I'm moving!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dreama, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Dreama

Gold Member

I'm actually packing today, and moving out tomorrow. We got the key to our new place, so yay! It's about a half a mile away from where we live now, and I'm really looking forward to getting out of married student housing. In the new place, we'll have two bedrooms and pets are allowed. ^_^ Just wanted to share, as I pretty excited about it.

2. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Yay! I'm moving in 2 weeks myself. Yay for moving.

3. igor

Gold Member

Congrats and good luck to you both.

It is a neat experience moving into a new place. I moved into my present house in 1977 and still remember it. The biggest problem was where to put the 700 lb piano. If we ever move again, the piano stays here!

4. Dreama

Gold Member

Yes, that piano must have been so cumbersome. The biggest hurtles I foresee are the 3 huge San Pedro cacti that we have, and a large floor loom that I have. Good thing they're all going out tomorrow!

5. north

north New Member

(pondering just how the Dickens one would go about moving a cactus...
    head hurts a bit now :ugh)

6. Dreama

Gold Member

Well, they're in pots and San Pedros do not have huge spines. That isn't to say that they don't have spines; they do. They're just small enough to not have to worry about poking ones face on while moving them. The biggest problem is that they are just really big. My parents moved across the country and left us with all of the large ones. They're family treasures, so I am happy to keep them-but they are somewhat cumbersome.

7. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Congrats on moving Dreama! It is exciting to go to a new place. I love my garden apartment, and really enjoy coming home to it. There is no place like home!

LOL on the piano thing. Before I was married, our best friends had tied the knot and built a new house. She is an accomplished pianist, and has a very nice, albeit heavy of course, upright piano that she had all her life. It was up to all of us to move it while she was out of town, as piano moving companies charge so much money, which was scarce at the time. I was in charge of giving orders and telling the guys what to do. :D The apartment was second floor, so there were three sets of concrete and metal steps to haul it down. W ended up using a huge, thick appliance box. The boys literally dragged it down those stairs inches at a time, without a nick or scratch. I was relieved when it arrived in one piece at thier new home.

Good Luck Dreama, and Ninja!

8. Dreama

Gold Member

Alright guys: I'm updating.

So, life has been busy. I am still not finished moving. Not having a vehicle has it's drawbacks. However, I'll be officially out by sunday! yay!

Anyway, hubby and I got some ferrets, since we are allowed to have pets. We have three, and they're amazing. I they're really great pets, for sure.

Also, I haven't been on much lately. My interwebs situation is pretty hit or miss at the moment. I've been using campus internet still until we get our own, so hopefully my absence from here won't be much longer.