how would you react?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by phillybruce, Feb 16, 2009.

1. phillybruce

phillybruce New Member

my wife had me setup her gmail acct for outlook access on her computer.

at which point, the most recent email displayed in the outlook window

the email went as follows...

Morning xxxx (my wife),

I'm sure you are taking the holiday off. Some of us are not so lucky. When you get back in your office, could you do me a favor? Would you take a quick look around and see if you have a 2008/2009 Legal directory? If you do, might I borrow it for a bit? Yes, I will repay the favor. Thank you very much.

xxxx (wife)

--

How will you repay the favor?

xxx

--

I mean it is just a legal directory, but it could get you a cocktail hour drink. When you start getting me business and giving me your contacts, then I will owe you that much more. A small favor gets a small favor; the larger favors are probably what you will be looking forward to.

Does this mean you have a current legal directory that I can steal/borrow from you?

xxxx (my wife)

What would you take away from seeing that?

2. missyhuggins

missyhuggins New Member

There's no real sexual content is there?

Maybe she's helping this person set up business.

I'd ask, assuming is only going to do your head in.

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

First off, shame on you for snooping in her. Yeah, I sound judgemental, so shoot me, BUT if my husband even read my emails I'd be plenty pissed at him. It's a matter of trust, ya know?

Secondly, I don't see anything wrong with what was written. If you really want to reach that far try to think it's a sexual thing, you are entitled, but I think its just chit chat, nothing more.

Thirdly, if you are concerned, talk to your wife. Clear this up with her now. If you let your feelings fester, something bad will come of it, no doubt.

4. evman

evman New Member

I would ask suspiciously. It may be just some harmful flirting or it could be innocent enough but you never know. If there was more than flirting you would think that your wife would be more careful about letting you view the email. She may know in her mind that nothing is wrong with the content therefore not caring if you see it. I think it's definitely worth talking to her about it.

5. missyhuggins

missyhuggins New Member

Insecurity and mistrust breeds insecurity and mistrust.

6. HardRocker

Gold Member

If she didn't have her Outlook folders password protected, don't you think she knew her mail was there for anyone to look at?

7. Rocket Queen

Rocket Queen New Member

I don't think there is a problem here...

In the business world you get more bees with honey. Nothing wrong with a little harmless work place flirting.

Does your wife know you frequent a sex site?

8. loveit

loveit New Member

maybe to many xx but a bit of office fun, what did she say?

9. Barbwire

Gold Member

Good question, RQ.

10. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

It seems like harmless office flirting to me. I agree that she probably would have password protected her email account if she felt she had anything to hide.

Shame on you for reading your wife's emails!

11. eandvk

eandvk Member

True he shouldnt have read his wifes mail, but if I were him Id be more worried that she could get fired for inappropriate behavior....The company I work for wouldnt tolerate that type of "office flirting", we have zero tolerance for any type of sexual innuendo, or harrassment. We even had to take a course on sexual harrassment and policies the company stands by.....and I believe most companys are doing the same, it can cost a company lots of money to be sued for negligence. Along with having the reputation of the company ruined....so I know that if this type of email was found at my workplace, there would be an investigation and questions would be asked...regardless if this email was written in complete innocense. Id be worried that this email doesnt fall into the wrong hands and she gets more than just a jealous or overreacting Husband, but a pink slip.

12. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Hmmm...you know your wife better than we do...is this normal flirting for her, or is this something out of the ordinary? There is definitely sexual innuendo, but flirting is a pretty common thing and does not necessarily indicate intent (although it can). If she's flirting over email and it's a co-worker, you can rest assured she's already been flirting in person. But then again, it may be just for fun with no intent.

I agree with one post above...this IS a bit inappropriate for a work email, and could probably create some chaos at work for her if it ever came into question. It's gmail though...is that work email or her personal email account? Was it sent to his work email or a personal email account?

Ask yourself this question however: have you ever flirted in a similar way? You probably have...consider that before you are too hard on her.

IF you think it's probably harmless but it's bothering you, I'd just be upfront and talk to her about it in an unaccusing way...if your wife has never given you a reason to distrust her, then don't. If you think there's truly cause for alarm, then I'd just not mention it yet and watch for a while to see what happens...but only do that if you have a concrete reason to distrust her. Notice her actions and if there's any change in her attitude toward you...those are tell-tale signs that something doesn't jive.

I'm not a fan of snooping...I've had to endure needless snooping time and time and time again, without any real cause. However, the one time that I stepped out of character and snooped myself, I found plenty and it wasn't harmless flirting. So, I don't know...you are the judge of your wife's character. You should also be honest with yourself as to whether you have a jealous nature or not...if you have a jealous or controlling nature without any historical cause, then maybe you're over-reacting...avoid snooping, sometimes it's better to just not know the little flirts that go on.

HTH,
    BD

13. Dreama

Gold Member

If it were me, I would feel as though its basically harmless.

14. Barbwire

Gold Member

BassDude, normally I like to yank your chain about the wordiness of your posts, but not this time. That was a very throughtful and well-worded reply and I agree with you 100%.

15. Drakonnen

Drakonnen Member

#1 Don't snoop.

#2 Just cause she said "How will you repay the favor?" doesn't necessarily mean -anything-!

She could just be joking, or maybe asking for a legitimate return of the favor in some work related way.

It doesn't have to imply "will you return the favor in some sexual manner, like with providing me with some dick because I'm not getting enough from my husband." :p

16. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

God bless you HR. If she wasn't hiding it, she meant no harm. I have snooped multiple times and it got me in trouble and I saw things I didnt care to know about. Someone snooped on me and got the same result.

I am an incorrigible flirt, hence the name FC, and most of it is bull. It is part of my personality. Just let it go and no more snooping, lest you find yourself not being able to move past something that meant nothing. Unless you are one of those literal people who thinks that everything you say is written in stone and meant to be.....

17. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Thanks CL...but you can still jerk my chain. Shall I don a collar now? :lol

BD

18. HardRocker

Gold Member

Dueling shadows