How much sex do people in long distance relationships have?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by skinnyminnie, Jul 9, 2012.

1. skinnyminnie

Gold Member

I have been in a long distance relationship for a little over a year. We see each other on average, once a month. We talk on the phone once a day and text or Skype the rest of the time. My question is: How much sex is normal when long distance? My boyfriend thinks we do not have enough. If he is here 7-10 days, we have sex about 4 times. If he is here 3 days, we have sex twice. I think this is reasonable. I do not feel especially hyper about having sex with him as soon as he walks in the door. I'm just wondering if other people are all over each other the entire time or not because I don't feel like having any more sex than when we lived in the same city.

Note: We never have sex with other people. He never masturbates. I masturbate on a semi-frequent basis.

2. OverSinged

Gold Member

Well there's your problem, he comes in horny as all hell, and you masturbate some to keep from getting to that state.

I'd just tell him to jack off when you're apart *shrug*

3. skinnyminnie

Gold Member

Maybe but something tells me there is more to it than that

4. EarthboundEnigma

Gold Member

Nonstop whenever you can in my experience.

5. JustNotSure

JustNotSure New Member

There's no normal amount of sex to have when you're in a long distance relationship. But as for him not masturbating - I'd say that's definitely a factor especially when you only see each other once a month!

My boyfriend and I probably have sex about 4-5 times over a space of a weekend when we are visiting each other and sometimes only twice. It's a matter of what you fancy. You can't give it to him when he wants it all the time, it needs to be on your terms too.

Definitely tell him to just have a wank every once in a while when you're apart.

6. skinnyminnie

Gold Member

I think that would help but he does not believe he should have to masturbate because he is in a relationship. He says it's just not the same and has no desire to do it. So I guess he will just be horny sometimes because I can't make myself do it when I'm not in the mood. It doesn't really work out.

7. Clintriprock

Gold Member

My wife and I fucked 5 to 7 times a DAY for a year and a half during our one every 2 to 3 weel visits. Once a day for the first year of marriage now a comfortable 3 to 4 times a week. I wore her pussy out so now I'm cut off to a more "normal" agenda.

8. skinnyminnie

Gold Member

Well maybe we are "normal" because we have been dating over 5 years now. 3/4 times a week seems reasonable to me...

9. JustNotSure

JustNotSure New Member

That's unreasonable for him to say that he doesn't have to masturbate because he's in a relationship. Explain that to him and he should understand. You've been together for long enough for him to understand that it's a give and take. You definitely should not have to compromise when you're not in the mood.

10. skinnyminnie

Gold Member

I agree but I have tried to convince him and he refuses to masturbate. I think it is unfair to make him wait but I can't force myself. At this point in our relationship, it is probably a thing we will never agree on unless he decides he wants less.

11. pawg69lover

pawg69lover New Member

First off if he tells you that he never masturbates then he's full of shit! lol Second you might want to amp up the sex frequency a bit...after all it shows how much he desires you and finds you attractive after all...

12. skinnyminnie

Gold Member

No, he really doesn't masturbate. I know it's hard to believe but I lived with him for quite some time and he just doesn't. If he did, there would be no reason to lie about it. I couldn't care less because I do and always encourage him to but he just isn't into it.

13. brit

brit New Member

I was in a long distance relationship awhile back and we only saw each other for actual sex a few times that year...we enjoyed phone sex and masterbating together on skype a few times a week so by the time we saw each other we were nuts for actual contact so we fucked like rabbits everynight and just enjoyed our time together during the day.