How often should you have sex

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by hubbywubby, Sep 8, 2011.

1. hubbywubby

hubbywubby New Member

I would go every night if my wife wanted too. She does not though. I hope it because we have two kids and our jobs are both hi stress. One of our kids is disabled and takes a lot of our time. So I'm still human and I get very horney. We definitely find time at least one nigh a week and sometimes twice. Before our kids we would have sex almost everyday sometimes twice a day. I think though I like it better once a week. Here;s my reason. I think about it all the time and I get excited with the thought that lets say Friday I know we will have the time and there is a good possibility that we will have the time. So I think about it all week then when the time comes I'm all worked up and It just seems great and I exploded when we're done... Its usually really good sex and then I cant get it out of my mind for days after. I almost think about it and then I cant wait for next week again. Everyday was good but it just seemed like it was getting old. I like the once a week deal is this normal? Don't get me wrong if its twice a week thats OK also.

2. Meee

Gold Member

LOL--you should write the word normal on a piece of paper and burn it. Aside from that, what you're talking about sounds very reasonable. The boyfriend and I don't live together, so we almost always have to make a date for sex. It makes us pay attention to it and appreciate it that much more.

3. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I think once or twice a week is nice. Sounds like you've got a good thing going there :)

4. Maverick

Maverick Member

My libido is to high for once a week, but I like the idea of a "scheduled" time. I'll try and find that maybe when I'm 50. ;)

5. tossalot

tossalot New Member

Whats normal for one isnt to the other! It can vary with us but if you said on average its once a week for full on sex. But sometimes we will just watch each other and play with ourselves. When kids arrive sex usually goes down the list of things in life. It gets worse when they turn in to teenagers and you never seem to have a quiet moment to yourself then chuck a toddler in to the mix and life is busy.

6. cbrmale

Gold Member

Once or twice a week wouldn't be enough for me, and when our children were young we did a combination of me helping my wife around the home when I could, and scheduling sex. I feel horny after about 2 or 3 days, so 3 times a week works for me.

7. hubbywubby

hubbywubby New Member

Yes I guess I'm lucky... Right now my wife has strep so looks like it will be a while... Ill nurse her back to health and i will ave to hold down the fort while she recovers. This is what happens when school starts. Homework kids get sick we get tired but we cant stop our weekly dates. Some may get reschudled.... Oh well it will make it that much better once we feel better and have the time

8. ellenrschloss

ellenrschloss New Member

it is awesome....

9. Maverick

Maverick Member

It is??? Why??? I'm still a virgin.

10. RideNaked2

Gold Member

Really DB???a virgin? :eyes

11. Maverick

Maverick Member

LOL....quite a lot of tongue in cheek on that post. Obvious troll. ;) Douchebag being a smart ass.

12. Paula

Gold Member

Do handjobs count in having sex?

@DB: you will lose count there :phat

13. hubbywubby

hubbywubby New Member

Yes as long as she is looking in my eyes :)

14. nyxx

nyxx New Member

thats cool. if you're happy with it, then its normal. my girl and i go at it whenever the opportunity arises. i find scheduling sex is kind of boring, i like the spontaneous moments. maybe when i have kids i'll understand the scheduling though.

15. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

yeah it's better unplanned then you're less likely to get disappointed if the set date doesn't happen. Yes to spontaneous sex :)

16. RideNaked2

Gold Member

TOTALLY agree!!!! :) :) :) :)

17. cbrmale

Gold Member

There are a couple of things about dates for sex, and one of them is they are binding. Either it's sex at the time, or agreement for another time. No is not an option. The other thing is that, before we lived together, we all had sex dates. We made a date, we went out together, we saw a movie or had a meal, and this was followed by sex. We've all done this. At the time it was good, so there's no reason why a date for sex after living together or marriage shouldn't also be good.

18. RideNaked2

Gold Member

I won't argue this point cbmale, this is good too and has been done in some aspect or another with T and I.

T is the type that needs more of a build up so we often don't have sex more than 2-4 times a week. Most not even that much just with everyday lives and our schedules (nothing really involving children as ours are grown now), I wouldn't mind more but I'm happy with what we have.

19. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Dates for sex are cool when you're in a relationship especially if it's a hey let's go here and do this one night "spice it up kinda deal". I just think spontaneous is better in the sense that there's no disappointment and the surprise factor is there.

20. backcheck64

Gold Member

After being with the ole ball and chain for 29yrs...2 to 4 times a week depending on schedules. Between work and the kids sports..... This is a bad week, late night at the ice rink with the kids hockey pratice Mon and Wed, I've got a lacrosse meeting out of town tonight, we have a funeral visitation Thur night out of town and funeral Fri, work event for my wife Sat......looks like an twice week....sucks but could be worse. Very rarely does illness stop us.