I'm back and BOY do I have pics!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Barbwire, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

I just got back from a horsecamping trip in the Adirondacks; it was 5 straight days of eating, drinking, and being merry, with some of my favourite gal pals. My horse did really well, with no signs of lameness and the trails were spectacular. It got really hot during the day, so we kept the riding to the early morning hours and the rides were only 3 hours long. My horse is used to 5 hour rides, so he got off easy, this time. :eyes

When we'd get back to camp after riding each day, we'd enjoy tapas and cocktails. Then we'd retire to our campers for siestas after which, we'd gather again and just lounge around and bullshit til nightfall. We'd eat like pigs again, then sit around bullshitting some more by the campfire until we started nodding off.

It was a sweeeeeet routine!

I was so busy during the day and dog-tired at night, that I didn't have the energy to jill-off or go in search of just the right pinecone. I think the pictures will may up for my lack of dirty stories to tell. ;)

Click this pic to start the show. If you see a pic you like, click on it and it will appear in it's own window for you to look at. [​IMG]

2. bucky

bucky New Member

Those are some great pics CL. Great having you back. Beautiful . We have nothing like that in Chicago. I am so jealous.

3. igor

Gold Member

Yeah - great pics CL! Glad ya had a good time. I was hoping some of the storms we had would not affect you there.

4. Barbwire

Gold Member

We got 2" of rain on Thursday, but it all fell during the night, so it didn't bother us, the heat and humidity during the day was the worst thing.

5. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

Leave it...

...to you to mix in power lines and a urine stream amongst the bucolic, wonderful settings!

Looks like you gals have a blast, CL!!!

6. HardRocker

Gold Member

It's always so hard to do justice to the great outdoors through a camera, great job.

7. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Those are so beautiful. It relaxed me just to look at them, but it was even better to think of you having a great time doing what you love with the girls! You so deserved that after the remodel. Thanks for sharing.....

8. CutiePie25

CutiePie25 New Member

Are there only two pics?

9. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

South West?

10. Barbwire

Gold Member

Ha! The powerlines picture has a story... As a prank, when approaching the part in the trail that leads to the HUGE hill under the powerlines, it is customary to tell a newbie, "This hill coming up takes a good running start to get over, so you'd better put the boots to your horse."

Last year was my first time at Otter Creek, and the veterans I was with fed me that line. I took one look at the hill and kicked my horse into gear. After galloping for a 100 feet or so, before I hit the hill, I could hear laughing behind me. Apparently, I passed the test for having big balls, but a small brain. The trail we were on curved to the side just before the hill, to bypass it. The other trail was for ATV's and dirtbikes. :lol

Thanks, Rocker. Honestly, I am a bit disappointed that I didn't get more pics, but my horse was breathing so hard from the heat, most of the pics came out too blurry to use.

Thanks, FC. Yeah, it was a well deserved break, alright. Now, I think I have the energy to paint a few more rooms. ;)

No, there were quite a few. Try again.

Juicy, no I don't live in the Southwest, I live in the Northeast. The breed of horse you are talking about is correctly called a Peruvian Paso. I ride a Paso Fino. I've never sat a Peruvian, but I've heard they are as smooth as a Paso. I don't know what can top my horse's ride, though, he's smooth like butter on a bald monkey's nuts.

11. loveit247

Gold Member

Your boy is GORGEOUS! He makes me even sadder that I have not ridden in ages.
    Looks like you had a great time. I wish I could do something like that.

12. Barbwire

Gold Member

Thanks, Loveit. Here's a real short video clip I took. You can hear the 4-beat gait of my Paso in it. We were only going about mid-speed, but he sounds fast doesn't he? ;) (click the pic to watch the vid)

[​IMG]

13. cook74

Gold Member

I just love those videos where I can imagine I'm riding Amante.

Or at least imagine CL riding buck naked, pine cone in hand...:brow

:D