How long should I last?

Discussion in 'Sexual Foreplay and Techniques' started by JRPilot, May 8, 2007.

1. JRPilot

JRPilot New Member

This is actually a couple of questions....

My roommates always talk about when they bring back a girl from a party or they are with their girlfriend, they normally have sex for an hour or two. This may come off as utterly pathetic and stupid, but does this mean he's actually having penatrative intercourse for 2 hours, or he is doing foreplay and having vaginal/penatrative/whatever intercourse for 2 hours.

Not sure how to word things on here but I guess here goes...

Normally when I put my dick in a girl's pussy, I can only last about 15 minutes max before I'm ready to ejactulate, and no matter what I try I can't actually "pound" for more than 15 minutes. So I guess it has me begging the question, does that mean when people talk about how long they are having sex they are considering the time from beginning the first kiss and foreplay to when finally ejaculating and pulling out of a girl?

I normally like foreplay and go at it for a while before sex and have no problem with pre-ejaculating but after hearing my friends have sex for an hour and I guess what I consider sex (just penatrative intercourse only) is 15 minutes I feel like there's something I'm missing on what to do. I also read a couple things saying you should only last 1 to 3 minutes which only made me more confused.

So can someone please enlighten me?

Probably ending a 5 month dry spell I've been on this weekend but before so I want to actually make sure I'm doing things right.

Thanks.

2. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Sadly many guys will lie a lot about their sexual encounters..some will lie about the size of their cocks, or about how many females they have had sex with, or how long they lasted..

more so when they are younger.
    I am not meaning all lie.

the 1-3 min penatrative sex thing confuses me to, because thats about just putting in pump pump pump cum...if i was a female i would be after a lot more than a few pushes and him cumming, id personaly feel unsatisfied.

Thing is from my point of view....enjoy foreplay and enjoy giving her body a full arousal for a good hour at the very least...then make love to her, and with me afterplay is great as well..and if you are able a second time or more will be a pleasure for her as well. ( it isnt a must though ) some females do not like to be overly stimulated...but for me i have been with females that very much enjoyed me continuing whilst they orgasmsed...pushing a little faster harder and deeper ...and them pulling out and using my tongue to bring them off again.and again...i love a female to be as aroused and pleasured as possible. because i love to give pleasure , and the more responcive she is the more turned on i get and the more erection i can get from that as well.

3. cbrmale

Gold Member

The one to three minutes is from the Kinsey survey of sex in the late 1940s, and that was the typical average time of intercourse in those days. We have moved on from there, and the average these days is around 7 minutes of continual unbroken thrusting intercourse.

I classify sex as sex, which means from the time we get together until the time we are spent. I don't believe in the word foreplay, as it is a throwback to the Christian prohibition on sexual pleasure. Many people feel likewise, so sex can last for hours and include long periods of oral on a girl so she gets lots of orgasms and so on.

4. CFriis

CFriis New Member

For some reason I stay hard after ejaculating, so I don't even have to last that long, I just need a condom that can take a few loads. I was actually surprised when I found out that the whole staying hard thing wasn't normal.

5. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Well i stil use the term foreplay...adn not because of some catholic reasoning....just because its a term used and i have no problems with it....

Foreplay/beforeplay/before you put it in play

6. Nettle

Nettle Member

15 mins of thrusting is pretty good in my book, but then my husband has never lasted very long.

Sex is not just penetration, and foreplay and after play all count, and that will be what your friends are talking about.

I once spent four hours in a hotel with a lover, I was amazed, I'd never spent that long making love. It was a mixture of kissing, taking it in turns giving and receiving oral, and in between times he would enter me and make love, then stop and do something else.

7. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

Agree guys stretch the truth. Hours of pounding would be a very sore pussy. Spend some time on foreplay and then 10-15 of continous deep thrusting is a great time if it's done right.

8. cbrmale

Gold Member

If someone were to ask me how long I had sex with my wife, I would naturally think of the entire encounter, I would not parcel it into discreet units (way too clinical).

9. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

The longest I ever lasted with my g/f was maybe a little over 20 minutes of penetration, but I have made love to her for hours.

Any guy who says they had intercourse for an hour is either lying, or has one very mad lover.

If your dick is avg. or above, you are going to make your lover so sore she will probably be pissed at you for days.

At some point (usually 30 mins or so) her juice is going to run out, and that isn't much fun for either of you.

10. SDAVIS

SDAVIS New Member

Brother, I'd be happy to last 15 minutes avery time and my wife would be thrilled. Unfortunately, I am struggling with this, and although it has improved and some times are better than others, mine is more like 2-3 minutes. I have lasted 20-30 at times but that does tend to dry her out and make her sore. I know people say it's all mental, but when that great sensation is felt at my dick going in and out of her, it just reaches a point where I can;t hold it, especially when she is making lots of noise. What do you ladies think about the stop and restart approach? She has not been receptive to trying that because she says it ruins her pace.

11. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

My ancestor fought in the Revolutionary War. They were Minute Men too.:lol

12. RubyRed

RubyRed New Member

I guess that makes me a mad lover then. Woohoooo!

That's what lube is for, sweetie.

Pissed? More like reliving those fond memories for days;)

13. Mr Johnson

Mr Johnson New Member

When me and my fiance started dating, I could last anywhere from an hour to two hours, seriously. We used lots of lube, I lost some weight lol. Now its mostly 15-30 minutes of actual penetration. We are both still very happy with our sex life.

14. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

You mentioned that they are coming home with girls, I assume they are drunk when they are? After enough booze it doesn't work quiet right and can last that long. I would think most girls would end up chaffing after that.

15. Pride

Pride New Member

this is what im usually like...not always tho but most times im able to ejaculate and stay hard and if i keep getting stimulation then i can stay hard for quite sum time after....and it takes a lot time but i will beable to come again...but it can exstend how long i last overall

16. Dreama

Gold Member

Being sore helps to relieve the situation. I like being a bit sore, and if it's been an especially sexcellent day, being very sore isn't so bad. Who cares if I walk bowlegged for a day or so?:p

17. sexaholic

sexaholic New Member

Ok first read here:

http://www.sexualforums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=9033

As a man, you can 'last' for as long as you want. It's not a myth. It is totally doable. You want to do an hour? You can. You want to do five? You can. If you learn how to do male multiple orgasms, no problem.

Thing is, there's no way you're going to be penetrating for two hours straight. Just no way. Every woman is different, true, BUT after 40-50 minutes:

a) boredom sets in
    b) it's true, your partner may not want to take it anymore since it can get a little sore
    c) you can and will get sore too not to mention you will be a bucket of sweat, and she may be too

That's not to say you shouldn't make love for longer. You can do it for a day, pretty much if you want, but it's gonna have to vary between foreplay (fingering, oral sex, maybe sex toys, etc.), caressing, kissing, etc. Another good idea is to incorporate massage into sex, as that can be extremely erotic.

Straight penetration for two hours? Why would you even want to?

18. cbrmale

Gold Member

I am glad someone posted this one! Penetration is nice for both, but longer is not always better, and there is such a thing as too long (or way too long).

19. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

I agree, continuous pounding for extended period of time is not great. We like things to be around 10-15 minutes of firm intercourse. Any more then that and she's really trying to get me to finish and ends up sore.

Tantric sex or senual type sex is a different thing and can extend longer because it's slower trusting.

20. WellEndowed

WellEndowed Member

In my experiences, women tend to like the 15-25 minute lasting sex. As said before, they can get worn out and even sometimes bored or lose their "wetness", which can in turn affect the male as well.

Honestly, and i was in ur position when i was a little younger too, the more you over think and pick the subject apart, the worse you will be. Just relax, and try not to think about how long you are lasting; you will enjoy your sex much more. This is a hard thing to do since our minds are always racing and over analyzing, but with enough experience and training, you should overcome it.