I hate Valentine's Day.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AnonymousOne, Feb 11, 2007.

1. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Begin rant

I hate it, I hate it so much.

See here's the thing ... it's miserable being truly alone. Not many people really know what it feels like. You may think that you have some idea what it's like. But when the people around you that you care about seem to wither at the slightest touch or connection with you then you quickly learn to close yourself off and act nice and friendly, what you get is a place where you can have a series of nice aquaintances and friendships, but it never goes farther than that.

Maybe it's me. Maybe I'm just not meant to love. I honestly just don't know any more. Strangely though, I'm not upset about going on alone. Maybe it's the dirty, rotten capitalist in me, I'll get what I want. I think I'm a little disillusioned with love. For all of my elders on here, I'm glad you all found someone. I'm just having trouble with the idea that I'll never find someone to be with. Perhaps I'm just in the last stages of destroying the last bits of capacity for love that I have.

So fuck Valentine's Day. I'll spend it going to class and then getting drunk. I'm no paragon of vice or virtue, I'm just hateful and bitter and lonely and tired of fighting for something that I never seem to get any closer to.

End Rant

2. pirouette

Gold Member

Sorry to hear you're not happy about the upcoming holiday. You're younger than I was when I found my man. There's a lot of time and plenty of women out there. It's just hard to be that patient. I know, hun.
    Can we have a few together on msn on Wednesday?

3. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

I'll try and put some time aside.

4. pirouette

Gold Member

Name the time.....I'll be there babe, ;)

5. Dreama

Gold Member

You are still very young, just as I am, so you should be patient. But, although I am not alone now, I've been very alone before, even if it was in a different way.

You see, about two years ago, my best friend, who was 17 and married, was shot by her deranged husband, who held her body and shot himself about two hours later. I never ever thought I'd get over that, especially when, less than a year later, her brother was found dead, presumably from suicide.I felt as though nobody had ever felt that much pain in one year...But, it happens all the time, and I'm not the only one, just as you aren't now. I still haven't gotten over it, but the incident has made me a lot stronger than I was. Take this as a lesson, and let it help you become stronger. I promise that you will find solace, and you will find someone. Losing hope, will only make all of your fears regarding this come true, so I suggest that you try to do everything you can to enjoy life in spite of 'not having anyone'.

6. Jayce

Gold Member

Not that I didn't understand before, but this year in particular I definitely know what you're talking about. As some of you may know, I was in a relationship for nearly 5 years. This will be my first Valentine's Day with nobody special to spend it with since I was 14 years old. It's really amazing how much simple commercials are getting to me. Everytime I feel myself getting upset it results in me going for a long walk in the cold with a big ole cigar to make myself feel better. But in return, all I've gotten from that is an incredibly sore throat. But at the same degree, it is different being single for me. Not that I fully enjoy it, but with it being a different thing it's not as bad... I mean, it could be worse, right?

But, ahh... just gotta keep your head high. It's hard and sometimes seems impossible. I find that I have to remind myself of the good things in life in order to keep myself sane, such as, I'm healthy, have great family and friends, and I'm in the perfect school for me. So the hell with the ex and her new boyfriend, I'll have a terrific job in a year's time and who knows who I'll meet? Hell, maybe tomorrow some chick will run a stop sign and I'll clip her car, and end up taking her out to dinner? The future is unpredictable, and that is one thing that luckily helps me out. You always gotta have dreams for the future. The second you don't have any dreams.. you've got nothing.

7. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Patience is a virtue I posses practically none of.

And Pirouette, I'll PM you.

8. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Patience is a virtue , vitue is a grace, grace is a little girl with a dirty face :p

But AnonymousOne I have been alone for around 6 years now, i do get t obe with a female friend of mine, but she and i know its not for a relationship, you could say the both of us are sexbuddies for each other.

But i do feel and understand where your comming from, to be alone is the worst feeling, because as humans we are socialbe beings, we need love comfort and affection.

I like you would love to find a female that i could be with on a perminent basis, someone to cuddle up with at night, someone who will be there for me as i would be for them, someone to take my fears away and to make me feel whole again once more...

So i hope we can both find that specail someone , and maybe then Feb14 with be an extra speacila day, an all the rest of the year as well.

To love someone is devine, to be loved by someone is heavenly.
    For both to love each other is beyond bliss.

9. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Oh, A1.... You are so young in your search for love and a soul mate. Damn, when i was your age, I was so very sure that love had sent me a nasty "fuck you" note!

Please, PLEASE take heart. I know I am one that you consider me 'your elder' - - but, damnit! - I once once a youngun', like you. And I hated what life was dishing me! But somehow, it worked out.

10. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Um, uh, well, if it would make you feel any better, I would at least send you some roses and a Valentine! Um, uh, wanna share a Snickers? ;>

Attached Files:

11. Elvis

Elvis Member

Ouch, 20, wanna swap! LOL

Take heart that you're not alone and remember you aren't the first lonely 20 year old that ever was!!!!

Things move so fast at that age, you never know what's around the next corner, so go with the flow and don't try to force the issue, it'll happen soon enough and one day you might even miss those single days, so make the most of it, it's precious time.

12. Dreama

Gold Member

I think everyone, at one point or another has been 'alone'...I'd be willing to bet that most of us were'nt really as alone as we thought. I'm also willing to bet that this is the case with you, A1. If nothing else, we here at SF love you, and that is something, isn't it?

13. Shy Girl

Shy Girl New Member

Being alone on V Day sucks hard, I remember those days well. I was just as bitter as you. Fuck today, fuck everyone, fuck off and die all you people with someone to share today with!

But 20 is still plenty young enough to find someone. I started dating my now husband on V Day of 2000, I had no intentions of being with him before that, so you never know what will happen!

14. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

My friends and I always refer to it as Single's Awareness Day...even those of us in long term relationships. When we weren't we would always make a point of getting as many single friends together as we could and going bowling. Its just another day...kick it in the balls

15. Bella

Gold Member

A1, come talk to me! :)
    I'll be your long distance Valentine! :)
    (trying to get a little smile...)
    "Remember all good things come to those who wait!"
    Hugz,
    ~Bella

16. doberman

doberman New Member

totally agree, fuck valentines, i think i'll go out and get wasted.. i dont get any closer to the one i want, others may spark my interesst, but in the end, it was a lousy mistake to bother to begin with...

even worse, i am much older than you guys..

i am very sure love did sent me that "fuck you-note", and i was just to lazy to open and read it..

i am quite happy for everyone else that has found someone, no jealousy or bitterness about, just a longing feeling to reach the same one day.. but i'll possibly wont!

17. The Mistress

The Mistress New Member

Good Gawd I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates this holiday. [​IMG]

I decided a long time ago that alone is the way to go. I'm comfortable w/my own company. But I am a very independent type personality, and I hate to feel dependent in any way on a man. When I am done playing in your sand box....I'm collecting my toys and going home. :eek:utahere

Anyway, if you are single....everyday can be a holiday. :p
    On that note...I give you the world's shortest fairy tale.

Once upon a time, a girl asked a guy "Will you marry me?"
    The guy said, "No" and the girl lived happily ever after and went
    shopping, dancing, drank martinis, always had a clean house, never had
    to cook, stayed skinny and farted whenever she wanted.

The End.

18. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

He makes a really good point, A1.

Before you know it you could be commited, ball n chained, and trying to figure out what on earth to do for your woman for Valentines Day so you don't end up equally as sex deprived as you were as a single man. :lol

19. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I too used to have very negative associations with Valentine's Day.

*cue sad violin music*

When I was a kid we used to have to give those cheap Valentine's cards to everyone in our class, even to the ones we didn't really like. Then when I got older and entered junior high school and then high school, all the pretty/popular girls always got big heart-shaped boxes of candy on V-Day and I, being awkward and nerdy, never got anything apart from one time. There was a boy in my class, Mark Coulter, who one year gave me a heart-shaped box of peanut M&M candies. I remember all the details because that was the only time it ever happened. I had no idea Mark even liked me a little bit. Afterward he went back to never ever talking to me.

When I got older Valentine's Day was a day just like any other, except maybe I'd get a card from my current boyfriend. When my relationship with my ex began to go sour, I really began to hate the day. He liked to think for the both of us and decided that Valentine's Day was stupid and therefore we wouldn't be doing anything special on the day. The worst Valentine's Day ever was one year when I was working full time and my ex wasn't working at all, so to pass the time he started to look for other women to meet on the internet. He met a girl who lived nearby and starting hanging out with her, taking her out to dinner, loaning her money if she needed it (he's a schmuck) and on Valentine's Day he took her out on a date (dinner and a movie). When I found out I was livid, and he said he'd forgotten it was Valentine's Day. Otherwise, he'd never dream of taking out another women while I was at work. :eyes

Anyway, now that I'm in a loving relationship with a loving partner, Valentine's Day has taken on a whole new meaning. That day will come for you too, A1. I'm sure of it.

20. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

I cancelled Valentine's Day for me and my sweetie this year... I'm sure he'll still get something, a card at least, for me... he does that even when its not valentine's day. But we were in a car wreck last weekend and he is buying a new car because his truck was totalled...so i told him that instead of flowers for me he could buy himself all season floor mats...they run about the same price