How long?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by MissDreamy, Jan 13, 2011.

1. MissDreamy

MissDreamy New Member

Hey guys :)

I split with my boyfriend a couple of months ago and although I still get horny, I know I am not ready to be with another man yet.

Obviously I can just get myself off for now, but I honestly can't at this point see a time when I'd want to be intimate with someone else :ugh

My question is, how long until I will be able to see myself being with another guy?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I'm pretty new here and not sure how it all works lol :)

2. DarkJewel

DarkJewel New Member

If you are still in love with the ex at all,it will take time to get over those feelings...so it's understandable not being able to see yourself with someone new just yet.
    I think you will be ready when you meet someone who you really like...and that just happens on it's own.

3. MissDreamy

MissDreamy New Member

I think you're right.

I do still love him. I know I shouldn't, but I do.

I need to get it in to my head that it's never going to happen though and then I can get back in the saddle so to speak :lol

4. backcheck64

Gold Member

Don't know what to tell you, when I was dating, I was usually dating several at a time so if one left, I had a nother 2 or 3 to take up the slack. My senior year I was dating 6 at once. I married the only one I ever loved (besides myself LOL). Still married and plan on staying that way. I say get back on the horse, it might help you stop thinking so much about him. A distraction if nothing less.

5. GreyGoose

Gold Member

I don't think anyone can put a time on when you will be ready to move on. I know when I was younger my ex broke my heart and next day I was sleeping with a friend. Before my girl and I now got real serious we took a break and I did not move on and felt I could not luckily wetalked and worked things out and have been together ever since. You need to fill your day and mind with other things, hobbiesor talkin to friends or a nice email from across the pond lol. Well be strong and you will be fine and move on your time and your own pace.

6. Trond

Gold Member

I think this is very true. I once had serious problems getting over a girl that I was in love with. It did not get better until I found a new crush. Suddenly, the "old" girl seemed completely irrelevant.

MissDreamy: Perhaps taking a more active interest in the guys around you will make you get over your ex quicker?