How Long Should Sex Last?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by singlemale86, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. singlemale86

singlemale86 New Member

I was wondering, when couples have sex how long should it last for. I mean in one night.

I'm not real up on the process exactly, being a virgin and all (still waiting for marriage folks). Anyways, I know it starts with the foreplay etc. but then what?

Somebody should probably walk me through it, and it probably should be a woman. I'd like to know the proper way to do it, don't want to rush these things...

First off, how long should the foreplay last? How long (on average) would you speculate that it takes for a woman to be fully turned on to have intercourse?

Next, how does it build up exactly? I know you don't just start hammering away (pardon the terminology). Are you supposed to start very slowly and work up to the point where you're really getting into it?

And lastly, once you start intercourse, how long should it last for. I know guys can probably climax in about 30 seconds it the situation was right (heck, any situation could probably work). But how about the woman. How long should you have intercourse before a woman is "properly" stimulated and can climax.

When people say they had sex "many times" in one night, what exactly does that mean? Does it mean that they orgasmed many times (one after the other)? Or does it mean that they orgasmsed, waited a while, then began having sex again in like 15 or 20 minutes after the first orgasm?

Exactly how long (again, on average) should one session of intercourse last for. I've heard stories of people lasting for hours, some lasting for only several minutes. How many times should you have sex in one night? How many orgasms should the woman have before its time to quite (personal preference i guess). How many should the guy have (if he can have more than one)?

Thanks for the tips folks,
    Cheers

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I'm not sure if there's a definitive answer to that question. Realistically sex should last as long as it takes for both partners to be satisfied, and that figure can vary considerably. Some people need only a few minutes and others need hours. It just depends.

3. Dreama

Gold Member

Sex is an art, not a science, and it differs from person to person. Sex for you, fits your needs and wants, and for a couple, it should combine. So, who is to say what is right for you and your partner? Nobody but you both.

4. cbrmale

Gold Member

There isn't a yes and no answer to this, it depends on the couple, the night and the mood you are in. Sometimes a quickie can be fun.

Realistically, when guys talk about pounding intercourse for hours, it's like what? This stuff is worse than penis size, honestly! I will be specific here and say that pounding away (and away and away and away and away) for an hour or so without a break would be

(a) boring
    (b) exhausting to both partners
    (c) make your partners vagina very sore
    (d) make your own penis very sore
    (d) fanciful

A realistic target for intercourse after a bit of experience would be five minutes up to several minutes or more, but don't be worried if it takes a bit of practice to last that long.

Sex is all about pleasure and sharing and being in the moment and enjoying everything that is happening for that moment. For a virgin (and I personally have a thing about men and women waiting for marriage, to me it is an extremely bad move), the only thing you can do is start at the beginning with the basics and get more adventurous as your experience and confidence grows.

5. eandvk

eandvk Member

Theres no time limit on how long things should last...sometimes things last longer and other times not so long.Ive been with my wife for over 9 yrs. now and each and every time we have sex its different....sometimes Ill cum quicker than other times and sometimes she will orgasm fast...and sometimes we will last alot longer...depends on our moods...if the kids are around..how the stress of the day was...how tired we are...all those things can also factor into how long we play!And every person is different....what length of time my wife enjoys or needs is not the same as any other womans time and needs....and the same goes for me and any men.

6. loveit247

Gold Member

That is the great joy of sex, it is so variable. Relax, you will learn as you go.

7. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

Wow, fantastic input! It's nice to hear a man be realistic and frank about sex. So many men make it sound as though their penis is a cross between a jack hammer and a battering ram, with never ending batteries to boot!

Cbrmale, you're dead on about enjoying the experience, and also, I will agree, staying a virgin until married is a bad move. My husband and I were virgins until we married, and I can see several reasons which it may have been better had we experimented a little beforehand both with eachother and the people we dated prior to eachother. I think we lucked out, as we work very well together, but as I raise my kids I don't think I'll discourage sexual exploration the way my parents did.
    By keeping my virginity until marriage I remained 'innocent' longer, but there are definite down sides to that as well.

8. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

SingleMale:
    Sex is like fishing, You can do it all day and all nite.
    just as long as you and your mate is enjoying it is what counts.
    Someone got fucking confused with sex.
    Sex can be giving her a good erotic massage that leads
    to intercourse and whatever else you do that leads to intercourse.
    My wife being an exhibitionist may wish to dress in hose and heels
    and a short mini skirt sans panties and go out shopping and to dinner
    its all part of the Sex Game Then home
    for an evening of sex that includes a lot of petting, oral and whatever
    That could last all nite.

