I'm BISEXUAL!

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by ninja08hippie, Jan 19, 2008.

1. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Thanks, I just needed to put that out there. I've known for a while but only told a few people. I'm mostly straight, probably about 80% straight, 20% gay, but had to tell someone and SF seems an open-minded place to do it publicly. Yay! :)

2. Bluesy

Gold Member

[mouse]Congrats on "discovering" your sexual orientation![/mouse]

Seriously, that's a big deal worthy of a little celebration. I remember how relieved I felt when I reached the conclusion that I was about 80/20 (50/50 on occasion--the determining factor being hormonal fluctuations).

Bi men are a huge turn-on of mine :brow I wish there were more of them...or that more would admit to it!

3. Dreama

Gold Member

Cool. I'm Bi too! :) We're a lot of fun, aren't we?

4. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Rare

I've read that long term, practicing, bisexuals are really pretty rare. Most people eventually go one way or the other.

5. Skeptix

Skeptix New Member

there's a bit of a distinction here for me, though. while i'm attracted to physical acts with other men...the emotional aspect, for me, is almost entirely on the "straight side". i can't imagine ever feeling about a man the closeness i feel for a woman...but that doesn't stop me from dreaming about giving head from time to time, or even going further physically. there's an ebb and flow on the physical aspect for me...but the emotional aspect has always been constantly hetero.

6. metroid

metroid New Member

Can you describe what you mean by 80% straight and 20% gay? I thought if you were bi it would be 50/50.

7. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Well if I have a choice between a pretty hot girl and a really hot guy I'd always pick the girl. So I'm surely not 50/50.

8. sarah_rslp

sarah_rslp New Member

I'm a bit iffy on the term bi-sexual. I think most people male and female are capable of feeling attraction to the same sex. I think it's wrong to draw some sort of equivalency between bi-sexuality and homo-sexuality, homo-sexuals will always end up with someone of the same sex as their partner and suffer all the consequences that comes out of it. But bi-sexuals can just dabble with the lifestyle as they choose.

I've had sex with women in the past. The reason behind it varied from occassion to occasion, curiosity, loneliness, just being really horny:) (it's definitely a really awesome alternative to masturbation). For women it's not so serious lesbianism is all the rage, men love it and I never suffered any ill feeling because of it.

As for Sex between men well you only have to listen to typical derogatory terms like 'cock sucker' to know how men feel threatened by gay sex.

To me it was never a huge deal, just because I went down on a mate once doesn't give me a new perspective on life. Anywho it sounds like you want to experiment a little so go for it.

9. Dreama

Gold Member

I'm not certain that everyone is capable of being with both sexes, willingly and happily. I can't say for sure...I'm not everyone....But, I've talked to a lot of people that were very certain of their homo/heterosexuality and wouldn't even dream of getting it on with both sexes.

I feel that there are many great aspects of women and men, and I'm attracted to both sexes for many different reasons. I feel that I could connect in a romantic and physical way with both. I mean, I'm married, and my romantic partner is a man. However, had I not met my hubby, I might have been in a relationship with a chick. Who knows?

10. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Interesting thread. I'm not at all a homophobe by any means...I had a gay roommate in college for one semester, and I was fine with that. (We didn't do anything sexual, we were just friends and room-mates...although I did go to a gay bar with him a time or two as he was coming out of the closet.)

I can certainly tell an attractive man from an unattractive man, but then I don't feel any sexual desire for another man by himself (meaning he and I alone). However, fantasizing about an MMF threesome is just as erotic to me as fantasizing about a FFM threesome. Thinking of my wife engaging in some play with another guy definitely turns me on. If, by some chance, we ever ended up deciding to actually have a MMF threesome, would I concentrate on interacting with my wife, or would I end up interacting with the other guy in some way? Ya know, I honestly don't know that answer. If there was something that really turned her on, I would probably do it. Would I give him a blowjob myself? I seriously doubt it. Might I do something like jack him off into my wife's mouth, or slip a vibe up his ass while he's bonkin' her, or other things along those lines? I dunno, maybe! I certainly wouldn't be feeling very inhibited if we were already in that situation, so who knows? I think back to my wife going with me to a local strip bar and us getting a lap-dance from a girl...my wife interacted with the dancer almost as much as I did (and oh my gosh was that hot!)

