I say inappropriate things when I'm nervous.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Barbwire, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

Today, I went to get an MRI of my brain. I'd never had one before and was a touch nervous. The tech was a good looking 30-something year old, very charming and cute. He asked me questions about my medical history and explained some things about the test. He had me hang up my coat and put my purse in a locker before we entered the room with the MRI machine.

Once in the room he asked if I had any metal in my hair scrunchy. I said, " No, but what about the zipper in my jeans? Will they be torn off of me?"

He said, "No, only your head will be in the machine."

Without thinking I said, "What about the underwires in my bra?"

He said, "Do you wear your bra on your head?"

Feeling like an idiot I said, "No."

He laughed and said, "Then you don't have to worry about it being torn off of you."

I gave him a dirty smile and said, "What about after the MRI, any chance of that happening then?"

He laughed and shook his head then changed the subject by asking me what kind of music I'd like to listen to while in the machine.

I don't know why I say inappropriate things to men when I'm nervous. I guess it's that old stressed=horny connection I have again.

#1 Barbwire, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  2. heelfetish

Gold Member

Too funny, CL! I can just imagine that exchange on an episode of House, with Dr Chase asking you those questions.

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

Yeah, BEFORE he got all of his lovely hair cut off. :(

4. HardRocker

Gold Member

:lol Don't fight it, it'll only make it worse.
    Back in the '90s I had an MRI of my head, but it was one of those full body tubes and the noise was like V-twin motorcycles riding around and around my head for a half hour. I couldn't have listened to music in there.

What music did you get to listen to?

Have you been back to the feed store to see Spanky yet? :p

5. Barbwire

Gold Member

Believe me, the MRI machine was very loud and I don't know that the music helped much. I picked an 80's mix CD and the third song was "Mony, Mony" which is on my top 5 most hated songs list. :mad God, that song is long!

6. Barbwire

Gold Member

Oh, forgot to answer your question, HR. Yes, I've been back to the feed store, but Mr. Tawny Lionmane wasn't there. Thank god!

7. heelfetish

Gold Member

How can you dislike Mony Mony?!? That's one of my favorite 80's tunes! :lol

See now, my wife said the opposite. She likes it better now.

8. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

You dirty minded woman you :D

9. Stormin10

Stormin10 Member

So what would have happened if he said yes and followed you up on the offer..??

10. Barbwire

Gold Member

I can't for the life of me figure out why everyone would go ape shit when that song came on when I was in college. I guess it was because you got to shout, "Get laid, get fucked!" at the top of your lungs along with a hundred other people on the dance floor.

I don't know if anyone is familiar with the 1977 Mel Brook's movie "High Anxiety" but, there' s part in it where Dick Van Patten is trapped in a car that is playing a truly horrendous and obnoxious song. He can't turn off the raido or open the doors or windows. He covers his ears and claws at the windows in an effort to escape the terrible din. Eventually, he dies and is found bleeding from the ears. We find out later in the movie that it was murder.

Listening to "Mony Mony" at a loud volume through crappy headphones while being inside an MRI machine and unable to escape of turn it off, I know exactly how Dick's character felt.
    :uhh:

You know it, baby! ;)

Being as how I'm 98% talk and 2% action, I think I would have turned tail and split. :lol

11. HardRocker

Gold Member

That's the nice thing about internet forums for people like us, we can say all kinds of shit with no consequences.:eyes

12. Stormin10

Stormin10 Member

LOL, i think im starting to see how some girls get themselves into sticky situations...!!!

13. Barbwire

Gold Member

Yeah, I think my problem is I still flirt like I'm single and then when a guy responds I all of a sudden remember I'm married. :lol