I could use everyones advice on this.

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by DAVID07, May 30, 2007.

1. DAVID07

DAVID07 New Member

Ok i was a virgin up untill today.The girl i've been seeing for the past 9 months and i agree it was time to go forward with this.Well she was on her period which i have read no big deal guys have done it.Well stupid me did not use a condom so now i'm worried.She is safe she told me and is on the pill.I'm just nervous cause i think hiv comes from blood contact .

2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

HIV comes from blood and fluid contact, yes. With that information, I remind you that you should engage in unprotected sex only with someone you absolutely trust, and (ideally) to whom you are very committed. Is she likely to become pregnant? It seems the answer to that is no, because she is on her menstrual cycle and she is on the pill. I have sex while on my period frequently..... so I agree there is no judgement needed there. You've been seeing her for nearly a year. Do you trust her? Is she exclusive? Is she disease free?

You aren't likely to protect a relationship by going back and asking her disease status now.... so what will you do? Will you remember your first time as the moment you realized that protection is important? Will you remember it as a passionate moment shared with someone you trust?

3. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

Damn Mal you have a wonderful/very wise way of putting things. You give some good advice. Usually I don't need a whole lot of advice about sex because I always do a lot of research about it first but you are very wise IMO

4. FormerFreak

FormerFreak New Member

Evolution Enaction

My friend, if you're 23, and you're not 100% on whether HIV comes from blood contact or not, you might be...how should I put this? Heck, I don't know how to put it civilly! I mean, are you in sub-saharan Africa or the backstreets of Bangladesh? If so, how did you get access to a PC? The net? This website? Because you simply can't, simply CAN'T, be from the U.S. or Canada or any of the developed nations and be 23, and NOT know how HIV is transmitted. I refuse to believe that public education did this to you; do they instruct students about STD transmission in private schools, or is that mum as per Papal decree?

Enough of my punishment--you should be coddled. Well, I gotta tell you, you guys did pick a more fortuitous time than others to have unprotected sex, but unless you're planning on a 50+ year future together, you should really be having protected sex. HIV is but 1 of dozens of STD's out there, and it's not even evident at first. Worry about herpes, syphilis, and gonorrhea--you'll have weeping sores all over your body if you don't steer clear of those bad boys! Doesn't even take as much exposure to get these STD's as it does to contract HIV.

Be careful, bud--for your sake AND hers. She (or you) may have been born with a congenital transmissible malady that mumsy and daddy-kins didn't see fit to divulge (hypothetically possible, though improbable, true). Then where would you be? I'll tell you where: up a creek, that's where! Though unlikely, it's always possible, and at your age (and my own), it's better safe rather than sorry.

To safe sex, House, and strawberry jelly!