HPV Vaccine

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by BiBiBaby, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

Although it has JUST been approved by the FDA in the US, the new Human Papilloma Virus Vaccine is already causing a bit of an uproar in some places. People are claiming it will encourage sexual promiscuity and pre-marital sex.
    HOWEVER, HPV is the leading cause of cervical cancer.

Will you seek out the vaccine (I believe the target age group is 10-26 or something like that) or pursue information about it for your daughters?

Thoughts?

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Well, I think the HPV vaccine should be given to all women regardless of the type of lifestyle they lead. There's no reason to think of it as encouraging anything. It should he adminstered purely for health and safety reasons, the same as all other vaccines. Sure, some people discourage promiscuity and some people think we should wait before marriage before having sex, but we also live in the real world. Saying that the HPV vaccine will encourage promiscuity is exactly the same argument that claims that denying teenagers access to condoms will somehow prevent them from having sex, and making abortions illegal will reduce unwanted pregnancies. Uh...hello??

People, and especially women, should be allowed to take responsibility for their own sexual health without being made to feel guilty.

3. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I contracted HPV at a very early age. It is painful, grotesque, and medical treatment of the symptoms is horrendous.
    I have been free of the virus for over 30 years. However, I will never be free of it's damage. My cervical tissue is the texture of hamburger and it does not repair itself. Thorn has to be careful about deep-penetrating sex, as it can cause my cervix incredible pain. During the final half of each of my pregancies, he was not allowed to go beyond 3 inches.... yep 3 inches. Anything even touching it would cause serious bleeding at that time.

HPV is the highest sexually transmitted disease out there.
    It is known to multiply the risk of cervical cancer like nothing else.
    To refrain from giving this vaccine simply to try to 'train morality' in women, is almost parallel to the way some cultures surgically remove young girls' clits. It's heartless, barbaric, arbitrary and ultimately deadly.

If it was a vaccine for men, which would keep them from contracting a 'flesh-eating disease' on their PENIS, it would probably be given, for free, to every male child at birth. This is not a man-basher statement, but simply a personal observation.

4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Introduction of this Aussie reseached and developed vaccine is similarly causing angst in this country.

Would there be similar disquiet about it's introduction if a vaccine against HIV were available?
    The same arguments against would all be vsimilarly valid but I doubt any one would be against mass vaccination.
    So what is so different?
    Actually nothing as it would prevent suffering and death for future generations.
    In my opinion nothing should be done to prevent the introduction of life saving measures such as these.

5. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

Next time I'm at the clinic I'm definitly going to ask about it. One of my roommates is only 22 and has already had cancerous cells removed twice. If I can protect myself from one of the main causes then I'm all for it.

6. Krof

Krof New Member

Why is that bad? :ugh

Ofcourse this is something every woman should get. And ofcourse it doesn't promote "sexual promoscuity" anymore than cars seatbelts promote crashing.
    People need to grow the fuck up and mind their OWN business instead of trying to FORCE other people live in PAIN. Fuck YOU, you religious fucking BASTARDS.

Excuses.

7. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I don't get it (thinking an HPV vaccine would promote sexual contact). The majority of HPVs (70%) are not transmitted through sexual contact, according to info gathered with Google. My wife works with a young gal who is concerned she might have it because her Pap test came back positive, yet she's still a virgin. What am I missing?

8. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Often, our young men and women believe that because they are technically 'virgins', that they are not at risk for STDs. However, sometimes they fail to realize that oral sex can spread the disease just as easily as real sex. So even though your friend is a virgin, if she has had any sexual contact of any kind(vaginal, anal or oral), it is possible to contract HPV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.