Im having surgery

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pride, May 14, 2007.

1. Pride

Pride New Member

Well bout 4 months ago i broke my wrist.

Tomorrow i will be having surgery on it and getting some plates and screws inserted. Im hoping since im very active in sports and such that i will get most of my mobility back im currently limited a fair amount. Also i would like to get back to lifting weights since its been SOOO long. Over a year now in fact.

Prolly not the kind of weight i was doing b4 such as i was benching 200 which is not a whole lot...but a fair amount of strain on the joins and such. I might beable to do it but it would be in my best interest in the long run not to do so.

Ill be honest though im a lil jittery/scared about the surgery. I dont like the thought of being cut up or put to sleep and not even wake up when i am being cut up. Just weirds me out a bit. Supposedly they will give me a shot bout half hour in advance to totally numb my arm and then give me a couple of pills that 'normally' put putting out cold. Unfortunately im not exact the average person when it comes to that type of stuff. And it may not be so effective as to totally put me out. I hope it is though. I dont think i want to be awake for any of it even if i am loopy.

But thought i would share.

2. HouseHunny

HouseHunny New Member

Good luck tomorrow. Surgery is never easy to just go in and get. Everything will be better when you are popping them little magic pain pills...lol My man was a little nervous when he had his vasectomy done...He was also awake or that and could feel them cut him open. I was also awake for my tubal...Talk about weird experiences. Oh and I had mine done the morning after having my son...So if I made it through all that and I am still ok....I am sure you will be fine too. Keep us posted on how things go :)

3. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

Just make sure you don't wake up in the middle of it all. Trust me, it sucks. :(

4. LaVitaDolce

LaVitaDolce New Member

Good luck! I'm scared of being put to sleep also! When I had to get my wisdom teeth taken out I cried and cried before they did it because for some reason I thought I would never wake up. I had to have my sister hold my hand. Haha, loser I know, but I was scared. :( But I got over it after they gave me laughing gas. :lol I was out in no time! Best wishes! :)