I am such a looser.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GentleManSteve, Feb 2, 2007.

1. GentleManSteve

GentleManSteve New Member

I am such a looser.
    I do not drink
    I do not do any drugs
    I do not smoke
    I do not like being around drinking or being around people who is drunk.
    I do not like sleeping with women I do not have some kind of connection with.

Does that make me a looser or what? I get different stuff from my family.
    My nephew says I am a looser.
    but my brothers say I am fine.
    I have not drank in over 20 years. When I tell some people that they assume I was an alcoholic or something but I have not ever been an alcoholic nor will I ever be one. I just do not like drinking. I have never liked drinking. I only drank to fit in with the rest of the people but I have never liked it one bit. I am such a boob.

2. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

No, you are NOT a "loser"! As long as it does not adversely impact someone else, people have to make their own choices. We have to make our own choices and be our own people. Some people use alcohol and/or various drugs. I do not. Some people smoke. I do not. Some people sleep around. I do not. I have my reasons for doing what I do. If someone choses to do differently than I do, that has to be up to them (and in the case of drugs or if they drive drunk, it might end up being between them and their local law enforcement too, ha, ha). Some people sleep with persons with whom they do not have a connection and that has to be between them and their sex partner. If I was not married now, I would have to have some sort of emotional connection to like the person with whom I would be sleeping (not to mention having some sort of assurance that they do not have a disease of any kind, ha, ha). During my early 20s, I tried some things but, like Ringo Starr once sang, "...I said NO, NO, NO, NO I can't do that no more! I'm tired of waking up on the floor! No thank you, please, it only makes me sneeze and then it makes it hard to find the door!" I agree with your brothers, you're FINE and a number of people at SF, like me, enjoy your posts also! Just be yourself! You're a good dude!

3. doberman

doberman New Member

well, i did and do all of the above.. does that make me a winner? i'd been unhappy for most of my life, due to various reasons, not all brought on to me by myself..

let me ask you a question: are you happy? are you satisfied with how your life went? if you answer "yes" twice, ask again who is the looser..

4. CrazySexGirl

CrazySexGirl New Member

if you are happy with your life then who the fuck cares what others think ?
    I personally don't give a damn and do what I want.
    Most people i barely know think I'm a slut for my primiscous lifestyle I lead and the guys I sleep with. well at least i can say i am having fun and not sitting home unhappy with a fat smelly hubby and 5 kids all out of shape.
    be happy with that you have and Love yourself first! :D

5. doberman

doberman New Member

sounds like some damn' good advice there..

6. GentleManSteve

GentleManSteve New Member

Thanks everybody for helping me with that. I am neither fat or ugly. I do not think most people say I am sexier now than when I was in my 20s.