I'm blowing this pop stand

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sexaholic, May 16, 2007.

1. sexaholic

sexaholic New Member

I'm only here for a few days, and looking at my post count I've realised that I'm addicted to this forum... Not that it's the first time that's happened!

I joined this forum to just gauge some general reactions for one of my papers (no names or conversations used except in one case where I got consent for a conversation clip), but obviously it's mostly entertainment at this point. I really don't have that much time for a forum addiction these days and in a few days time I'm really gonna have to get my shit in order study-wise if I'm gonna be doing this year what I want to do (field research).

So goodbye all it's been pretty short, but sweet :D

2. Bella

Gold Member

Good luck to you! :)
    ~Bella

3. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Yeah sexaholic its been cool reading soe of your posts, good luck and i hope somehow you got some good info on what you were seeking....take it easy and hope you get to do the field research and that it goes great for you.

4. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

It's all about balance. Just set aside 95% of your day to the forums, and the other 5% to your studies. Perfect! But I know what you mean. I'm learning 3 HUGE programs and 4 smallish programs all at the same time and I just keep finding myself going here and to LS2. *Sighs*

5. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Sorry to hear your leaving, but totally understand your reasoning. Good luck to you, and remember: All work & no play leads to a rather boring existence. Having a bit of fun every now & then is a great stress reliever!

6. heelfetish

Gold Member

Sorry to hear that you're leaving. It was nice to have another intelligent individual here to converse with. I really enjoyed reading your thoughtful posts. I hope some day you can return. :)

7. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

Sorry to hear that, i've enjoyed your posts. Hopefully you will come back in the future!

8. Barbwire

Gold Member

Aw, dang, we barely got to know you! Well, have a safe trip to wherever it is you are going. Come back soon, we will leave a light on for you.

9. HouseHunny

HouseHunny New Member

You will be back! LOL I'm kidding. Good Luck, maybe you will be able to atleast stop in on your free time.

10. smallpackage

smallpackage New Member

Not to be rude, but I have never understood the point of these threads. This is the internet, people are free to come and go. If you don't want to be here because it takes up too much of your time, then don't come here so frequently. Seems pretty simple to me, yet these threads pop up on every forum I have ever been a part of.

11. Fudan

Fudan New Member

It is pretty simple, but on forums like this where there's actually some sense of community, people actually care when someone joins or leaves.

12. Barbwire

Gold Member

I am glad to know when folks are splitting, when they disappear for no reason I wonder if they are ok.

13. smallpackage

smallpackage New Member

I think you both are missing my point. Why does someone have to leave entirely? Why can't they just not come here so often? It makes sense to me. Too me it's like saying "golf takes too long to play, so I am never going to play again." The logical choice would be to just play less often or only 9 holes instead of 18.

I dunno, maybe I am just weird.

14. Barbwire

Gold Member

Ok, thanks for clearing that up, SP. That makes sense.

15. HouseHunny

HouseHunny New Member

I wonder this a lot too. I visit other forums for other topics of interests and in all of them I read threads about how they are spending too much time on there and it is causing conflict with loved ones and all. I come here and check things out the way I would check my email...If I have time on my hands I could read and post to more threads...but the concept of having to "leave".....I never get.