I am woman hear me roar!

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by loveit247, May 10, 2007.

1. loveit247

Gold Member

Just to let all my SF mates know that I am feeling strong and on top of the world today!
    I am really enjoying the single life! Had the ex round last night to pick up his things and I asked him to stay for dinner because the poor thing has not eaten a proper meal in a week.

Anyway, we had a good talk, a bit of a fight and then a great old laugh! We really are just friends now. It felt good to kiss him on his cheek and say goodbye.

I am going on a date this friday with a biokinetist! He is taking me for some sushi. So it feels good to be out there again, playing the field and enjoying my life. I must say, I didn't realize how much I was being run down in the relationship until last night. I don't even think he knew he was doing it.

His sister in laws Grandmother fell, me working in orthopaedics offered to help. I worked my rear off getting quotes and discounting costs only for them to go to another hospital. Which is fine, I didn't mind. But yesterday I sent her a text asking how her grandma was getting on. She never replied and then called my ex last night to find out why I was texting her.

He then told me that I need to develop some social skills and it was inappropriate to text her after we broke up. I told him that his family was rude and I am very happy to be away from the clan of village idiots! Really! Asking someone how their sick grandmother is is inappropriate! Sheesh!

Anyway, now that I am back from my tanget! I am happy, strong and feeling better and more energised than I have in a whole year.

Thanks to everyone here for all the support, you guys are great!
    I will sit here and look forward to my date tomorrow night!

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Showing concern for the well-being of an injured person is not in the least bit rude or inappropriate, especially since you work in the medical field. Your ex is the one who needs to develop some social skills.

Good on ya, girl! You've got your whole life ahead of you. :tup

3. loveit247

Gold Member

Thanks Puss, I really don't know what I would do if I ended up marrying into the chimp clan! Oh, sorry, that is insulting to chimps! LOL! I know I am being nasty now and I really have no ill feelings towards my ex. It is just that his family is so damn judgemental! They really think of him as this precious blue eyed boy but he is the one who cheated, does drugs and generally acts like an ass!

Oh well, it is not for me to inform them of that either!

4. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I hear you. My ex's family was the same way. In their eyes he could do no wrong. His mother was blind to his faults even when they were staring her right in the face. The incident that was the last straw was when we were working as TEFLs in Japan and went back to the US for the holidays. We spent a couple of days visiting his family in Oregon and then I was planning on flying down to Los Angeles to spend a week with my family. On the morning I was due to leave for LA, I woke up and he wasn't there. It turns out he had secretly arranged to fly in his Japanese fling so she could be there while I was in LA. He'd gotten up at five in the morning and drove to the airport to pick her up. They got back from the airport just as I was leaving and the look on her face was one of, "oh shit." At that point I didn't give a shit anymore. I expected no less from him. But it disturbed me that when he showed up with this other girl, his mother didn't find it the least bit odd and even offered to let her stay at the house.

Anyway, everyone in his family thinks I'm the queen bitch of the world for leaving him, but they are all psychos.

5. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Ahhhh -the things memories are made of :eyes And it is true - you don't just 'marry' the guy.... you marry his whole family! :whoa
    I suppose we all have stories like that.

LoveIt, I'm so glad that you are free again. Take your time, and enjoy yourself! Do some things just for you, and don't experience one ounce (or should I say 'gram') of guilt! Good luck!! :tup

6. loveit247

Gold Member

He he, good on you for knowing SA's metric system!
    I am not feeling guilty at all, after all, he isn't. He refused to say sorry for all he put me through last night. Instead of getting angry I just told him that was his cross the bear. I have after all said sorry for my part and moved on. If he can't then tough for him!

I really am not interested in being in another relationship right now, all I want is to get to know me. I can play house later. I am moving jobs, I am going into HR and building a career for myself. I will be sucessful and content before I am ready for anything else.

But that being said, sushi with an attractive man never killed anyone (unless the sushi is seriously old!)

7. Martin_Baker

Martin_Baker New Member

Sadly there are people who make other people feel like this and they have no appreciation for time, effort or beauty. It is unfortunate for them as they probably never wake up and just keep doing things the way they always have.

Congratulations on getting out. Now you can have you time and do what you enjoy. Have fun on the date.

8. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Keep strong girl....

You are well rid of him
    and his "small minded"
    family...

Oh....and DO report back
    after the date!
    :)
    xxx

9. loveit247

Gold Member

Well, nerves abound. I got an email from the date. Beluga! Arrrgh! One of the top 5 resturants in South Africa! Really dressy and f*&^ing expensive! Now I have to go and get something to wear! All I can say is thank my lucky stars for my flat mate! He is taking me shopping tonight and will kit me out properly!

I have to go classy and something pretty and sexy at the same time. I am not sure whether I should do a dress or pants or what! HELP ladies!

10. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I'd advise a little black cocktail dress, which is something every woman should have in her closet anyway. It's something that's appropriate for so many occasions.

11. loveit247

Gold Member

Yeah! The problem is it is winter in Cape Town! I have 3 LBD's! I have a weakness for them.

I also have a very impressive bruise on my shin! (I slipped in the work bathrooms he he). SO it will have to be something to cover that up! I am shitting bricks!

12. Barbwire

Gold Member

Hey, it's nice to hear you so upbeat after you were so low for a while there. Have fun on your date, sweetie.:)

13. loveit247

Gold Member

Thanks CL! ; )

14. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Loveit , your doing great, and thats so good to hear ....i hope th sushi date goes swimmingly well for you hun. :)

and it was good of you to take the ex in give him a good feed , and kiss his cheek as he left , and being single at times is a wonderful feeling...as it gives you the freedom to chose what you wish to do and just for yourself . :)

Best wishes for you and everything you do in the future . :)

15. loveit247

Gold Member

Thanks Kronnie! XX

16. heelfetish

Gold Member

Wow, I'm so happy to be reading this. You seem so, up! It's nice to read some cheery posts from you, Loveit. *hugs* No go out there and have some fun, sweetie!

17. loveit247

Gold Member

So, no outfit advice?

18. heelfetish

Gold Member

OK, a black cocktail dress and black stocking/pantyhose to cover the bruise. :)

19. loveit247

Gold Member

mmm, black stockings are considered very tacky in South Africa. We are very Eurocentric.
    I was thinking crop black pants with my high heeled peep toe pumps and a victorian lace white shirt with a wide black waist belt. Hair up, black and white costume pearl necklace and white pearl earings.

Now to head to the shops and buy all of that minus the shoes and jewlery. LOL! Is a shirt and pants combo ok for a first date?

20. heelfetish

Gold Member

I didn't realize you weren't in North America. Sorry about that! :) but your suggestion sounds great. And yes, for sure pants/shirt are fine for a first date. :) I think you'll look amazing.