IM/Chat?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by taster7734, Sep 28, 2012.

1. taster7734

taster7734 Member

I seem to be having some trouble getting responses to my messages...have not been on here long enough to make enemies! I am used to a different site that is very interactive....do people on this site interact? Or am I just too new yet? And the question I would like to ask most is: Is there IM (instant messaging) on this site? I am used to chatting live....o_O

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

You realy need to give me time to respond to you. There is no official chat. There used to be.

As far as people.responding to your messages, it all depends on who you are talking to and what its about. If you send someone sexual questions and you are brand new, you generally wont get responded to. Also, sending messages to people.who havent logged on in months or even years is another reason you wont hear back.

3. taster7734

taster7734 Member

OK Thanx! I will scale back my expectations and make a major effort to give you some time latitude....I am used to IM and this will take me some getting used to..I am sorry if I am pressuring you...:ugh

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

You aren't pressuring you just have to realize, this is a forum. People have lives outside of this. The members (especially here) don't spend every waking moment on the forum.

Now that I'm on my computer I can say a little more. As stated via my earlier PM's, I don't reply in depth until Fridays as that's my only day off from classes during the week. The rest of the week I make quick replies via my phone in between classes or before I get home. I don't want to neglect my duties so I do what I can when I can.

Others on the forum don't take all too kindly with new folks sending them pm's of sexual nature. Even if it's just a sexual question. Until you are a truly established member with a good post count, people generally wont reply to your pm's. Some may even get uncomfortable and report them.

As far as chat is concerned. We used to have an audio and video chat. It began to glitch and allow non registered members into it, harassment began and mods had no ability to moderate the glitching chat. For the better of the community, we did away with it. The site owner has been working for months on getting a chat back up. Unfortunately we (as mods and admins) do not have a definite time of or even if the original chat will be back up.

This site is very VERY different from any other forum that you've been on. We are more of a community then anything. New members quickly learn that and generally contribute to join the community and make good friends along the way. I suggest that you do that, if you haven't been doing so already. I haven't taken a look at your posts and you're new, so yeah.

As always, if you have any questions you are welcome to privately message me about them. Or you can, as you did, post them here.

5. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

Mitter pretty much summed it up. I haven't logged in to check up and post here in the past 4 days because I've got a lot on my plate going on. But when I have time I always check in and stay on the forums for a while and enjoy posting and chatting with everyone. So just give it some time to let others get back to your post(s) as Mitter said, everyone has a life outside of the forum.