I'm back, and moving.....if anyone noticed.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Maverick, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Maverick

Maverick Member

So I made a life decision to move, and have been much happier over all, but still very depressed I'm leaving my animals for the time being.

I wrote a nice poem about it, and I'll post after I write this.

So 2 weeks ago, I quit my job. I pretty much told the guy that I worked for to stick it, and left. Amazingly, since I do my job so well, they all said come back, come back, but I didn't and haven't. I need to get out of the meaningless life style of driving trucks, and use my brain to better my life. So I'm moving from central Washington, from a town of 500, to the Seattle area, and there I'm going to do some stuff with my cousin while I take my Six Sigma Lean Class, and work on getting my private pilots license. I have a cousin I'm moving in with so rent and everything will be cheap.

I'm very excited to do something new with my life. I'm a fighter, tried and true. I can do anything my mind wants, and I have a 20 year plan that is both feasible and accessible with hard work. I have a friend that is probably moving up, so at some point in the near future, my friend, myself and my cousin plan to start a business together. Between the brain power we all have, it should be very successful.

The biggest thing for me, is leaving my Animals, so I made a poem about it. Thanks for reading, if any one does.

Before I write this beautiful poem about my family, I have to say something. My family is my dogs, those who have been here for me when everyone else in the world turned their backs on me. My dogs were always here to cuddle with me, giving unconditional love to me, and always made me smile and feel better. Through my darkest hours of my life, my Family was here for me. I am moving now, to make my life better, and I’m not sad to leave my human family behind, no, because most of them turned their backs on me too, but I’m devastated to leave my Dogs behind. I know I have the strength to be whatever I want to be, and it is my hope I someday will be able to have a place and maybe get my dogs back.
    To the human family who abandoned me in my dire time of need, I have no respect or love for you. I find it amusing that now, when I’ve fought, scrapped, and bled my way through the valley of death, you all expect me to sit here and love you. I don’t, and I’m past the point of caring. I hope you do well in your lives, but I will not be there for you to lean on. You should have been there for me, and maybe someday I will get over the extreme hurt you have all put on me for abandoning me, but it will not be today or soon. I will never name names, and most of you are probably pretty clueless as to who I’m talking about, but that’s on you to figure out. Think back to the day when I needed someone. Where you there?
    Now to my poem.

My dogs, so beautiful and full of love, sit here looking at me, wondering why Daddy is so sad.
    I look back at them eyes full of tears, reminiscing through the years, remembering how they made me glad.
    I see the reject’s that no one else wanted that I took without a second thought,
    I still proud that of all my dogs, there was never one that I bought.

My dogs were all abused, rejected, and broken animals when I got them, sort of like me
    I set out to make sure they would love me till they died, when I reached to pet them, they wouldn’t pee.
    I got my lovely Dane in 2004, and the first thing she did was pee in my car, then in my house.
    And believe me, the puddles were like mini lakes, she trembled worse then an elephant seeing a mouse.

My little Chihuahua I got in 2010, a gift for my then girlfriend who wanted a dog together
    I named her Peanut, because she loves M&M peanuts, and just regular peanuts, so I gave them to her, cuz she was light as a feather.
    She got pregnant in 2011, had two beautiful puppies I call Little Guy and Little Girl
    They are so cute, so cuddly, so adorable, they are an integral part of my world.

They are sitting here beside me as I write this, and the tears are coming fast
    They know something is happening, and I struggle to make my mind last.
    The help they provided me through trying times has made me so very humble
    And I know my dogs were always here, even when I started to stumble.

My dogs are my family, my life line to the world, my cuddle buddies on dark cold nights
    There through the darkest hours of depression, here when I was close to the end of my might.
    Licking me and nuzzling me on my worst days when I just wanted to give up and cry.
    They are the ones who gave me the strength to live, even when I wanted to give up and die.

Now I have to enter a world of people who are evil, mean spirited, users and faithless
    I’m leaving my dogs with people who can use them as I have, and they won’t be useless
    They will soon love someone else, and shortly forget about me, but I will never forget the love they gave
    And someday in the near future, because I’m a fighter, I’ll be the guy people call to rescue dogs, to save.

The End. I love you, my faithful Mutts. I will never forget the love you have for me, and I hope when I die and cross the great divide, you will be there waiting for me.

