I suck.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, May 2, 2007.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

My inspection on my car was due 5 weeks ago. Oopsie.

2. smallpackage

smallpackage New Member

We don't have required inspections in Oregon. That must suck.

3. Jayce

Gold Member

Yeah. It's garbage. It wouldn't be so bad if these mechanic shops didn't charge you and arm and a leg for simple parts. On top of that, a lot of mechanic shops won't pass stuff that could be fine for another year. It's bullshit. I look at it like insurance. I mean... who the fuck tries to charge a 20 year old with a clean driving record 4,500 dollars a year to insure a vehicle worth about 6,000? WTF is wrong with this picture?

So many things would change if I were president.

4. smallpackage

smallpackage New Member

Umm..you either have a crazy dangerous car, bad credit or just simply need to find a new insurance company. I am a lisenced agent and can tell you that you are paying way too much.

Try checking with progressive, or if your credit isn't very good, check with American Family.

5. Jayce

Gold Member

I'm as baffled as you are. And no, I'm not paying 4,500. I'm paying 2,000, which to me is still high as balls.

I drive a 2001 Elantra, 4 cylinder 5 speed. Thing has 4 airbags in it (two front and two side impact). Very nice car, for someone like me at least who commutes about 100 mi/day.

I have great credit. I've had a cell phone ever since I can remember and now I have a car payment. Everything has always been paid ahead of time and moreso than what the minimal balance is.

I had one ticket over 4 and a half years ago, which none of the insurance companies I checked with seemed to even care that far back.

State Farm wanted 4,800.
    Progressive wanted 4,200.
    Geico wanted 4,300.

The cheapest I could find was 2,000 a year. Which... to me, is still kind of ridiculous. Then again, maybe I just get easily pissed over financial shit. I'm 20 years old, I work hard as balls, 5 days a week in a sweatbox factory WHILE going to school and keeping those class grades at A's or damn close. Yet, when I get paid, I have so little to show for it. I probably have like 15 bucks of play money per week despite how often I work. After a sub here or there and a quick soda, Jayce is poor as balls. And due to this, I get extremely aggrivated when people are proud that their parents pay for stuff so they don't have to work.

So yeah. Whether that 2k figure is high or not, it's still high as fuck to me. I mean, it's a damn Hyundai. Oh, that reminds me. State Farm quoted me "2,400" so I was like hm, that's not bad (compared to geico and progressive) so I got silent on the phone and thought about it for a second. Then the woman went "every 6 months." I said WHAAAAAAT?!?! LADY. I SAID HYUNDAI ELANTRA. NOT A FUCKING FERRARI ENZO! WHAT THE HELL... *click* :mad

6. LaVitaDolce

LaVitaDolce New Member

We don't have that in Florida. Thank God!

7. Jayce

Gold Member

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand why. I've been in other states where a car will have 3 different sized rims/wheels. That's just ridiculous, and a huge accident waiting to happen. HOWEVER, I CANNOT STAND it when the government enforces us (the average joe) into what I call "fraud." They force us to get inspection, yet all of the mechanics are fuckin crooks. They force us to pay insurance, then rape us out the asshole.

I need to be president. Seriously. I would make all of you folks so damn happy.

8. LaVitaDolce

LaVitaDolce New Member

I wish! :) I'm tired of paying so much for insurance. Just like you, they are raping me out of the asshole except with no KY. :lol

9. heelfetish

Gold Member

I think high insurance payments are a problem all across the globe. We pay out the ass here too. :(

10. Bluesy

Gold Member

I would agree, but I've seen too many deathtraps rattling around in states that don't require yearly inspections. Scares me just a bit.

Have you checked into Amica? I've been with them for years now. I get good coverage for peanuts (comparatively speaking).

11. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

In France if you want your car fixed , expect a long long wait perhaps around 3 to 4 months for any part for it to arrve ( its has to travel all over france first before it gets to you.....
    Insurance not sure what the deal is with that here as i dont have a licence,,but i do drive... ( and before i get jumped roflmao i drive legaly over here ).

12. smallpackage

smallpackage New Member

Jayce, are your deductibles at $500? If they are lower, think about raising them to $500, this will help out quite a bit.

Also, most insurance companies will offer mult-policy discounts. It might actually save you money to get a renter's insurance policy or small life insurance policy - just to get the discount on your auto insurance.

Also, if possible, pay 6 months at a time, you will save money that way. If you don't have the cash flow to do that, have them take it directly from your checking account...that could save you $10-$20 a month just for that.

13. Jayce

Gold Member

What I could do is pay 6 months in advance on my credit card, then instead of worrying about car insurance, I could just toss that over to the CC each month. That way I can at least eliminate 2 bills into 1 so I don't have to go crazy on these deadlines I have for each of my bills spread throughout the month. Plus since I get paid every 2 weeks, sometimes it's hard to make ends meet with bills. All too often it's due on the 9th, yet I get paid on the 10th, so it's like wtf?!

14. Jayce

Gold Member

Sounds corny, but I been playing an online game ever since I was in 7th grade. I'm now in my third year of college. It's like World of Warcraft, except not really. It's not like I spend 10 hours a day on it. Maybe 3-4 hours a week, but it's relaxing on days off. Anyway, I met a dude in the game from England. He thought my old car was downright amazing, which it only had a 3.3 liter 6 cylinder. It was a 93 Grand Am GT. He said my car, in comparison to the cars they drive, is literally like a Pinto vs a Ferrari. He worked at an insurance company, and one day he went in and was on instant messenger, so I sent him the stats of my car (engine, safety, etc) and he put the numbers in. I forget what the insurance per year would be, but let's just say it was considerably more than the car's value was worth!

15. Mr Johnson

Mr Johnson New Member

Meh, as long as you don't get pulled over you're fine. MD does a one time vehicle inspection, the car I bought had an owner that basically bribed it to pass inspection (in PA). All sorts of stuff is wrong, the main thing being the mfin gas tank fell out.

Anyway, car insurance, I'm sure that why you pay so much is that you have a car payment, so you have to have full covereage, and depending on PA law, gap insurance. I keep my insurance low on my 2005 neon sxt, by keeping my 85 van on as my "main work vehicle". $200 a month for 2 vehicles. I'm 20 years old also, but through state farm I also have home owners and fire insurance

16. Jayce

Gold Member

Yeah. My insurance company thinks I drive 5 miles a day.

I drive clear over 100 miles a day. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol SUCKERS!!!!