How the fuck are you?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by CaliMike, Aug 13, 2011.

1. CaliMike

CaliMike Member

Hello everyone,

I just joined. Still trying to get a feel for the place. Not sure why there is a no-nudity policy on an adult forum. If anyone knows the answer to that one, please share.

Other than that, I look forward to getting to know everyone. Questions? Just ask. :)

2. Kermit

Gold Member

If you're referring to the no-nudity rule on avatars, i'm not sure if i can say for certainty on the official reasons. But I can tell you if we didn't have the rule in place for avatars, at least half of the male avatars would be erections which would somewhat debase the forum and make it less work safe. But that's just an educated guess.

Nudity is allowed on the the forum threads but only in the Adult Pictures section. You can post nudity also in the photo album area.

But anyways it'll be good to check out the rules section if you haven't already,http://www.sexualforums.com/rules

#2 Kermit, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  3. CaliMike

CaliMike Member

I actually was referring to nudity in general. It seems silly that there is one specific place where that is allowed considering the nature of this site. It seems like this forum would be NSFW by default, no?

4. Essene

Gold Member

How does that seem silly? When you read, if you read, Playboy Magazine--- there isn't an insurmountable amount of nudity on every page, is there? No. There are also articles. This is a forum. If you read the rules, you clearly find out where you can and can not post nude photos (ones avatar included). I like the fact that they seclude those types of photos to one area, else the rest of the forum would, more-than-likely, be rampant with males or females trying to "score" via picture alone. I like to come here to talk and read about facets of sexualism that I am both aware of, am not aware of, and aware of- but inexperienced. If you go to a shooting range, are you allowed to shoot in the bathroom, lobby, or parking lot? No. There is a specific place for every esoteric facet of a specialized forum.

5. Mittimer

Gold Member

I'm sorry that you don't agree with the rules, however they are there for a reason.

Our admin created these rules (and the photo rule was made by suggestion of the forum members) and us moderators are here to enforce the rules.

Kermit and Essene have summed up everything I have to say pretty well.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM myself or any of the other mods/admin located in my signature.

6. CaliMike

CaliMike Member

I wasn't necessarily disagreeing. Perplexed is more like it. Was just curious about the reasoning behind it.

7. Maverick

Maverick Member

Sometimes there is no reasoning behind a certain set of rules. It just is, and you either learn to accept it or you don't.

I personally like the rule, as I'm more of the opinion this is a "reading" board for intelligence purposes on sex and relationships, and less of a site where we want to see dicks and boobs all over. If you want to send nudity, talk to some of the gals. They may want a junk picture at sometime. (Doubt it though)

Welcome.

8. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Well boobs are ok.. just kidding. If you want to see cock and balls all day go to the photos section and skim through for boobs :jerkit

You also stole that avatar from someone else :D

9. Essene

Gold Member

My apologies CaliMike. Welcome.

10. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Welcome to the forums CaliMike :)

11. Kermit

Gold Member

Welcome to the forums. Don't worry :) I think it's healthy to have a discussion about the rules because it leads to further understanding of both sides of the issue :). And perhaps out of the discussion (of any topic not this specifically) could come changes.

I can't speak for everyone, but IMHO but it has a better appearance this way, so members aren't bombarded with exhibitionism (unless they choose to be) while maintaining a healthy, mature, open, no nonsense forum.

12. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

I don't even see the need for nudity anywhere but the one forum. The only reason I could conceive is for maybe explaining a position or technique, but real people don't need to be used for that. Anatomically correct diagrams don't break the rules. (I think)

13. Mittimer

Gold Member

I believe we've came to the conclusion that they don't, especially if they are educational diagrams.

14. CaliMike

CaliMike Member

I did not notice anyone else having it. I could use a different one if you prefer. :)

15. Kermit

Gold Member

Works for wikipedia

16. HardRocker

Gold Member

You can use the avie as long as BigPappi is okay with it. The picture came from mpublic domain. Hell, mine is an Ipod advertisement.:p I haven't heard from Steve Jobs yet.

17. CaliMike

CaliMike Member

Better? It is drawn, so not technically nudity. ;) If this is in violation of the rules, I will remove it and choose something else. Just let me know. I hope it is not because I am disabled, so I think it's funny! :)

#17 CaliMike, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  18. Kermit

Gold Member

Looks great :) very funny too :) you're gonna fit right in :)

19. RideNaked2

Gold Member

Welcome CaliMike :)

20. CaliMike

CaliMike Member

I hope so. I have unique perspectives on various topics, so hopefully I will be able to add some intellectual flavor to the mixing bowl. :)