Hypersexuality

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by AGFUNK, May 21, 2015.

1. AGFUNK

Gold Member

2. loveprof

loveprof Member

First of all, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post. Second, I think we can I agree I don't have a problem with hypersexuality...lol. (I wish!!) Seriously, though, this is a very critical personality disorder with many possible underlying issues, and I appreciate you posting it in this forum.

One think mentioned in the intro which is very true is the lack of frank, sexual discussion in our society. Many people seem to think that "the youth of today" are all wrapped up in sex but, as a college teacher, I can attest to the fact that the majority of my students suffer from what I would term sexual repression, having no background upon which to make the decisions that face them now that they are adults in a coed situation. Many of them are like children when it comes to sexual matters. They've been brought up primarily in homes where sex was taboo and, as a result, they have no real sex education. We could learn a lot from the Scandanavian and European societies that are much more frank about sex with their young people and, as a result, have a much smaller percentage facing sexual issues.

12barblues and Cappy_Dick like this.
  3. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I mostly posted it because I thought it was an interesting read and also because I suffer from it a lot. I have bipolar disorder and have a love hate relationship with sex. The article describes me to a tee.

ply and The_E_in_CLE like this.
  4. loveprof

loveprof Member

So, AG, what type of issues do you feel your bipolar disorder causes regarding sex. While not diagnosed as bipolar, I have definitely suffered from clinical depression but never thought about how it might be affecting me in the bedroom ... when I had sex, that is...lol.

5. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Ok, now we are cooking with gas!
    Wondered why and where you were not scoring for so long as it where but now we be getting somewhere!
    Not sure what your problem might be but I am more than willing to help out a fellow man.
    If you want PM me or else keep it public as then more inputs.
    Recognition of issues is always the first step forwards bro, ok!

6. loveprof

loveprof Member

Trust me, I've never been in the dark about these long term issues or their impact on me in various aspects of life. I have, however, been successfully treating these for years and have an excellent psychologist who specializes in these types of relationship issues. The more I discuss this in the forums, I'm beginning to realize my biggest issue may be opportunities. I can't find places to hang out that have eligible women my age.