[Ask a Guy] How would you interperet?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by AndSoItWasWritten, Jan 24, 2011.

1. AndSoItWasWritten

AndSoItWasWritten New Member

Hey guys,

What would you think if someone shy (me) didn't respond to your advances? Would you think I wasn't interested or would you know it's not the case?

2. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

I would think you were not interested. We couldn't just know.

3. sinner

sinner New Member

I have always been shy in real life. Before I met my wife I blew many chances to have relationships with wonderful women who I liked and never let them know because I was shy. Often I found out at a later date that they had liked me also. You miss 100 % of the chances you don't take.

4. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

I would think you weren't interested.

5. redlacesexblog

redlacesexblog New Member

if i didn't know you, i would think you weren't interested. i'm not egotistical, and i'm not slighted by those not interested in me. hth

6. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Sinner could not have said it better, I was the same, still shy but not so much now.

I will say someone shy may appear to be not interested so you have to find a way to let the other person you ARE interested somehow.
    At least you have a chance of keeping the mutual interest.
    Keep eye contact longer, give a smile, tell te other you are shy.
    Seriously, tell you are shy and someone will make the effort; knowing you are not rude or distant.

7. gphine

I'm irresistible so I would chalk it up to your personal issues. :)

Actually, I'd likely think you weren't interested or were just shy. If I was really interested I might try changing my approach. My personal limit would be two strikes - if approach #2 failed, I'd likely quit.

8. Trond

Gold Member

Remember that it can be extremely difficult to get what's going on in other people's heads. Previously, some girls thought that I felt superior to everybody else when in fact I had shyness issues. If you don't know what to say, try smiling. It gives a much better impression than a stiff mask. Good luck!

9. nyxx

nyxx New Member

sorry, but they probably felt the rejection

10. htoad

htoad Active Member

I would definitely say, when I was younger and shyer myself, that I would take it as a sign of no interest. At my high school reunions I have had several women tell me they were interested in me in high school, but were too shy to say anything. I remember one whom I felt rejected me when I said "maybe you'll come watch me play football" and she just said "I don't know" - when in fact she was dying to come watch me play but was too nervous to say. Me, being shy, didn't follow up with anything to try to change her mind - I just assumed that meant she had no interest so I never tried to ask her to anything again.

11. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Doh!

#11 Texas_Red, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  12. nurseharley

Gold Member

wrong thread? :p

13. Texas_Red

Gold Member

idk what you're talking about. *looks around nervously*

14. yeshyeshyesh

yeshyeshyesh New Member

if youre a guy and your shy, you could be pretty much screwed as far as picking up women is concerned, unless ofcourse you are so outstanding for some reason that women approach you.

a woman can afford to be shy, since men will usually do the approaching but youre also not responsive. thats more than shy i guess. responding is easy. you just have to give them clues if you are interested in their advances or not.

to answer your question, yes. if a woman didnt respond it means she is ignoring and is not interested. ignoring is a type of response if you look at it that way.

15. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

Similiarly, I've been called a snob beside of confidence issues. Fortunately I have no problem smiling and laughing - although I think these days I offend more by laughing "inappropriately".

To the OP, unfortunately I agree with the others that you would most likely assume that you're not interested.

16. martin9p2

martin9p2 Member

I would think you weren't interested, or maybe mildly interested but not sexually compatible, so i would give up.

17. handluva

handluva New Member

If a girl didnt respond to my advances, then I would think she wasnt interested and move on. I dont want to be where I'm not wanted. I personally need quite a lot of reassurance from a girl that I am what she wants. So if she wasnt very responsive or forward to me, then I'd see that as a bad vibe.

18. too_thick

too_thick Member

Before I was shy but not that much anymore.
    I will eventually I will get it.

Most of the ladies like guys with long hair up here in Washington. So I have to wait for it to grow out more.
    Sigh..
    Last time I let it grow out to the tip of my nose.(I was asked out a few times)I thought it was a mess and I chopped it all off (buzz cut) when I got back to Calif(my hair grows very fast so it should be to the same length in less then two months)
    only thing I hate is long hair is so much work. ah

To bad the people asked me at a bad time when I did not care about anything at the time.
    compared to 2009 I am in my better shape also. I was at 180 and I am at 181 pounds now.(scale is right as I checked two of them) (same weight but Lower body fat % then before.)

19. will_luvs_69

will_luvs_69 New Member

I would think that you werent interested in me.

20. 33stack

Gold Member

not interested. when i was single, i would use the direct aproach. i would say i'm attracted to you and would u like to hang out some time......