Hysterectomy Question

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by BigDPhilly, May 20, 2007.

1. BigDPhilly

BigDPhilly New Member

Do any of you women on this forum have hysterectomies? If so, how has your life been post-surgery? Any problems with sex drive or health?

2. ~emm~

~emm~ New Member

havnt got it , and i have no idea what it is

3. ~emm~

~emm~ New Member

just googled it. i know a friend whos had this done. she had bladder problems for 1-2 months but was fine after that

4. cbrmale

Gold Member

Hysterectomies can be fine, or they can be a disaster, it is about a 50-50 chance. Removing the uterus can cause all sorts of problem for a woman including painful intercourse or vaginal prolapse. My wife was scheduled for a hysterectomy until I came across some disaster stories on another forum. We immediately did some research, and she had an alternative procedure.

Most hysterctomies are undertaken when women have uterine fibroids. However, there are two alternative but more complex procedures that cure fibriods. The simplest is uterine fibriod embolisation, where the blood flow to the fibriods is cut and they shrink to almost nothing. My wife had a myomectomy, where the fibriods are removed but everything is left intact.

The myomectomy was wonderful, she was quite sore for a few days but the after-effects were nothing. Indeed she was feeling so good we had slow and gentle sex about a week after she came home from hospital. Almost three years later and still the same good story.

So if the problem is fibriods do not take the risk of hysterectomy and look for surgeons who will perform either of these alternative procedures instead. It is certainly worth it.

5. igor

Gold Member

My wife had one over 20 years ago. No problems except she no longer produces much natural lubrication for sex. No big deal - we just used Astroglide.

6. HouseHunny

HouseHunny New Member

My mom had one done almost twelve years ago due to cancer. She told me that it cause a GREAT impact in her sex drive as she no longer had one. She could go without and be totally happy. She also has to take hormone pills...(don't know if she still is or not..I would assume that is still the case). From what I have seen my mom go through, it has the potential to have a MAJOR impact on a female.

7. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

My late wife had a partial hysterectomy -- kept her ovaries -- and had a very healthy sex drive afterwards. I didn't meet her until after she'd had it, but we enjoyed sex nearly every day throughout our relationship, sometimes several times a day. She had a very high libido.

8. BigDPhilly

BigDPhilly New Member

Wow. I am just checking this after a week. Thanks for all of your responses. She is keeping her ovaries but there is also a cyst and the problem with the fibroid embolization is that the damned things can come back at any time and that does not deal with the cyst. From what I understand, the ovaries determine the hormonal levels affecting sex drive and she is keeping both of them.