how would you feel?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Animularisen, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Animularisen

Animularisen New Member

If you bought your SO a item ring/bracelet/necklace anything that meant something... and they lost it?

I bought a bracelet for my boyfriend for his birthday in April and he's lost it... and suggested buying another one we both can choose... but it isn't the same as i bought him that one and it meant something to me. in a sense it was like HIS engagement present as I have the ring... he gets mad when I even take my ring off so I feel rather shit that he lost his bracelet and his opinion is to buy another one.

I'm just wondering if I'm feeling shit because I'm selfish or I have a right to...

2. mxlonerider

mxlonerider New Member

It all depends... did he know it meant so much to you? Did he know that it was, to you, an engagement present to him? If so.. then it's probably a case of bad luck. He wouldn't lose it on purpose, you know, and he obviously still wants something to have/wear that shows your commitment to each other since he wants to buy another. Make sure he knows how you feel, that you wish he'd not have lost it and kept better care of it.. but don't rag on him forever about it. Now if he didn't know how you felt about it, then it's the same, just rag on him even less, lol.

3. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I understand your feelings, hun. It's like when my husband had to have his wedding ring cut off, due to an injury on his finger. We bought another one, but it will never be 'THE' wedding ring that I placed on his finger. It's the sentimental value.

That said, things happen - and sometimes a precious 'item' is lost. Guess it's best to just remember that it's just a piece of metal. The feelings behind it are not lost. The sentimental loss will weaken in time. Maybe you should wait a while before replacing it. Give yourself time, so that you can enjoy the shopping experience, without dwelling on the fact that he lost the real one.

*hugs*

4. Animularisen

Animularisen New Member

yeah, I didn't shout at him, I told him it upset me alot and then i decided we should just forget about it.
    We're getting him a ring now and a male necklace chain so when he takes it off for work he can put it around his neck instead lol... Hopefully he wont lose this one...

5. mxlonerider

mxlonerider New Member

Wow, great idea with the chain, can't say I'd of thought of that. Now he has no excuses, right? lol

6. Animularisen

Animularisen New Member

lol right, he had none this time he nearly cried when i looked hurt that he lost it... and he's been searching forever for it apparently... We found a ring and its a little less then what the bracelet cost but i guess it should be ok... he wants to buy it but i might just buy it in secret and give it him... heh

7. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

See some of us guys loose things on a regular basis, hell I had to get a bowl where my wallet, knife, and keys go whenever they aren't ON my person. Hell I never, ever take my watch off except to clean it because I don't want to lose a $400 watch. (Luminox Navy Seal dive watch, had it for .... 4 years, one of the best gifts I've ever gotten.)

8. slamd097

slamd097 New Member

frustrated, but that is an item that can be replaced, not the S.O....

9. Animularisen

Animularisen New Member

lol i did say to him, you are a boy afterall.

10. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

We never lose things on purpose; they just seem to disappear. My wife can't believe how I can lose the keys to the cars between getting out of one and into the other when they're sitting side-by-side in the garage. I can't either; it just happens!

I know my first wedding band is somewhere in the Gulf of Alaska. I was fishing late at night (midnight sun), my hands were cold, wet and slippery from handling fish. I reached to grab something, and the ring shot off my finger like it came out of a cannon. The worst part of it was that it happened when my wife was on a rare out-of-town trip for the week. I'm sure she wondered if I removed it for bar hopping....

11. Dreama

Gold Member

Things happen...I'm sure he didn't lose it on purpose. The thought is what counts. And, if you accidentally lost your ring, and had a legitimate reason for having taken it off, I'm sure he'd forgive you too.I mean there are situations in which one might have to remove the ring...I was rock climbing once a couple of weeks ago, and had to take it off, because I would have hated to ruin it.

12. Animularisen

Animularisen New Member

i take mine off to wash dishes and to put hand cream on my hands lol

he takes his bracelet off to wank and to go work lol bless