One of the little things we do fantasize about is having two dicks in her front (I tease her with that thought when we stick me and a vibe in the front :brow). IF we were ever in that situation AND she wanted double vaginal penetration, I WOULD definitely do it. It's a totally hot thought! (Shprong!) :dgrin

Is feeling this way at all "bi-sexual"? I don't think it actually is (since I don't feel a sexual attraction to other men myself...I don't think of "doing" another guy), but then I don't know if there's a term specifically for my mindset.

BD

11. Skeptix

Skeptix New Member

Not sure how you folks can quantify it ( 80/20 or 50/50 )...you are what you are and I don't think you change from one day to the next. I like chocolate. Some days I could eat it morning, noon and night...other days I'm just not into it. I still like it...just not in the mood. My liking chocolate doesn't change from one day to the next, but my appetite for it might. My liking of chocolate is either/or, not 80/20 or 50/50.

I think if you are physically attracted to the same sex...that's all you need to say. You may have times where you have no desire to act on it, but it doesn't really change the basic nature of you. Sure, I believe over time...a long time...that can change (like political beliefs or fashion sense or taste in foods), but it's not something you can measure on a day-to-day basis.

Me, I fully admit to being physically attracted to certain types of men. I particularly enjoy certain aspects of the male body . I have no desire to get to know a guy the way I get to know my female lovers...to have a spiritual or emotional connection with them. It's purely carnal...lust. I just wanna suck a dick, sometimes!

12. cbrmale

Gold Member

This makes sense: to be a practicing bisexual requires either concurrent casual relationships or an open relationship with casual relationships or some combination along these lines.

13. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

I would probably class myself as bi-sexual if made to label myself but only because i am attracted to women and therefore wouldn't feel right classing myself as staight even though i do not have relationships with women. I do prefer men though so i can understand someone describing themself as 80/20

14. kaffwahn

kaffwahn New Member

You can borrow mine if you can afford him :lol

Congrats on feeling comfortable enough to come out, ninja! :)

15. hauna

hauna New Member

no big deal, if I see a guy and we hit it off well and good. Best of both worlds really - great!!!

16. BiC4W

BiC4W New Member

Recently came out to my husband about liking women. Only a couple people know. I guess you could say I am still getting used to being open about it. It took me along time to admit it to myself, let alone my husband of almost a decade! Now just wanting to explore and play around with it.

17. Godiva

Godiva Member

I don't think there should even be a label for it. I believe we should be entirely free on what we feel.
    Say, it's like being vegetarian. Some eat meat extremely infrequently, or eat fish...etc. Why can't we just say "we eat what we eat" or "we're sexually interested in what we're sexually interested in"????
    Labels to me are very very annoying. I can never ever determine what i am. After spending years and years trying to fit i realized i never would. And, that i simply am what i am. I am my own label. I'm me.
    I call myself straight and don't tell anyone i'm bi because i'm with extremely religious strict house hold and friends. But the truth is i'm attracted to both male and female.
    The kinsley scale can categorize it, if you like to.
    Kinsey scale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'm a 2.5 if I had to give it a number on long term relationship. But I am more attracted to females, so technically i'm a 3.5? But i would rather be with a man long term. Probably because of how i was raised and social/cultural norms. I'll never ever kiss a woman, or even let her know i like her, or let anyone know i'm bi. Because there is no point.
    I think a person is a person. And not to discriminate on gender, for me. I'm not dissing straight people, because i understand them a lot being as i have no gay close friends. I'm not calling them sexist at all.
    Men and women have different qualities. I met the person i want, so now i don't have to look for anyone. Women or male.

i talk too much. Sorry! HA!

18. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Nah, you said exactly what you needed to say, and I find myself in agreement.