I have question with shaving. Can anyone help.

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by ohHai123, Jun 15, 2012.

1. ohHai123

ohHai123 New Member

Many times i've tried to shave my entire bikini area with no luck. I almost always get a rash later. I've tried various no bump stuff. Is there a better way does any one suggest waxing the whole area? Or do most people prefer not shaved?

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

With shaving comes bumps and rashes, at least at first. IME, your skin gets used to it and isn't as sensitive after a while. It also helps me to shave every day so you don't get stubble to irritate your skin.

3. Matthew

Matthew New Member

I shaved for the first time yesturday since a month and a half of not shaving and didnt get any rash afterwords and I still dont. Normally I will get the itchy rash, but this time I used the same single blade cheap throwaway razor, and had a bar of Dove soap in the otber hand. Rubbed the sudds over my pubic region and everything went good and smooth. Feels like in 12 again!

4. pbs

pbs
    Gold Member

Try using Olay foaming facial for sensitive skin wash with aloe, and use a Gillette custom plus razor. Trim first to get the hair as short as possible, and then don't press too hard with the razor - light strokes. Get your mate to do the underside.

5. curiousny

curiousny New Member

When I shave after I like to use babypowder for a few days cuts down on the itch and keeps me from getting a rash.

6. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

Baby powder works on my balls. If I don't shave them I get a rash when I run. The baby powder helps that also.

7. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Starting out shaving only with the hair may help. Shaving against it can help irritate the follicles and cause rash.

8. Lover4You

Lover4You New Member

Start out shaving with the hair, not against it. Use a good shaving cream for sensitive skin. And absolutely do not dry shave. Make sure the area has been soaked for a few minutes even before you apply the shaving cream, then shave.
    alot of the bikini line you can use hair removal creams instead of wax if yur open to that but if you wanna go completely bald everywhere at least you'd have the bikini line taken care of wo all the irritation. You can even start using an electric shaver instead of a razor to get your skin used to getting shaved in that area, that's what I started out w.

9. Trond

Gold Member

Very good advice in general.

Just thought I should add that Trumper's skin food works wonders for me whenever I have any irritation after shaving. You can get it with a rose scent :)

10. curiousny

curiousny New Member

All this shaving talked got me thinking.... I needed a close shave , nothing feels better then smooth skin....Like I said before baby powder works for me till my skin gets use to shaving ever day.... and I stay fresh down there just in case :p

11. CurvedUp

CurvedUp Member

I have more trouble with my face that I do shaving the shaft, balls, up against the pubic hair, and around the butt hole and up the butt cheeks.

12. arugula

Gold Member

Also use a brand new razor every time. After one use, relegate it to pits and legs.

13. Insane451

Insane451 New Member

Well when I shave I use conditioner instead of a shaving cream or anything else and it works really well. The skin is nice and smooth and most times I don't get any iratation. My wife also uses conditioner when she shaves too and it works really well for her too. Also use a good new razor to cut down on tugging and pulling while you shave.

14. Barbwire

Gold Member

I've never heard of that and might try it. Thanks for the tip.

15. sabian

sabian New Member

That sounds like alot of work..lol everyday and all...lol.. Nothing wrong with a little hair..hahaha. or alot.haha. its all sexy!!!!!

16. tnmonkw

I know people are going to say ouch, but I pluck my with tweezers. You get used to it and it gives me a chance to keep everything inspected. LOL. It is also a good idea to keep the area exfoliated to prevent ingrown hairs. I quite enjoy the me time. I use a lighted magnification lamp to help me see and the hair gets easier and is less painful the more you do it.