im kinda worried

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by RAMBO85, Mar 13, 2007.

1. RAMBO85

RAMBO85 New Member

my girl and I had unprotected sex on her last period I never came inside of her, but theres always the chance of precum. so she took the "morning after pill" 48 hours later within the time frame. and yesterday monday the 12th she was supposed to get her period, and no period.
    should i be worried or does the morning after pill delay periods?

2. heelfetish

Gold Member

Now is the time for her to take a pregnancy test to find out for sure. There is no use in worrying about it until you have the results.

Take this as a lesson learned and stop having unprotected sex. :ugh

3. Shy Girl

Shy Girl New Member

sometimes periods can be delayed for other reasons, and not all periods are like clockwork. She may get hers tomorrow, or the next day. I'd give it a week or 2 before getting extremely worried. If she is stressing out for any reason (such as worrying about being pregnant) that stress could delay the period. I just went through this myself, and it threw my whole cycle out of wack

4. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

It's normal for a girl's period to be a day or two late or early. If you tried the morning after pill and she hasn't had per period yet then perhaps the hormones in the pill have affected when she gets her period. In the meantime, I'd recommend she takes a home pregnancy test and that you guys stop fooling around without protection! If it's too inconvenient to use condoms then you should look into getting your girl on birth control.

5. RAMBO85

RAMBO85 New Member

i will definitely stop fooling around like that, it aint worth it.
    but is there a pretty good chance she might not be pregnant?

6. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

From reading your description the chances of her being pregnant are unlikely. However, there is always a chance that she is pregnant. Wait a few days to see if she gets her period and then if it's a week late, then start worrying.

7. RAMBO85

RAMBO85 New Member

thanks Puss for your helpful messages.

8. barbie

barbie New Member

You said she was on her period when you had sex.
    So I doubt she is pregnant because that was the wrong time of the month to get pregnant.
    Maybe she hasn't had it because she is stressed out worring about it.
    Tell her to relax and quit worring and she will probably bo ok.

9. RAMBO85

RAMBO85 New Member

your right she has been stressing, i hope tomorrow she gets her period.

10. loveit247

Gold Member

Ok, I am going to be the nasty one here. When are people going to stop whinging about being stupid! If you don't want to worry about possible pregnancy, then don't have unprotected sex!!!!!!!

Done!

11. shy_david

shy_david New Member

It's very unlikely that she's pregnant, given she was still menstruating, ejaculation was external and the "morning after" pill was taken within 48 hrs. I'd guess that the chances are less than 1 in 1000.

The "morning after" pill is essentially a double or triple strength version of the contraceptive pill. It works by inhibiting attachment of a fertilised embryo onto the wall of the uterus. The sudden jolt of hormones may well upset the normal timing of her cycle.

However, there is always the 1 in 1000 chance that conception has still occurred, so go to your local pharmacy and buy a pregnancy test and get a definite answer. No point fretting - just do it and get it over and done with, and then you'll know for sure (I'd still do it even if she gets her period a few days late - the signs of early pregnancy are not as clear-cut as you might have been taught in sex ed 101)

You should also have a serious chat with your girl about what you use for birth control.

I hope this reassures, but the message is to just go out to the pharmacy now and pay the few bucks for a test kit. My local supermarket even has them on stock along with all the other personal health/hygiene paraphernalia

12. tr0n

tr0n New Member

Agreed. Sex has consequences. I hope I didn't get my wife pregnant last night, but oh well. I refuse to worry about it this time around since it was so spontaneous and the first time in years (literally). We used the rhythm method for years previous and never had problems, although I wouldn't recommend it for people who aren't married and/or don't want kids ever...

13. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

It has been said, Talk to Her about protection.
    The morning after is OK, But using a rubber is better.
    But don't ever think well we can handle it the next time
    and wait till we can get to the Drug Store. Sex is a very strong
    thing. So get that protection now not later.

Hiker:sf

14. Miss-Honey-Bee

Miss-Honey-Bee New Member

I took the morning after pill recently. My period was 2 weeks late. I did 3 pregnancy tests, all negative.

My advice to you is to get her a pregnancy testing kit. Preferably with more than 1 test per pack so she can check again in a few days should her period still not arrive. x

15. RAMBO85

RAMBO85 New Member

no period yet today, if she were pregnant would she have pregnancy symptoms. because she feels perfectly fine.

16. maryf48

maryf48 New Member

I have taken the morning after pill a few times now and not once has it delayed my period.

The odds are unlikely that your girlfriend is pregnant, as the time of her menstrual cycle was at the non fertile stage. Still it is better to be safe than sorry, therefore I would suggest taking a pregnancy test.

Good luck :)

Hugssss

17. heelfetish

Gold Member

Not all women exhibit typical 'symptoms' of being pregnant. It's time for a pregnancy test.

18. RAMBO85

RAMBO85 New Member

no period still today, my gf took a pregnancy test today and it came out negative.
    should i still be worried.

19. heelfetish

Gold Member

That's up to you, really. Wait a few more days and have her take another.

IMO you should be worried any time you have unprotected sex. They call it protection for a reason. ;)

20. SexFuneral

SexFuneral New Member

Agreed. A follow up in a few days to a week wouldnt be a bad idea.

Instead of worrying, I think you should really reflect on how this situation has effected you. How would you handle the possibility of being a father. And if she chose to terminate how would that affect you? And NOW will you start using protection????

Just be there for her and let her know that your in this too, better or worse yo.

I really hope things turn out ok for you two, I really do. Good luck and hang in there.