I got my bellybutton pierced.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LA_20, Dec 9, 2007.

1. LA_20

LA_20 New Member

.. and it hurt quite a bit. Now it's more of a hot sensation (like a sunburn) but I've been icing it on and off. Anyone else have theirs done? Any advice on how to help it heal quickly?
    The SO is so turned on by the new addition it'll be hard to keep him away from it while it heals. :eyes he's such a typical boy, if it's shiny then he wants to play with it.

2. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

The best way to heal anything is to put vitamine E on it.
    Pics please.

Hiker

3. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I have mine pierced. the thing about a naval peircing is that, unlike an ear-peircing, if left un-plugged, it will close up, regardless of how long you've had it.

Normally, you should have recieved solution with which to bath the area. Do it religiously. 'Ointments' of any sort are not the best option. You want to keep it dry, not oily.

Don't rush out and purchase the adorable dangly stuff for at least 6 months. My neice had hers done, thought it was healed enough, and put a dangly in. She had to let it heal completely, wait a while, then get it re-pierced.

Oh - if your SO is inclined to 'pull out' & shoot on your belly - make sure you cover your piercing with your hand. :lol

4. heelfetish

Gold Member

Rose is right. Naval piercings are probably one of the most difficult to heal from what I've learned. It's going to be a relatively long and uncomfortable recovery. Stay away from OTC ointments and creams. If in doubt, the piercing shop should have the proper solution and will either give you or sell you some.

I can't wait to see it once it's healed!

5. Dreama

Gold Member

I used seasalt soaks on my nose when I got it pierced. Pics, please!!

6. ~emm~

~emm~ New Member

buy rock salts and dissolve it in hot water then apply it with a cotton wool ball. then add teatree oil