I need to vent...

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by LilKitten, Nov 23, 2006.

1. LilKitten

LilKitten New Member

Ok, I just needed a place to come and vent for a second. About 3 days ago, my boyfriend got himself this new computer game that he's been waiting for for quite some time and in addition to that, he got a Nintendo Wii. Now, I admit, I'm enjoying the Wii just as much as he is but what I'm venting about is my irritation that since these new games arrived, we have not had sex. 3 days is a long time for us to not have sex!! He plays his games, I play the Wii in between school work, and then we go to bed. I try to kiss him and bring his interest away from the game for even 30 minutes but to no avail! I need sex!! Ahhhhh!!

Ok..I think I'm done venting for now...:)

2. Bluesy

Gold Member

Oh yeah, I can relate to that :eyes My ex could spend hours playing games. I was sometimes tempted to "accidentally" break the thing :dgrin

3. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Sex > Video Games

And I love video games. I think you need to put on something sexy, stand in fron of him and say that if you don't get some very long hot lovin' you'll just get very friendly with your toys for a while and see how he likes it.

That should do the trick.

EDIT: He's playing Final Fantasy XII isn't he?

4. LilKitten

LilKitten New Member

I've tried the sexy lingerie and believe me, when he's in his video game zone, nothing will work. It's all right though - the drought ended last night!:brow

And no, it's not Final Fantasy XII, it's a computer game called Total War or something and Zelda on the Nintendo Wii. I'm beginning to be just as obsessed with the Wii game Trauma Center...not good because I have too much work to do for school!

5. loveit247

Gold Member

mmm, I have no interest in computer games, I much prefer real life, far more exciting thanks. If my BF was obsessed with computer games I would boot him!

6. gypsymantis

gypsymantis New Member

We are both obsessed with a little game called ROSE online. But since we are both obsessed with it, it doesn't seem to create issues.
    The thing that creates issues with us is his damn obsession with politics!

7. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Heh ... and people wonder why I'm a libertarian.

8. Jayce

Gold Member

I know I can get wrapped up in games sometime... but I can't see myself rejecting a beautiful girl who'd be standing next to me completely nude teasing me.

9. gypsymantis

gypsymantis New Member

LMFAO:lol

We happen to be extremely left.

10. heelfetish

Gold Member

Have you tried telling him how you feel? Communication is key. But if he's ignoring you in sexy lingerie, then 'Houston, we have a problem'.

11. Logger

Gold Member

Dear Lil Kitten,

Technical terms like Obsessive-Compulsive, and Addictive Personality come to mind. You may want to approach the situation as the challenge of changing a habit.

More than one attempt wil be needed to make progress. Failures and backslides will occur. Hopelessness will be a temptation.

Increasing Self-Discipline can be viewed as the challenge. Maybe setting aside some time together or just cuddling, at certain times of hte day, or days of the week.

Perahps a notice type of arrangement. "When I tell you I want some cuddling time, you can take up to 20 Minutes to finish whatever game you are in, and then you agree you will interrupt for me."

Maybe list out the thrings you do for him, and then have an agreement, that if 2 days go by, with no cuddling, the game gets put aside, or you stop doing X for him.

Guided imagry, of what he is feeling or seeing may be a path to self-control. Search NLP.

"We can't afford a shrink, so put that game down and start some cuddling time, so I don't have to go see a counselor."

12. mandango

mandango New Member

Love gaming; but I love sex even more. Don't worry the games will get old sooner or later.

13. eandvk

eandvk Member

Sex or game...sex or game...not even close..sex wins each and every time!!! :lol

14. LilKitten

LilKitten New Member

Missed seeing you around AK_Man! Hope all is well with you and thanks for the good wishes!

15. Bella

Gold Member

Yeah, I agree with Mandango - the games will get old sooner or later!!
    ~Bella

16. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Kitten,

How old is your guy? It seems like really young guys go ape over games. Probably it's something he needs right now, and he'll out grow it after a while.

17. LilKitten

LilKitten New Member

My boyfriend is 24, so he's definitely still in that video game playing age. I have nothing against him playing the games - I even spend time watching him play certain games because they are interesting and I play them sometimes as well. It's only when they affect other aspects of our lives that it starts to bother me. It's definitely not a coincidence that the lack of sex began when the new Nintendo Wii was launched. I agree with what others have said about the novelty of it eventually wearing off and things going back to they usually are. I'm not overly concerned - I had just needed a moment to vent. Thanks to those who responded!!