I'm NEVER going to party like THAT again.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dreama, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Dreama

Gold Member

Gosh, guys. I am sooo stupid. Last night hubby and I went to a birthday party of one of our "good" friends. Things escalated fast. I honestly don't know how I ingested so much alcohol. Hubby hadn't been able to sleep well the past few days, so he walked home early (we're pretty close to one another). I thought I'd probably be safe, but there were a few guys I didn't know, who all started hitting on me after hubby left. It was like the assholes were trying to feed me more alcohol, to set me up so that I wouldn't be prepared for whatever they had planned. I stopped drinking at that point, because I was getting freaked out. Yuck! One chick even tried to kiss me. Why, I really couldn't say, but she was probably just really drunk, so I pushed her away, and told her that was not alright, trying to talk about how much I loved my husband and would never do anything to hurt him.

So then, I have to puke later, and one of these guys tries to get my shirt off while I was puking. Thankfully, I had the wherewithall to fight him off and tell him to get the fuck away from me. Why is it when people try to do that kind of stuff, they act like they were just joking, and that they didn't think it would offend me. After I vomited profusely, I got out of the bathroom, and people started to fight. I don't know about what, but it was scary. Guys, I'm scared of conflict and fighting, and it really freaked me out. So, I decided to leave. When I got up to leave, one of the creeps proceeds to try to convince me that I need to let him take me to his apartment, to sleep. Yeah right. But, I didn't fall for it. So, I stumbled home, and then proceeded to be very sick just about everywhere. Hubby gives me water, comforts me, and helps to calm me down. I told him everything that had happened and he apologizes for leaving without me, though it isn't his fault, because it was my choice to stay.

I'm only left thinking this: What would have happened if I hadn't left? What happened last night was scary, and really crazy. I didn't think the people throwing the party hung out with potential wannabe rapists. I asked my friend about the people I didn't know before I went to the party, and was assured that they were safe to be around. And when the shit went down, I was alone in there. And that did not feel good.

Ultimately, it was my own damn fault for putting myself in that kind of a situation. Never, never have I partied with people I didn't know....or with that many people. The only real times I've partied, were with a few of my best friends, just being calm, talking, and listening to music. I think I much prefer that. So, I learned a valuable lesson....You can never lose control around anyone you aren't absolutely certain about. I never completely did, but others were trying to take advantage of what I had lost control over. And I'm a little less naive. Furthermore, I'm thinking of not hanging out with anyone at that party again, including the people that threw the party. If they put themselves in situations like that often, that's not something I want to be involved in.

I'm sorry for posting this, but I really needed to vent. Argh. I'm so disappointed in myself for being so dumb. :(

P.S- Anyone have any tips for hangovers? I've not had many.

2. duttylittle1

duttylittle1 New Member

omg (((hugs))) im so sorrt to hear you were molested by morons who still think like teenage boys.... and dont blame yourself I mean you didnt go there thinking it basically there were a few guys there who screwed up your party evening...... big hugs :)

3. Dreama

Gold Member

Thanks, hun.

4. duttylittle1

duttylittle1 New Member

i know what its like when your drunk... and it just rolls away from you.... i was always glad that when i was younger i didnt like big parties.... cos i know when i drink my thinking screws up and then blah...

but with all that vomiting... maybe someone was spiking drinks?

5. Dreama

Gold Member

I've never really liked big gatherings. It really wasn't that crowded- about ten people were there. Someone could have been spiking drinks. I'm so thankful I could even get home, though. Much more, and I might be in a pile of puke in the bushes somewhere.

6. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

First thing i thought when you said someone tried to remove your blouse while you were puking..... You shoulda' turned around and puked all over the SOB! :puke:whoa

Hope you're feeling better by now :grouphug

7. Barbwire

Gold Member

Poor Dreama! At least things didn't get so out of control that something really horrific happened. ((hugs))

8. igor

Gold Member

Chalk it up to a learning experience. And it's a good thing it turned out the way it did. You may be right - maybe drinks were spiked. But had you not left, the words Gang-bang and rape come to mind. Yup - from now on stick to those you know well..:)

9. Dreama

Gold Member

Thanks guys. *Hugs to everyone* I'm feeling a little better after a morning puke session, a hot bath and a few Popsicles (only thing my stomach will accept right now). Thanks for listening to my vent. I usually don't drink like that, and I don't know what possessed me to do that (sure wouldn't have if I had known the motives of other less upstanding party-goers), but I think felt a wild streak...That is until I realized that things were wrong. Anyway, love to everyone who took the time to read that long-ass post. Lol

10. Dreama

Gold Member

Yeah, that would have been funny. Nobody else would have bothered me. But, if I ever see that guy again, I am going to express my anger by telling him how much I did not appreciate that.

11. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Kick him in the crotch next time, he'll get the message. And more big hugs for Dreama for a bad evening.
    [​IMG]

12. cook74

Gold Member

OK, you were smart, even though you were drunk you still managed to keep away from or at least deter the assholes. But many young women that try to party like that are left with more than hangovers, I would like to say that it is a sad indictment on today's youths but I can't as it was going on when I was a teen so...:ugh

Men are (many young men...:nerv) fuckwits that cant handle the booze or the peer pressure to take drugs and then egged on by their mates' innuendos try something stupid. Often these men regret their actions too. Unfortunately it is too late...

Like others have stated before (This is not for Dreama, who already knows),hang with the people you trust, your friends, when you think you are becoming inebriated or starting to lose control of your wits, your friends are your safety net.

I love it when my wife goes out on the town with her friends while I am busy working the weekends, as it gives her something to do in the long days and nights while we are apart but I always tell her to stay with her friends at all times, or at least come to my work (I work in the city) and meet me before she travels home.

13. Dreama

Gold Member

Aww! Thanks, Ninja!

Yeah, cook, even as I was there in the party, I knew if I didn't keep a little bit of sanity I wouldn't make it out unharmed, and I know all too many girls my age that have sad, "I was raped at a party" stories. I've never drank so much I've lost total control over myself, and even that was a close call. Yech. No more of that. My parties are strictly going to be one or two close people from now on. They're way more fun.

14. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Wow, Dreama...that sounds like an aweful experience AND a really close call. I'm sooo glad you came out of it alright (and I know your hubby is too). *Big, big hugs*.

And two posters beat me to it...you shoulda puked on the guy trying to pull your shirt off AND kicked him the balls.

Just as a thought...it might be a great idea for you to get into some self-defense classes. In fact, it might be a great idea for you and your hubby to take one together.

BD

15. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

Close call, Dreama. Glad you had your wits about you. You should have let the scum bag go a little further and bit his cock off, then he wouldn't be able to do it to anyone else.:lol

16. Dreama

Gold Member

Yeah, I know, but I wasn't really thinking about that...I was thinking "Oh goddamn, I'm puking everywhere. And WTF is this dude doing?". I couldn't do anything about it until I was finished puking. :( Anyway, I really should have stayed home.

17. bsxy420

Gold Member

dreama. you cant just stay home all the time sweets. this was a bad experiance. i would just say maybe go home with the hubby next time. and i agree with other posters that you should of puked on the guy...maybe even of grabbed his cheeks and put your thumbs at his eyes and gouge them out....but like you said you had to finish puking before you could do anything. i think you did what you could at that point in time...be safe sweetie...no one wants to see any one get hurt...*hugs*

18. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I'm with Igor on this one. (Old farts must think alike.) You're young, and it takes a few dumb mistakes to learn. It took me about... oh, 60 years worth. Come to think of it, I'm still making a few dumb mistakes. But I'm learning. I finally determined that getting drunk wasn't smart 20-25 years ago. (I'm a little slow!)

My point is, don't beat yourself up over making a mistake. It just proves you're human. You handled it well, all things considering, and emerged a smarter person for it.

19. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Thorn & I have a pact. Since we both love to 'alter our mind', we do it at home. Luckily, we have a lovely setting - private yard, large two-tiered deck, outdoor stereo speakers... and since we're best friends, we have a blast!!

But if we were younger, we'd be more inclined to go out and mingle. As another member of the "old farts club", we genuinely enjoy partying by ourselves. We've mingled with WAAAY too many assholes in our lifetime. :lol

20. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Now THAT is a very, very cool statement. :D You guys are a role model for many of us!

BD