I am FUCKING livid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Barbwire, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

I went to Sherwin Williams just now, got a gallon of paint in one of those containers with the screw on lid and had the guy mix me a custom color.

I put it on the seat of my NEW truck, and when I got home, it had leaked!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so pissed, I'm shaking. I called the store and am waiting for a call back to see if they are going to pay to have the seat cleaned.

I feel like my head is going to explode! :yell

2. bucky

bucky New Member

Damn sweetie, this is not your week.:( Hope they take care of the paint, the sooner the better.
    Hope the rest of your week goes better.

3. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

They'd better pay to have it cleaned or I'll come there and kick them in the head for you. Also sounds like you need one of these.

[​IMG]

4. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

That is a shame.
    But I must question why someone would put paint on the seat of a new truck?

5. Barbwire

Gold Member

Yeah, I admit, not a smart thing to do, Johnny, but one would assume a brand new can of paint would not leak.

I finally got a call from Sherwin Williams. They want me to bring the can back to them to check for defects. So, I am going to have to spend about $20 in gas just to show them the can.

I'll keep you posted on the outcome, but I have a feeling they are going to try to weasel out of this. :(

6. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

Sorry...

...but this is why pick ups have beds. Paint, gas, oil, kids, anything potentially messy/sticky goes in the BACK.

You know better. Sorry I'm not being more sympathetic, but you did know better.

:D

7. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

Nice...

...word; assume.

Hmm... ass u me

8. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

Does the color match the interior??:dgrin

9. Barbwire

Gold Member

Laugh all you want, but hubby is due home in an hour or so and he's going to kill me when he sees the truck.

It's been nice knowing ya.

10. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

Not a good kind of as reaming tonight.

11. Dreama

Gold Member

I hope those Sherwin Williams people pay for it. Just raise hell, and maybe they'll do whatever you want. It works for my dad..

12. Barbwire

Gold Member

Well, it looks like I will live to see another day. Hubby called from work and I told him what happened. (yeah, I took the cowards way out.) Much to my surprise, he didn't freak out like I thought he would.

Guess who's going to get the blowjob of a lifetime when he gets home tonight? :dgrin

13. heelfetish

Gold Member

CL, I'd be pissed too. Sure, it wasn't the smartest thing to do. But spilled paint in the bed of a new truck isn't any better, IMO. I don't understand why people assume that just because it's a truck bed that you can just abuse the hell out of it. I've had store employees literally THROW items into the bed of my truck. *shakes head*

IMO the bed of the truck is just as important to keep free of dents & scratches (and spilled paint!) as the rest of the truck. And even a bed liner won't protect against spilled paint.

Glad to hear that hubby doesn't blame you for what happened. It was an honest mistake (on your part), and in reality, the store should come clean for the leaking can. Even if it's not 'defective', the store employees would have been the one to put the lid on after mixing, right?

BTW, I used to work at a hardware store and sold my fair share of paint. ;)

14. HardRocker

Gold Member

Mine's not as bad but...

Once I had a gallon of laundry detergent open up and all drain into the cargo hold of my hatchback. I could see that an X had been cut into the top, presumably with a box cutter when the stock twit opened the case. It was all in the carpet and under the spare tire and into my tool carrier.

No, it wasn't paint, but it was a royal mess. Of course the manager of the store said, "Duh, looks defective." They gave me a towel. I had to remove the carpeted parts and soak them with water until suds quit flowing... they never did; then sun-dry it all and re-install. I could probably wet it today and scrub up a lather.

Paint would have definitely called for more extreme action on my part.
    I buy gallons of bleach to chlorinate the pool and keep a box in the back to stow it for that very reason.

15. loveit247

Gold Member

Blergh! I am sorry, but I have sympathy for you. Sure, it was silly to put it in there but we ALL make mistakes like that and saying "you should not have done that" does not soften the blow.

I am glad hubby was so nice about it.

16. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

Do you want to borrow my truck?:dgrin

17. Barbwire

Gold Member

Johnny, I thought your truck caught fire and burned to the ground. ;)

I went to the paint store today, talked to the district manager. He went out and tried to get the paint off, could not, then told me to take it to an auto detailer and said it should cost about $50. I said, "So, do I have them do it and give you the receipt so I'm reimbursed?" He said, "After you have it looked at, call us to bring us up to speed." I said, "Are you paying for it?" He said, "Well, we don't really know how it happened."

He never once admited the spill was due to employee error or that they would pay to have it cleaned.

I took it to a detailer, and was told they could get it out but it's going to cost $100.

I called Sherwin Williams and the manager said he'd have to talk to his boss and get back to me.

Noone ever looked at the can I brought in to be checked for defects, btw.

Gotta love a good old-fashioned run around. :yell

#17 Barbwire, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  18. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Whew! $100 isn't bad at all. I was afraid the paint was going to be there to stay. Are your seats leather or cloth? (Just curious.)

I'm wanting to replace my F250 with a dually, and since new ones are in the $55,000 range I'm looking at used ones. Saw a nice one a couple weeks ago that was the right price, but the cloth seats were badly soiled. The owner says, "No problem, they'll clean up fine with upholstery cleaner." HOWEVER, I'd talked to his wife the day before and she said she was in the process of shampooing the seats again because they hadn't quite come clean the first time she shampooed them. It was a deal killer.

If I was that paint store owner I'd fork over $100 faster than you could blink, and add $50 for your trouble.

I completely understand wanting to keep your truck looking like new. Way back, 22 years ago, I bought a new Jeep Grand Wagoneer with all the bells and whistles for $34,000. In 1986 that would get you a nice Caddy, but when I bitched because the dealer's mechanic put a scratch in the door before it was a month old, his response was, "It's a Jeep. You'll have lots more scratches in it before long." That was NOT what I wanted to hear, and it's cost them many sales to me since then.

19. Barbwire

Gold Member

The seats are cloth, Joe.

What pisses me off even more than the way I'm being treated by Sherwin Williams is the fact that I have to use up valuable gas to go back and forth. IF they pay for the seat cleaning, you can be damned sure they won't pay for my gas.

We've done a lot of business with that store and it's really going to burn my biscuits if they fuck this up. It's bad enough they charge $40 for a gallon of paint, but to dick around like this.... it's really too much.

20. heelfetish

Gold Member

I think that guy'd be getting a punch in the face from me for saying that. OK, maybe not (I'm all talk), but I'd be fuming for decades. I'm still fuming over a parking lot ding I got in a new car that I don't even own anymore. :yell