How open are you? (POLL)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by deckard_cain, Sep 10, 2007.

?

How open are you with your SO?

1. VERY - Nothing is Sacred!

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. Mostly, I wouldn't say something if I thought they didn't want to hear it.

16 vote(s)
    55.2%
  3. Not Very. I'm a Private Person.

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. I'm a hermit, I don't share the time of day.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. deckard_cain

deckard_cain New Member

With your SO. How open are you guys? Is anything off limits? Personally I have found that the truth and total openness about everything is always better, even if it sparks small problems right now, its better than BIG ones later.

Let me know your opinions.

2. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

Years ago I signed up on a bestiality forum out of curiosity. I look in about once a year. About 2 years ago I saw a name Granny something. I PMed her and she lived close. We have been going together ever since. It was the perfect place to meet. No fantasy is off limits.:D

3. Melissa29

Melissa29 New Member

I voted number 3... which im not proud of:) but it did ask how you WERE not should be or want to be...

I am though... really private and independent. And even though Im single atm :) ive been sort of cautious with past relationships... i mean not like totally blowing people off, but sort of rationing my personal self... its scary to open up to someone really and truly, and it takes forever for me to be comfortable with that... and its SO easy to make me run back behind my shell! I should have been a hermit...

4. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

#1 for me,
    If you can't say it you can't do it.

Hiker

5. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

#3 for me. I am a very private person and i find it very difficult to be open, as much as i would like to be.

6. TeachMe1985

TeachMe1985 New Member

I am pretty open about everything if I feel accepted. However I am more likely to hint at something and gage the reaction to see if the topic is welcome. I have a tendency to get insecure, feel selfish or am afriad that i hurt them if i get demanding.

7. Mr.Tongue

Mr.Tongue New Member

I am pretty quiet and reserved, until I get to know the people around me then I can adjust to friendly on up to wild and crazy, or even total ass if alcohol is involved. :)

8. cook74

Gold Member

With my partner I can talk about pretty much anything that I want with impunity. But... and this is a big BUT...

If she has bought something that she is very happy with, like clothes for instance, and I don't particularly care for her choice, I WILL LIE and say that I do like it, as it makes her happy for a little while; and that for me is worth the little white lie.:p

9. Barbwire

Gold Member

I am pretty open with my husband, but I also have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy when it comes to certain things. I won't volunteer information, but if he asks, I will tell him the truth.

10. Melissa29

Melissa29 New Member

Smart man... you'll go far:)

11. jsky7

jsky7 New Member

I'm extremely open and honest to a fault sometimes. I guess it comes from not wanting to be lied to, as I've been tremendously hurt from it many times in my past. Trouble is, I desire the same thing from my partner, and someone that open and honest has been difficult to find (hence one of many reasons why I'm single). Women will tell me that they are that way, yet down the road I'll get the "I didn't want to hurt you, so I never told you ______". How I hate that...
    That sums up my attitude perfectly.

12. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I voted #2 mainly because there are certainly aspects of my childhood that make most people very uncomfortable to hear about (sexual and physical abuse, etc), so I usually won't bring it up or discuss it unless someone wants to hear about it. I doesn't bother me or make me feel uncomfortable to talk about it, but it can bother others.

13. xplodez

xplodez New Member

i agree puss, my last girlfriend sprung the i was raped deal on me, after about the 5th or sixth date when i questioned her resistance to something in bed (keep in mind i am not a forceful guy, but i questioned as to why do you do that, why dont u do that type of thing, and she just paused.. i questioned her again not meanly but it was something that i didnt understand .. then she paused and said, when i was younger i was raped.. IT was just the most unexpected and for me a sad thing to hear i felt so bad, and such anger toward whoever it was.. it took me very long to get past that, she used to tell me to be a little bit more rough in bed like some hair tugging and what not, it took me VERY long to be able to do it without the fear of being too much and feeling awful if it brought out past memorys i just really couldnt be very sexually open as i was deathly worried about doing something wrong.. she never did go into detail about it, but my opinion is if you BRING that kind of thing up, do plan to explain it because somone will have so many questions about it and not answering them makes things much worse when they try to become comfortable with what they just found out..

14. Jayce

Gold Member

I'm pretty much a number 1 here. I'm very open with pretty much everything. I just feel like I have nothing to hide, so if sitting down with someone for 5 minutes to explain something to them can eliminate them assuming something and getting off on the wrong path with me, it's worth it.