If you are referring to just fucking, Well a few minutes to 1/2 hour
    depending on how hard you go at it.
    I personally don't endorse the wham bang thank you mam type
    of sex and I doubt that very many Women do.
    So incorporate many things into your sex:sf

9. dreamin_starz

dreamin_starz New Member

sex should last about a good 2 to 3 hours... i have gone for 4 hours one time but never again and unfortunately i dont speak to my partner anymore so sex to me last more or less 30 to 60 minutes

i think that just enough sex is wen both of u are saisfied and niether of u have the urge to keep goin becaz it happens to me alot that after sex i am completely done and satisifed but i still have the urge to keep goin.. and wen i dont fell that urge anymore is wen i kno i have had enough sex and like i said the only time that happen was that 1 time that we went for 4 hours...

10. singlemale86

singlemale86 New Member

Wow, 4 hours?!? I'm sure most guys would have a hard time stickin' around for than long. But, if it was what my future wife would want I'd give it my best shot. Of course four hours is a long time to last, especially if your a guy who hasn't had much experience with sex before.

Heck, i'm sure it's difficult in the first couple months of marriage (if you're both virgins) for the guy to not climax after a few minutes, let alone a few hours.

But this is the answer I was looking for. I didn't really want to hear stuff like "whatever works for you" or "until you're both satisfied". I wanted number values just to base my assumption on. Average time.

This is a good answer. Works for me,
    Cheers,
    Singlemale

11. dreamin_starz

dreamin_starz New Member

no... lol not 4 hours.. thats the longest ive gone but mind u stoppin to change positions and go to different places but that went on for four hours straight.. 2 - 3 hours would be the ideal time for intercourse to tkae place

12. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

Great Sex can last for hours, if you know your lover's body.

Bad sex can seem like hours, if you don't know your lover's body.

I touched on this in another thread, but...

I used to time myself when I first started having sex. Not on purpose, but sometimes I would glance at the clock before I started and by the time I was done, it was an hour or more of straight intercourse.

Then I really started to think I was a real stud, and I would cum and keep going for another 40 mins without stopping.

My g/f told me she never knew a guy who could do that (cum and keep going). So I thought it was a good thing, which it can be, only if you cum too fast by accident.

Well eventually she told me I need to cum faster. She basically said, "I cum 5-6 times within the first 20-30 mins and I'm all cummed out.. I just keep waiting for you to cum baby...you are just making me sore after that"

Once she had her first orgasm, the rest just flew quickly after that. Which I didn't know way back then.

So I realized that to be a better lover I had to learn when she had enough, then it was time for me to cum.

So I kept trying to find the balance between not lasting long enough, and going on too long. In fact, one time I cummed in maybe 10 mins and she looked at me and shook her head no..as in I need more..so she put me back in her and I kept going until she was satisified.

Now all this time later, I've learned how to read her body language, and when its time to finish up.

When you have great sex you will spend an hour and half or more just on foreplay.. kissing one another..giving oral, etc etc... then you may have sex for 20 mins.. and go right back to more foreplay. So it could easily last 2 1/2 hours or more.

But actual intercourse prob won't last much beyond 30 mins at a time, unless you have a lover who can tolerate more. Which you will learn by simply asking her.

13. slamd097

slamd097 New Member

when your junk falls off..then it was too long. If the other person is pissed when you leave..then it was too short..Keep going til they smile!!

14. mousse

mousse New Member

My girl told me that with her last boyfriend it seemed like hours. Of course this made me feel very competitive and so I started to time myself. Our longest together was an hour and thirty or so before I had to leave for work. Considering I was a virgin not long before that 2nd encounter, and had always thought the sensation would be too much to handle, I was proud of myself for lasting. When I told her how long we had been going for, I heard her say, "really? it didn't seem that long!"

At first I was a little offended and thought, "damn, how long did he go for?" I thought it was a mark of masculinty to last long and my pride was a bit wounded until she said, "I guess time flies when you're having fun". Or something along those lines...

Then I realized it wasn't about lasting so much as pleasing, because the last one just used her and didn't care about her at all. So to me it doesn't matter as long as she sounds genuinely happy afterwards.

That's how long it should last. =)

15. Emart

Emart New Member

Step 1: Search for info on this site for good technique
    Step 2: Go have sex 100 times

All your questions will be answered!

16. nudler

nudler New Member

there are a lot of factors that depend....it's not how long it lasts, rather how good it is for the other ppl involved.

17. Nobody

Nobody Member

I've had exciting passionate sex that has lasted as short as 15 minutes and as long as 2 hours.

I've also had mind and penis numbing sex that has lasted as short as 15 minutes and as long as 2 hours.

18. Elvis

Elvis Member

Everyone's right singlemale86, but you'll find out for yourself eventually.
    It's not something to worry about, it's one of the most natural things and practice can make nearly perfect.
    So get some practice!

19. Sexy Scholar

Sexy Scholar New Member

How long should sex last?

An eternity. That would be optimal.

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.