[Ask a Girl] How to talk to girls?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by logi, Apr 22, 2011.

1. logi

logi New Member

When you are interested in her. Not as a friend. I have no problems with that, but when it comes to a girl that I like I get all nervous and shy. I am shy to ask for her phone number for example or any other questions that would lead her to believe that I am interested in her. Mainly because I am shy and I don't want her to think I am another scumbag interested in only one thing.
    For example. I am taking a course (in what doesn't matter) and it was night course. That night I had a chance to work on this "project" with this girl that I just met. She was really nice, and of course I liked her. I think she was also into me. So we spend time together for some 90 working in our class, and when class was dismissed I didn't have the guts to ask her for her mobile number, figuring that I might be mistaken, maybe she was just friendly, and maybe she has a boyfriend, so I'll wait for next week. Well i have not seen her since then. She missed one class, I missed another, and it has been 3, soon 4 weeks. It is eating me alive that I didn't ask for her number since I am thinking about her a lot.
    For first time I am going to admit that I plain and simply suck when it comes to talking to girls.
    Please any tips girls? How should have I reacted in that situation? Is it better to ask for phone number straight away? What should I say when I run into her next time?

2. Gearhead

Gold Member

coming from a guy, be honest say hey i like you whats your number? and be confident about it

3. Chronichaze

Chronichaze New Member

Man first off you need to calm the hell down. It's just a girl. She's just a normal person like you and I and you should realize that there is no reason to hold her to an unreal standard to the point where you're getting nervous thinking about her.

Never want to think too much into it either. Say what comes natural to you while being sincere and sweet. You'll realize the more comfortable you act around her the more comfortable the situation will be, which will allow you to flirt and be friendly with her.

4. Trond

Gold Member

Even if you don't catch her in class, you will see her at the exam, right? Try to find her right before, say "good luck" and "I'll catch up with you afterward". If she's busy right after the exam, try asking if she's on Facebook or something. If she has time to talk, then talk about the exam (seems natural), then try to get the conversation over on things you both might like to to do. Movies for instance. Of course all of this works just after any class as well :)

Also, if you can get a way to communicate with her without necessarily talking directly, then it's fine to ask her out through text or email or what not. It removes some of the pressure.

5. nyxx

nyxx New Member

watch 40 year old virgin, and do the opposite of what they tell andy, lol. no thats a joke.

you just have to talk and ask questions man. if she turns you down, the world doesn't end. sure you'll feel kind of bad that this girl doesn't think you're worth a chance. still, theres always another girl out there. its like anything you do, when you first do it, you aren't that great. the more you do it, you get comfortable and confident in your abilities and it becomes second nature. moral of this rant. the more girls you talk to in a flirtatious way, the less awkward it will become.

6. nurseharley

Gold Member

the key is to NOT overthink it, thats what will mess you up. just be natural and go with the flow, be yourself, and try to relax. i don't really think there's a right or wrong as long as youre respectful towards her and don't come off as pushy.

7. 33stack

Gold Member

ive always listened to them. u can never know what a women likes or needs without LISTENING! i'm married now and i always ask what i can do for my wife and how she's doing that day. i pay attantion and look her in the eyes when we talk. i cant stand to talk to somebody and have their eyes looking at everything but me! and be natural, be yourself. dont sit there and talk about yourself , big turnoff.

8. logi

logi New Member

THanks guys/girls for all the tips and comments. Hopefully I see her this Tuesday.

9. jopely

jopely New Member

Right on they Don't bite well only when ya ask them to and hopefuly gently , But realy just go with the flow! Let us know how it went!

10. backcheck64

Gold Member

Adopt an attitude of boarderline "I don't give a fuck". If she likes you great, if not, more fish in the sea. It takes any preasure off.

11. too_thick

too_thick Member

Just practice on the females you don't like. Flirting that is, That's what I do .

12. PansexualWaffle

PansexualWaffle New Member

First off, be yourself. If she doesn't like that, she's not worth it.
    Second, HONESTY. We really do like a guy just telling us he likes us. 90% of the time.
    Thirdly, don't bullshit. Come out and say something.

We don't bite~