how many sexual partners makes a person a slut?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by happy, Jul 12, 2007.

?

how many partners constitutes a "Slut"?

1. 5-10

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  2. 11-16

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 17-22

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. 23 or more

20 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. happy

happy Banned

This is an on-going discussion with one of my friends thats a girl. This answer is purley based on the final number or amount of men in her whole life--excluding reasons why she slept with them and all other varibles.. Just the final number. You may put a number down for men if you like also.
    5-10
    11-16
    17-22
    23 or more
  2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid Gold Member

I don't think it's a total number that makes one a slut, male or female.

3. happy

happy Banned

thats why i made this poll. so its purely number statistical
  4. Barbwire

Barbwire Gold Member

Photos:
    This is the most disgusting and repulsive poll I've seen posted here. Who are you to judge ANY girl regardless of who she has slept with?
  5. lifespoetry

lifespoetry New Member

I don't number wise matters anymore, especially in this day and age (never mattered to me) it's the initial intentions surrounding it, and this goes for male and female.
    If you are doing it because you think it's cool and something to just do then yes that's slutty to me.....penis or vagina!:ugh
  6. melicious

Uhm, if the number of sexual partners you've had is always right and known, AND you're proud of the fact that it takes two hands.... you might be a slut. Now, the number of lovers I've had takes more than one hand. It might take more than two. The intention behind every one was far more than a count or a story.
  7. happy

happy Banned

Whoa, you can calm down right now. im not judging anyone this is purely for my own thoughts. If i come out and ridicule you as a slut then you can bash me. till then, hush.
  8. sexisgood

sexisgood New Member

My bro asked me the same question.

I simply responsed by saying that slut had a negative meaning, being aslut is "bad", further meaning a certain number would mean the person was no good.

So, the answer is, there is no number.

We are all different, and all our qualities, experiences, make us more or less likley to sleep with someone.

For example,
    Does confidence, view of our body, etc make us more/less likley to have sex? Of course.
    Does being religious affect it? I would say so.
    Does intelligence play some part? I would say YES as well. Not neccesarily academic intelligence. But some people are just more naturally naive (based on experiences)
    Difference in sexual appetite? Of course. Some people feel like having it all the time, some almost never. We are just born that way.

I can go on and on and on. The point is we are all very unique and to suggest that just because someone has a lot of sex partners makes them a slut is kinda ridicilous. Especially since it is viewed as negative.

My biggest worry is not so much about a person having lots of sex, it is instead the reasons why. I mentioned some of those reasons and none of those were all that worrisome. But what if you have sex because you have gained an emotional addiction. You feel that you need it all the time and it is the only thing that you want in life. Maybe you never got love as a child or what not, and you feel the need to justify yourself as important by giving yourself easily. Thats problematic because it sounds like addiction and addiction is always a problem.

Otherwise I say, get rid of the word.
  9. melicious

Okay now, an opinion was asked for and given.
  10. melicious

This is the exact response from my good friend.... "I think if you are sleeping with multiple partners with no care for health, safety, or emotional concern then you are a slut."
  11. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix Gold Member

In my opinion numbers have nothing to do with whether a woman is a slut. It's more about what sex means to her. If she uses sex to get what she wants out of men--whether it's jewelry, clothes, cars, or a nice apartment--then that is slutty behavior.
  12. melicious

Seems there are enough people who think it DOES have a specific number..... sigh. I hope your research is helpful.
  13. Bella

Bella Gold Member

I think it is how you carry yourself that makes or doesn't make you one!
    Just my opinion though! :)
    ~Bella
  14. charlie-50

charlie-50 New Member

SlUTS!!! where ?

in my opinion the girls only a slut if im one of the guys she hasnt slep with. lol
  15. Barbwire

Barbwire Gold Member

Photos:
    sexisgood, thank you for saying what I didn't bother to take the time to say. To me, "slut" is a derogatory term that is used by someone wanting to judge or put a label on woman that has had more parnters then they think is "acceptable".

Shit, I can't seem to be able to get out, in words, the thoughts in my head. I guess what I'm saying is, "slut" is an ugly word and I find it offensive. Oh, and NO, I have never, to my knowledge, been called a slut, so that is not why I am so touchy about the term.
  16. melicious

I don't blame ya, CL. I'm not a fan of the term either. Not up on my verbiage either. Sigh.
  17. JLowe

JLowe New Member

Lets be honest. if you know a certain girl has had uncountable sexual partners, then you're probably thinking shes a slut whether you come out and say it or not. Even if a girl openly talks about sex in front of more than one guy, she's usually deemed a slut/whore.

ALTHOUGH, before i get flamed, I want to make it clear that I don't agree with this line of reasoning, or the double-standard surrounding it, but its simply the way the world works. You wont hear me calling any girl a slut, because I know that im worse or at least as bad as any of them.

Also, I believe(male or female) you can have more than one sexual partner and not be a "slut". It's like a previous poster said, its all about intentions.

With that being said, If you've slept with ten+ people(maybe less, maybe more, argument's sake...), do you honestly think that each one was for good reason? I'm willing to bet that anyone whos slept with that many people, no matter the age, has at the very least fooled themselves into thinking they loved them, or were like me, and looking for a "fix".
  18. Halogen

Halogen New Member

I don't like calling anyone a slut. The amount of people that one has slept with is really none of mine or anyone else's business.
  19. Brick

Brick New Member

The answer is 83.
  20. Brick

Brick New Member

Wait, maybe it's 42.

:D