How often are you...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sensless, Oct 6, 2017.

1. sensless

sensless Well-Known Member

... angry, anxious, pissed off? I mean, how often does your heatbeat go up, because you're feeling bad about something in traffic, or something you've seen in the news, or something someone's told you, and other external inputs?

2. Lkmccr

Gold Member

Sometimes it seems like I’m constantly pissed off. I’m getting better at it, though. It doesn’t help with my hypertension. I’m working on calming down

CLE32793 and sensless like this.
  3. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Well....I've been a long time sufferer of anxiety issues (which I partially blame on the candida overgrowth), close to 30 years now so daily on a bad week a few times or none on a good one. I do yoga and try to meditate to control it and rarely take pills anymore. I do not watch or follow the news because that does upset me, even the animal articles on FB I unfollwed because the abuse made me anxious (sperm donor hated animals and abused them as often as he could). I make it a point to avoid getting anxious when I can so I am proactive and will visit my happy place often. Sometimes it's so unexpected that it just happens anyway.

What about you senseless?

sensless likes this.
  4. DayPlay3

Gold Member

I am at one with the Universe

OMmmm

OMmmmmmmm....

Namaste Bitches
    :D

His woman, xtacy4, sensless and 2 others like this.
  5. Rhaenys

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Anxious, often. I have pretty awful anxiety and I have to take medication for it. Stuff like traffic or having to drive at all in general makes my blood boil, and a few other little things get me riled up sometimes because it's just in my nature. But I'm completely desensitized when it comes to the news, so at least I have that going for me ;)

CLE32793 and sensless like this.
  6. sensless

Sorry to know you have candida problems and anxiety. *hug*

Last time I fell in a "piss off" state about something was at the very beginning of September. I'm a very calm person. I've been through horrible situations in life and after each one of them, I've worked to never more find myself down.

The main action was moving away from family. My family depresses me. For instance, last time I felt bad, my father was here and he was the cause. Next time I'll feel bad, it will be in April, because my mother is coming. In the meantime, I feel mildly bad when they call. But they don't call often.

Thank you for asking. :)

CLE32793 and Lkmccr like this.
  7. xtacy4

Gold Member

I have the patience of a saint....a blessing and a curse! So it takes quite a bit to get me fired up or anxious.

8. JacksinBucks

Gold Member

I rarely am anxious or get pissed off. I've had some unfortunate experiences in my life but now recognize the following principles:

-Everything happens for a reason, so why worry about it?
    -You can't change the past
    -Enjoy what you have now because youth is fleeting
    -No one gets out of here alive

9. BeBop

Gold Member

I don't need any external input to get me upset or anxious. I have several different anxiety disorders of varying severity, so if there's nothing outside of me prompting anxiety, then my brain will manufacture something. Even if you put me in a "zero stimulus" situation, then my brain will continue to be anxious - simply without focus or source. On a scale from 1 to 10 (with 1 being anxiety-free), I operate at about an 8.5 at most times. Take that off the charts if I'm going into a large or high-pressure social situation. (This makes my work hilariously counter-intuitive.) So, anxiety is a foregone conclusion in my life.

sensless likes this.
  10. SexyFantasyGirl

Gold Member

hardly ever, in a good mood 99% of the time

Throbber and sensless like this.
  11. sensless

I agree with a lot of what you say.

However, I think bad things happen by freaky hazard, or because we allowed them to. Many of the bad things happening to us come as consequence of bad decisions we've taken. Even when it comes to health issues, we can improve our odds of avoiding them if we eat right and exercise, avoiding a sedentary lifestyle.

Unfortunately, even doing everything as best as we can, hazard may still find us with a hammer in its imaginary hand.

I'm just sharing my thoughts. I'm not saying anyone should share my opinion.

12. sensless

Wow, B. That can't be easy to deal with.

Though I don't believe much in counseling, I have to ask if you've tried some therapy. Or something like yoga. Did you try?

Now that you're exercising a lot, was there any improvement?

13. Mikey22

Gold Member

Different things trigger my anxiety. Usually dumb ass ignerant people at work, would be the biggest factor. But other things also creates anxiety for me. Today's anxiety was coming home from work. It was close to lunch time. So I thought I would stop and get a hamburger. The drive through was backed up. Causing a little anxiety. So I go inside. And because the drive through was backed up. The rest of the place was backed up also.

And it was full of damn kids, screaming there heads off. So I just turned around and left. Instead of a hamburger I stopped at the store for a six pack of beer and a bag of chips.

I got home. To find my yard trashed from fallen leaves, and sticks. Last weekend I worked my ass off, cleaning up the yard. I'm not home every day to see it gradually get fucked up. So when I get home, the place is a Fucking mess. Stress level goes up. But with a storm coming tonight and tomorrow, there's no point in messing with it this weekend.

Other things that create anxiety.
    Daughters cats tearing up the house.
    Wife complains about not enough money, but she's to lazy to get off her ass and get a job.
    Politics on the news.
    I'll give the subject some more thought. I'm sure I can add to this list.

sensless likes this.
  14. mikehoncho18

Gold Member

Not an anxious person at all. Pretty laid back and calm. I can act quick if need to though

sensless likes this.
  15. cook74

Gold Member

My work is high paced and there is a lot of pressure. Service periods are all about yelling instructions from one end of the kitchen to the other and many chefs are often on edge. So when something goes wrong there is a lot of anger, including at my self if it was my error.

I have had a few issues with anxiety/depression lately... I have sought some counselling for it and have tried some meds since my separation from my wife about 6 months ago. I don't really like the meds though as it slows me down at work and makes it hard to stay sharp. Counselling does help however because it keeps me focused on what is most important, our child.

sensless likes this.
  16. JacksinBucks

Gold Member

I've had anxiety-related problems with depression starting with grade school & persisting through college & after. Counselling does help but be very careful with anti-depressive drugs. I was on Prozac for 2 weeks & felt fine, then one morning I was suddenly overcome with such a deep sadness that killing myself appeared the only answer. I've been on all the different classes of these drugs & only got the side effects rather than the supposed benefits. So now I stay clear of them.

I believe my basic problem is bipolar mania, where one day you're on a high & spending money to buy things that you can neither need or afford, and the next day be down & depressed over what you did to yourself. Bipolar mania is closely linked to anxiety & depression.

One psychologist suggested trying different anti-convulsive drugs. These are intended to treat people with epilepsy but in many cases of bipolar they have a positive effect without negative side effects. The first I tried was sodium valproate, but that did nothing. The next I tried was gabapentin. Starting does is 300 mg/day but when I would get in a mood cycle I would take more & the bad feelings would go away like magic. Now I'm prescribed 600 mg/day but only take 400 mg unless I feel a mood swing coming on, then I take the extra. It is like a sugar pill but works for me. You might check it out with your doctor.

sensless likes this.
  17. BeBop

Gold Member

I do take several medications and have been in "talk therapy" off and on since I was about 13. It's only been through a lot of work on my end, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and now exercise that I've noticed a marked improvement to "functional" from "barely keeping afloat."

sensless likes this.
  18. privatepartner

Gold Member

This question just pisses me off
    Does that explain it?

sensless likes this.
  19. privatepartner

Gold Member

I keep forgetting to use the emojis ;)

sensless likes this.
  20. sensless

You've mentioned kids screaming. One of the things I do to keep myself happy is to leave a place as soon as I see children in it.

Yesterday, for instance, I was swimming laps and had a lane all to myself. Then I've noticed a young person started swimming on the same lane. I've moved to another one where there were only adults swimming.