I just don't get it.

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Barbwire, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

Why on earth would you come to a sex forum and post pictures of your naked self with your face clearly visible?

Can someone please explain this to me?

2. allgirlschool

allgirlschool New Member

why not? a girl can have a great body for all i care, but without a cute face then its all for nothing

#2 allgirlschool, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  3. Beth_UK

Beth_UK New Member

Nope. That defies an explanation. I don't get it either.
    Beth

4. Barbwire

Gold Member

Because it's fucking stupid, that's why.

5. allgirlschool

allgirlschool New Member

did you read the rest of that post?

6. heelfetish

Gold Member

I suppose some people just aren't concerned about their photos being used maliciously.

7. Barbwire

Gold Member

To allgirlschool:

No, because you didn't add it until I replied. Now that I've read your edit, I still say, BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING STUPID.

I mean, don't people have a clue how badly posting your face with our naked body can come back to bite you in the ass? I swear that young people today are dumber than dog shit when it comes to this sort of thing.

8. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Yeah, but it makes for one hell of a picture! But I agree, it could come back to haunt.

9. pool_shark

pool_shark Active Member

Because they want to. Maybe they feel they have no reason to hide.

I'm sure there are things you do that others would consider stupid, that doesn't mean you have to agree or that you will stop doing it.

10. HardRocker

Gold Member

If you blow a great job opportunity because they don't want to hire an exhibitionist, it doesn't matter if you think they're wrong to consider it stupid or not. You still lost the job opportunity.

11. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

I think it has a lot to do with the younger generation either not knowing or not caring about the repercussions. There's a reason I don't use the same nick on all of the forums I visit, and have yet to post any personal pictures. I think I have one pic of my daughter and I on Facebook, but no party pictures. I don't even trust FB enough to use my real name there either.

12. HardRocker

Gold Member

They think we are stupid to be concerned about it. You remember how when you were 16 and looked back thinking how stupid you were at 14? The when you were 18 thinking about what a doofus you were at 16. Again at 27 wondering how you you could have been so clueless when you were 21... this will be one of those times. And you never quit doing that... at least until you kick the bucket.

13. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I agree that posting your face with your naked body is reckless, it will come back and bite them at some stage - either through lost jobs opportunities, stalking, Daddy find his little sweetheart on a sex site, or teenage kids finding mum or dad of a sex site. :eek I've always wondered at the nerve of people who do it - but it's not always the young ones.

It doesn't matter how beautiful your face is, it's crazy, crazy, crazy.

14. heelfetish

Gold Member

I always thought one of the themes of this site was not to judge others...

15. Barbwire

Gold Member

Just calling a spade a spade, Heely. If you don't agree, you are more than welcome to argue for the cause.

What is so wrong with discussing how short-sighted and foolish it is to post naked pictures of yourself on the internet?

16. heelfetish

Gold Member

I agree with you, I just don't see the need for calling those people foolish, reckless, stupid, etc. It's their choice, after all.

17. Barbwire

Gold Member

Sometimes people need to use strong words to give youngsters wake-up calls. I stand behind my statements and hope I'm getting the message across in terms that get peoples' attention.

Am I being judgemental? I sure as hell am, so shoot me for trying to knock some sense into kids that are doing things that can potentially ruin their chance at a good job, gaining respect from their friends and family and also might save them from being stalked by a pervert.

You say it is their choice, and that is correct, but don't you think informed and well thought out choices are the very best kinds, Heely?

18. HardRocker

Gold Member

Or at least not to thoughtlessly announce your judgments. In reality we have to make judgments about everything and everyone we encounter from the time our feet hit the floor in the morning.

I actually have posted my face here on a few occasions. Usually temporarily. There could be one somewhere I've forgotten about though. But if I was still in circulation jobwise or matewise, I hope I would refrain from posting my image on a sex site, if only because of the perception it might give others that could affect my future.

19. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I've also posted my face elsewhere under my alternative name but never in combination with nudity. To me that's just too risky for my liking.

20. Northside

Gold Member

I think it's all relative. A lot of us post some very intimate details of our sex lives. Could someone trace who you are and know all these things? I think so. Are the people who post their faces in nude pictures acting wisely? Maybe not in my opinion, but we all take chances whenever we post anything on the internet. If I really gave a fuck about what the average Joe thinks about me, I wouldn't post anything here!