How many confidants do you have?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by aussiebloke, Sep 1, 2007.

1. aussiebloke

aussiebloke New Member

I was reading Cowboy Lover's recent thread and it got me thinking about peoples' support networks. You know, friends who you can call up when you have any kind of sexual/relationship personal problem and just say "I need help. Lets talk."

So my question is, how many confidants like that do you have? How big is your network of support?

2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Very very very small. :(

3. Pride

Pride New Member

lol...1

4. Clark

Clark Member

zero.

There's stuff about me I won't even post here.

It's an awful feeling.

5. aussiebloke

aussiebloke New Member

Hmmm. Maybe some definition of confidant is needed. Because I mean there are also some things about me that I wouldn't post here or tell anyone. But on the other hand I would consider myself to have a large number of confidants who I could go to for personal advice/getting stuff off my chest. But yea I guess some things are REALLY personal aren't they.

Edit: I think I would call someone a confidant if I could go to them about a troubling emotional/relationship/sexual situation; problems with a partners, family or just individual personal/internal issues.

6. trixie

trixie New Member

I have one friend that I can tell absolutely anything to, she's great. And then there are about 5 or 6 other people who I call on in times of trouble/stress/whatever. I know it sounds really cheesy, but I feel blessed to have the friends I have, they mean the world to me. :eek:

7. scorpio_nymph

scorpio_nymph New Member

there's only 1 i can be absolutely, completely 100% straight with and tell anything to without fear of being judged. then there's about 2 others i can probably confide about 90% of things to.

8. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

I have one person that i would want to talk to but sadly he doesn't tend to want to listen! I tend to just deal with any problems i have on my own, and i can usualyy make some sense of them this way.

9. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

You have plenty of people right here that
    you can say anything to. And some of us try to be helpful

Hiker

10. LuciousLover

LuciousLover New Member

0 --- but I've got a very complicated sex life................

11. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

Let's see, all of you here. Several other groups on the net and most important a million or so members in a 12 step program.:lol

12. cbrmale

Gold Member

People tend to confide in me, but I don't know of many I would confide in myself, probably two or three for relationship issues. My sex life and sexual history is very complex, so like Luciouslover I doubt if I would ever expose that side of me.

13. icu89109

icu89109 New Member

So far below zero I see penguins.

14. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Thank God for SF:sf...
    It would seem that many of us here have had our fair share of dramas over time and lets face it, sex orientated type stuff is not the sort of thing you can talk to just anyone about.
    For me, joining SF:sf opened up a whole new world of discussion about the subject and being able to read posts, give answers and see so many other peoples take or points of view on so many different subjects has been such an eye opener.
    I have become very close to so many people here on SF that it has become my most popular site.
    During recent times I have documented problems of my own which are still ongoing....it was during these that another member invited me to talk with her via messenger....something that Id never done before:nerv
    After setting up the computer for this, we began conversing, her with her problems and me with mine....it was just so refreshing, just being able to speak with someone who really seemed to care.
    Unfortunately, due to our different time zones, my time with her has been limited and I treasure every minute...she has helped me more than she realises.....
    And for that...I am truly grateful.:bow

15. cook74

Gold Member

A small group of very special and close friends from childhood that I love like family but can confide in a lot more than my conservative folks. I'd be lost without these people.