how long is too long to wait?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by fstep, May 14, 2007.

1. fstep

fstep Banned

well i'm 25 and up till now i pretty much just dated girls i met at clubs/bars in high school and college i dated the really slutty/soro girls, etc and the longest any girl has ever made me wait to have sex was roughly 3 weeks this is including virgins and that was back in high school

now this girl i've been dating for over 7 weeks who i really do like is just not putting out hell i haven't even got head from her yet and i'm trying hard not to cheat because i like her more then any girl i've met in years (which is also a first for me) and she constantly says she wants to get serious, how much she likes me, and all that stuff

now i know to some people 7 weeks may not seem like much but to me its like 10x longer then anything i've been used to in recent years and i am a very sexual person like i've had booty calls on a regular basis which i decided to put aside while i was with her .. i know she has had sex with 2 guys before (she's 21) so its not like she's waiting till she gets married or we so at what point does it become too damn long and whats a good way to approach the situation with her?

2. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

If you are 25 why does your profile say 27 ?

What age are you really ?

3. heelfetish

Gold Member

It's time for you to make a decision. Are you looking for a long-term girlfriend, or are you looking for sex?

4. sexaholic

sexaholic New Member

Oh man, what a bad name you give to guys, as if all you care about in a relationship is sex (says the guy named sexaholic, but I'm serious)!

5. Brad

Brad New Member

Perhaps she's heard about your history...

and is worried that she might be just a short term conquest for you.

If she's looking for a deep long term relationship she might want to wait a while until she is confident that you are willing and wanting to reciprocate those feelings.

I don't think that there is black and white answer as to "how long is too long to wait?".

In your situation it might be better to focus on the usual types of girl you that you describe.

6. isthatright

isthatright New Member

Don't rush it

7. Eating Pussy

Eating Pussy New Member

If it's "hard to not to cheat" after seven weeks, then you're not ready for a serious relationship.

8. Animularisen

Animularisen New Member

I've rushed the first two relastionships ive had with sex...
    I don't regret it coz i dont regret things i cant change... but i wished i had waited
    I'm happy in my second relastionship and i always wonder would it of been the same if i had not fucked him so early in...?
    I know that "IF" we do break up im making the next guy wait at least a month!...

9. HouseHunny

HouseHunny New Member

It seems as if you are just focused on the sex. She can probably sense that and is why she is not putting herself in a situation to get hurt. Then you are also comparing this relationship to your flings. Sounds like you are not ready to get serious. Many girls will not put out unless they see a potential for that relationship to turn into a loving long term one.