How you have the guts to purcahse a condom?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by help, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. help

help New Member

Just wondering how you guys have the guts to purchase a condom in a shop or stall. I always tried to buy a condom so that i could use it with my patner and i was so shy and scared that i don't have the guts to pick one up and pay for it, all i think was to steal it :lol

2. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes New Member

You don't want to get laid very bad, do you?

Just pick up the biggest box you can find, walk up to the counter, and pay for it. If you buy the big box, you won't have to repeat the process very often.

3. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

Hell, I'm a woman & I have no problems purchasing condoms. Don't buy any of those non-name brand condoms at the gas station....I wouldn't trust them very much. Just go to your local Walmart or where ever, pick up a box & go through the express lane. Those cashiers have seen it all, so I wouldn't worry about what they are thinking while you're buying them. Most likely, they'll be just as embarrassed as you are....so just do it!

4. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

try these

they are called "they fit" condoms or something like it... you print off a special measure kit and they deliver them discreetly to your door, its supposed to help make sure you dont buy too large (so they slip off) or too small (and snap) they carry sizes from 3in to 10in with a bunch of girths too

5. help

help New Member

I only know durex condom and i think it is a good brand for condoms, but they dun have it here in Australia, so Iam not sure which ones are good.

6. blade

blade New Member

there's Lifestyles (which i heard they hurt),Trojan, and some other's...make sure they're latex and not sheepskin to prevent STD's

7. Lola

Lola New Member

I find buying condoms at shops ok..... I normally buy other things aswell, like crisps and stuff. I find thats easier!

8. Lola

Lola New Member

Or, I did buy them off the net before. I was about 16, and very embarrased so I went on net and bought them.

9. touchzing

touchzing New Member

I used to be embarrassed buying condoms but then I realized that I am not embarrased that I have sex or that I am smart enough to use them. So, buy the damn things with pride.

10. jiggy

jiggy New Member

Its not that bad buying them, Lifestyles are not bad, I've never used Trojans, and Durex is of course the best!

Its honnestly not that bad buying them, chances are the cashier has bought them him/herself anyways, we live in a society dominated by sexuality, and the fact that you're being safe shows maturity. What I did my first few times was go in with friends and we each bought a box, that way its not as intimidating, now I usually just buy them on a trip to the grocery store, so I've got my bread, lettuce, milk, condoms...lol I'm quite fortunate though because my boyfriend and I we're at a Summer Festival and entered a draw at the AIDS/HIV tent and won 100 condoms and some other stuff, it was neat!

11. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

the only time i ever bought them myself i got the most horrible look from the cashier, it made me feel so dirty. but that was when i was younger...now, i just go to student health and grab a handful of Durexes from the freebies basket that they keep well stocked, or have my bf pick them up (last one hated doing it...said it made him feel less manly...ugh)

12. markx

markx New Member

just buy them, it is normal and healthy - if you do buy them at a checkout with someone you are attrated to (cashier), it might feel better?

13. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

actually did go in and buy some not long ago... i hate small town pharmacies...the cashier smiled she was like "arent' you in my art history class" "um, yeah, sorry gotta go" but i still got them bought

14. hurley

hurley New Member

Hahaha, nice one bibibay... Yeah I got nervis getting condoms for awhile and now im fine with it. Though now that my gf is signed up with planned parent hood, we just go in there and get free condoms.

15. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

I agree, go in and just purchase it, nothing to be afraid of. :)

16. Maggie_05

Maggie_05 New Member

I dont think anyone should be the least ashamed when it comes to anything about sex unless your really uncomfortable with it. The best thing to do is buy the bigest box of condoms you can find, a bottle of KY (even though I dont like KY its the only thing they carry in stores), and even some other sex related products in a Wal-Mart, Kmart, Kroger, whatever. If anyone gives you a dissapproving look walk up to them stare them in the eye and say, "Think of this way you fucking prude. At least with these I wont be spawning other people that will be buying more condoms so be glad I'm the only one at the moment!!!" or try, "Yeah I'm buying condoms, unlike your underage kid who dosn't have the sense to use contraceptives but has the ability to smoke pot because your an overbearing, pretencious parent who thinks their kids are gems among coal and cant see the wool over their eyes!!!" Then walk up to the counter put the products on the counter and give the casheir a 50 so they have to give you change while people watch. Or you could just tell people their for your mother who became sexually active after joining an online dating service. Anyway have fun with it and it wont be such a bad experience and you'll have a story to tell the kids you get when you forget to use the damn things after you bought them. LOL

17. sexkid

sexkid New Member

thats very clever. i bought condoms from the sex store i go to. which i had a funny experience in the other day. i saw a pop machine in the back and thought to myself gee a pop would be great right now. i didn t have any change so i put a dollar in what i thought was a change machine. i turned out that machine gave tokens to go to back rooms where you can watch any movie you want for five min and jerk off if you feel confident enough as there are signs posted that say the store was patrolled by cops and people are to act accordingly if they didn t want to be in any trouble. so i asked the clerk if i could get my money back and my friend and i made some good jokes about it.

18. -G-

-G- New Member

LoL, just go to the self checkout lane at walmart or local grocery store. Think of it this way, everyone does it. It you are still to embarrassed then tell the clerk that they make great water balloons. :)

19. lovedog

lovedog New Member

boy you dont need to be ashamed for anything everybody does it, even the cashier that will sell it to you, so why becaome afraid. let me use the word of my proffessor in the university" the man dies in him who has a desire and can not express it" catch ya buy condom use it and enjoy yourselves

20. dabody

dabody New Member

Just remember 'if you don't ask, you don't get' as some people say. If you want sex, and you need a condom, I guess you gotta go and buy them. Once you do it a few times, I'm sure it won't seem so bad. Just imagine how many millions of people are buying them every day. It's not like you're doing something outrageous or anything..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.