Hurricane Ike

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by qweepster, Sep 14, 2008.

1. qweepster

qweepster New Member

I was in the word association thread and fc put chaos and I put hurricane ike. I was wondering if anybody here lives in texas. If you do, I hope you're alright. I was reading in the paper Ike is 600 miles big (er wide, long, circumference). Obviously you're probably not going to sign on here during the crisis, but just wanted to say to whoever.....hope everything is okay

2. ccjcool

ccjcool New Member

My gf lives in eastern tx, and shes fine, but she's without power at the moment. When it hit her town, it was still rated as a category 1 hurricane, and it wasnt expected to still be that strong by the time it got to her. But all is well with her in general, so I'm relieved.

3. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Good news cc....Hurricanes are nothing to play with! I hope that the people who did not evac in time are ok, but there is lots of damage, and it will take awhile to get back to normal.....

4. qweepster

qweepster New Member

I also really want to say I hope the feds are going to raise more awareness on global warming. They KNOW this is why 3 hurricanes have hit in 3 years. They KNOW that if the world doesn't take a step back and be more green, shit is going down.

I'm fuming just thinking about it. I am a man all about the principle and I know this sounds a little cliche or what not, but if there was anything my mom taught me, it was to show compassion to EVERYBODY. I tell you honestly that I have not followed it to the T, but we as humans, we as people, we as a collective need to be more aware for our friends, our pets, our wildlife, our sons, daughters, and lovers.

5. igor

Gold Member

My daughter moved back to WI last year after living in Houston for a year. I am glad they are no longer down there, as I am sure they are. Here in IL we are getting the rainfall from it - fortunately without the winds. So far we have had 7 inches of rain.