I met a girl...

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Icebat, May 1, 2013.

1. Icebat

Icebat Member

Hello everyone,

I recently met someone through a dating website. I was the one initiating contact at first.
    After that, we sorta started sending really long messages to each other. It felt like we had so much to talk about and we even spoke about more personal stuff. I really had the feeling it was going well and she said the same.

So at a certain point, I took the initiative and asked her on a date. She said yes. We went to have a drink and eat and it was a really nice evening. We talked a lot about all kinds of things. Ranging from what sports we love to play (I even jokingly said I'd learn her to swim since she isn't a good swimmer and she said she'd like that) to more serious stuff like work and relations.

We both agreed to see each other again, because we both enjoyed the evening. After I just left, she even sent a text message finishing it by saying that she was gonna sleep very well that night :)

Sunday evening, she sent me a text telling me about her weekend and asking me about mine. I replied and also asked if she'd want to do a one-day trip one of the coming weekends. She replied she'd love to and gave me a bunch of dates she was available.
    I made a few suggestions to what we could do and we opted to go hike in the woods. She liked my other ideas too but said we could still do those another time too.

Today, she sent me another text saying she'd be passing through the city I live in for her work and jokingly said she'd give me a wave from her car. We exchanged a few text messages with random funny and nice stuff and all.

I really like her to be honest. I feel like she's an interesting girl I want to spend more time with. I think I'm attracted to her big time. And the funny part is, she isn't even the hottest babe on the planet. She's pretty, but not miss World which doesn't even bother me. I just like her.

I don't know if it's mutual. I have the feeling she likes me too, but I'm not sure. I'm kinda inexperienced when it comes to this. Especially since with another girl I was seeing, I thought she gave me vague hints and nothing ever happened after all.
    This girl however... I dunno I have the feeling it's going rather well. And apparently, she likes the kinda men that are tall and have that a bit of that "rough diamond" behavior. You know, men that are manly but do have a softer side. Apparently, I kinda have that look...

So yeah... I have no idea where this is gonna go. We're going hiking the weekend after this one and I just hope it'll go well. I just wonder if she feels the same way about me as I do about her.
    What should I do now? Just continue to be myself and be around her like we were on our first date, or should I make a move quicker? Or will I "feel" by myself when I have to make a move?

Arghh I feel like I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

2. Texas_Red

Gold Member

I'd say if she's actively keeping contact and is engaged in hanging out and doing things, that there's at least some level of interest on her part. Just ride it out and see where it goes. Don't over-analyze or you'll ruin it.

3. redics_girl

redics_girl Active Member

stick with what you're doing, it sounds good so far. keep us updated.

4. AtkCCC

Gold Member

OP: I trully understand where you are coming from. I might be the worst person to give info cuz I've been told that I miss all the signals and read into the ones that are not there. Given the info you have presented, it really does sound like she is into you. Good Luck and always be yourself.

5. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Ditto all the above :)

6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Actually Icebat I believe that you are on a good thing and on re-reading it appears to me that the lady would actually like things to move a little quicker.
    She is putting out all the green signals, "come get me I'm waiting........"

7. 12barblues

Gold Member

Yeah, it sounds like all is going well....and it sounds to me like this is a woman you want a RELATIONSHIP with...not someone you just want to have sex with... Having said that, just keep doing what you're doing...which is being exactly who you are....let the relationship grow and the sex will happen when it happens....don't rush.

8. Icebat

Icebat Member

So I thought I'd give an update.
    We went hiking in the forest last Thursday. After some awkward and cliché move, I put my arm around her, she brushed up against me and asked for a kiss.

And that's what happened :) So you can say we're a couple. I invited her tover to my home town today and gave her a guided tour. We're really connecting pretty well. She grabs my hand and arm all the time and I love to hug her. She says it makes her feel safe.

The thing is... she feels different than my ex. With my ex I didn't feel 100% comfortable with the touching and cuddling. With the current girl, it's different. I want to cuddle and hug her and I want to spend time with her.

And the crazy part, is that she isn't even the hottest babe alive. But I just feel good with her.
    Some guy once said "don't date the most beautiful girl in the world, date the girl that makes your world beautiful"
    Can't agree more and this girl totally gives me that feeling.

However, I have this ridiculous fear that having a girlfriend means you lose your freedom. Is it normal to have this feeling in the beginning? Keep in mind I have little experience with women.
    I know it's stupid.
    I also am worried that, since I have almost no experience, I'll often have that feeling of "I have no idea what I'm doing" when you're supposed to be doing stuff you typically do with your partner (not just talking about sex here).
    What I'm saying, is that this is all still pretty new to me and I still have to get used and learn how it is to be in a couple. But she knows and says it makes me kinda cute. She says I have a badass look, but a soft and gentle side too :)

So... there you have it. Thank you all. Your tips certainly helped.

9. xeniadraven

Gold Member

Thats great news!!!!

I wouldnt worry too much about losing freedom. At the end of the day spend time with her when you want to, before you know it you may find that that's mainly what you want to do.

Dont over think it, just enjoy the time together.

Great news :)

10. OverSinged

Gold Member

Women aren't the only ones that get turned on by attitude and demeanor ;)

Seriously, friends put Easy A on last night, and I actually found the main character to be quite hot, even if her tits weren't quite the size I generally like'm.

11. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Iceboat no tips needed, you are doing great.
    What is your freedom now anyway, loneliness?
    You will adjust, it is just a new phase of your life; go with the flow :)