2. dukefan

dukefan New Member

Hate you had to leave the dogs, but sounds like you are doing something for the betterment of yourself. Good luck, and hope to see ya some on here

3. AGFUNK

Gold Member

First off welcome back! I'm sure others noticed that you were gone and will post as well. I wish you luck with getting your license and with your plan.

I'm so sorry that you had to leave your family. It's never easy. I had a cat, Spotty, when I was younger. He was my first pet and I had to leave him behind because we were moving and couldn't take him with. He went to a good elderly couple. I understand the feeling of leaving behind your family. I'm sure they will be ok and will remember you when you can see them again. Your poem was very nice and brought tears to my eyes.

4. Moon

Moon New Member

I noticed. Mav I wish you well, I know what it is to call a halt on life as you know it and to suddenly change direction. Best of luck xx

5. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Thats beautiful man, fucking beutiful.

I was wondering here you were, you were starting to get me worried. Sounds like that recent incident really changed your life and perspective on things. I hope and wish you the best of luck. Drop a penny from the top of the Seattle Needle for me.

6. Mittimer

Gold Member

When we talked you told me about moving and your plans and I stood by you then much as I will now. I'm glad that you're happier quitting your job and leaving to live with your cousin. It will be better for you.

I <3 you. If you need anything. *hugs*

7. Maverick

Maverick Member

Thank you, everyone. I got good homes for all the Mutts, so I'll have the option in a few years to get them back if there comes a point I can.

And my Chihuahua gets to go with me now!!! So yay!!

8. luvbug

Gold Member

I missed you!!! Glad things are looking up for you!! Really glad you get to take one of your dogs with you. Great poem. My heart breaks knowing you have to leave them behind. Hopefully you can get them all back soon. Hugs to you my friend.

9. Maverick

Maverick Member

Sweetness. I love Seattle. So beautiful, and people are so nice.

I'm starting to come out of my funk with women too. This is nice.

And I have a myriad of jobs that are available to me, just not rushing into anything. I think I'm leaning towards being a Limo Driver/bodyguard type, or working at these all night clubs as a bouncer.

I met this absolutely beautiful woman, who played professional volleyball. Tall, blond, very nice. She has issues, and almost everyone I know said "You don't have a shot with her" so I just was myself, and she was really intrigued by me, because I wasn't sitting there drooling over her, and I flat out told her that while she's pretty, her issues aren't for me. So now she's intrigued and everyone is asking how the fuck I did that lol.

Between bars and nightclubs 3-5 times a week, and the multitude of different people hitting on me, I'm starting to feel great. Better then I have in the past 10 years.

10. CosmicEye

Gold Member

yay life. I need one of those

11. RideNaked2

Gold Member

So happy for you Mav! Good luck and will stand behind you 100% :)

12. Maverick

Maverick Member

Wheee!!!! I'm in love with life for once in my existence. And I think I met someone who I could change my life for. Not change who I am, but embrace that which I am and have been since I was young. I should say I'm fighting with the "She's outta my league" issue at the moment, but there was such a big chemistry there.

The touch was magical, like when she touched me, I felt better then I can remember. I felt more love and compassion from her then anyone else in my life to this point. Just not enough words.

As far as jobs go, I am starting a band, and got a few short films coming up I may be acting in. I also may start this next week on a political activism group for 14 bucks an hour. Handing flyers, getting signatures, heading press conferences and media related stuff. Turned down a job being a bouncer at the strip club, because it has no future. So we'll see what's cracking.

And maybe I'll be around more. I'm sorry I'm distant, but unless you text me (and sometimes not even then) I don't usually talk to anyone. I'm just busy enjoying life like I haven't in years.

edit- I'll probably be around more after the chat comes back. That kind of killed it for me. ;)

#12 Maverick, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  13. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Glad to hear life's looking better for you Maverick....:)

14. Maverick

Maverick Member

The Angel elliotmandeville

That is the first time I have ever wrote something like that. I like it. Took me 20 minutes. My friend is the girl I was dating on a nonexclusive deal.

15. Maverick

Maverick Member

Thanks bro. It's been better every day.

16. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Glad to see such positive change, and the perfect new avatar

17. Maverick

Maverick Member

Well, we went out last night, had a blast. Even though I'm stuffed up I still sang a song for her. That's Amore by Dean Martin.

Anyways, we talked alot and have common goals and views on things. So we decided we both want to be exclusive. So I am now in a very exclusive and committed relationship

18. RideNaked2

Gold Member

Good for you Mav! I'm glad that you are happy! :)