I did it....

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by ranger12, Sep 22, 2011.

1. ranger12

ranger12 New Member

I did it..had my vasectomy today. We have 2 boys that are FULL of energy and we are done having kids. We hope that when my wife gets off the pill she will have less up and downs I guess, and I feel it is not good to be on something synthetic for what has been 15 years.
    I am very sore and my only concern is that right after the procedure, the Dr said we had to wait a week to have sex....WHAT!!! I thought maybe 3 day, a week is gonna be a LONG time. My SO did watch as they did it and she said it hurt to even watch,,,haha...

2. dukefan

dukefan New Member

Don't rush to have sex, and they lied about being over it in a weekend. I was sore for about two weeks, but it was well worth it. Birth control is horrible for women and the peace of mind is amazing

3. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Ranger beware you will remain fertile for a number of months post vasectomy.
    I know this well as it is my job to check semen specimens on guys who have had such a procedure.
    One guy we test regularly still has a few sperms after 6 months!
    You need to have at least 26 emissions to clear the remaining vas deferens of maturing spermatozoa.
    Ignore this warning and prepare for another boisterous child.
    BTW I have also had this procedure some 20 years ago and no regrets :)

4. Kulprit88

Kulprit88 Member

Congrats!

5. Mittimer

Gold Member

My brother actually just had his about two months ago. It actually took 2 weeks before he could have sex again with his wife and even longer before the soreness truly went away.

6. cbrmale

Gold Member

I had my vasectomy done under a general anaesthetic rather than a local, and this was because they do the procedure differently and there are less after effects. From what I remember the soreness was gone after two or three days and I was having sex by then, but it does take a number of ejaculations and two tests before all is clear. The specimens must be taken directly to the pathology laboratory within an hour, as it is much more reliable to analyse a fresh semen specimen.

7. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

I had a vasectomy, so I know, NOOOOO sex!
    My friend had it too, he would tell you the same.
    It did hurt to have it done, had an infection, couldn't dtand the ice for very long. First time I ejaculated after, so much cum as if there was a build up, it scared me LOL, never had this much and thought it would cause more problems.

8. Essene

Gold Member

Kudos. I suggest taking up knitting. That is what I plan to to do come V-Day.

9. kiwimale

kiwimale New Member

I had mine done about 2 months ago. The worst part was about a week later i had rather large balls, as the testes take a few days to begin reabsorbing the semen. I am really looking forward to my wife coming off birth control it has caused a few issues.

10. almostthere

Gold Member

Had mine last year. Felt like someone kicked me in the nuts for about a week. Was worth it. I don't recall the 26 day wait. Thought it was more like 14

11. ranger12

ranger12 New Member

Thanks for all the advice. Dr. said to definitly use birth control for 2 months and I have bring in a specimen a month from now and then one month after that, then he will let us know how to proceed.
    I have to say the only issue I have had so far, was yesterday evening I felt sore in my abdomen and the incisions are kinda burning like a little paper cut or something. I have no bruising as of yet, and the swelling seems to have gone away.
    Also, you know you always want something more when you aren't supposed to have it....like sex right now...LOL

12. ranger12

ranger12 New Member

Ok guys, I had the procedure on Thursday, it is now Monday evening. I am thinking of calling the Dr. because I have a reasonable amount of swelling in my left testicle and it is VERY sore. It is very sore to walk and to get up from sitting because my scrotum actually rests on the chair.(If you get that). It also feels as thought there is something there instead of just my testicle, nothing hard or anything just weird I guess.

So am I being a baby or should I call??

Ps I probably did not take it as "easy" as I could have. Went to a concert last night, standing all night,

13. igor

Gold Member

I sure would call.

14. backcheck64

Gold Member

My wife got fixed...not me. She was open for her second C section so a tubal was covered by insurance. Later she had the Novasure proceedure so no periods either.

15. acemike

acemike Member

I had one several years ago and I rarely shoot anymore, I have joined the ranks of a dribbler....

16. notnub

notnub New Member

I had mine 15+ years ago on a Friday. Went to a party Friday night with no pain. Must have been the Advil I took. Saturday morning my wife decided that I needed a little bit of oral pleasure and she was very gentle. Very nice way to wake up on Saturday.