[Ask a Girl] How long is long enough? (time wise)

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by CaliSmooth, May 28, 2012.

1. CaliSmooth

CaliSmooth New Member

So when I'm having sex, after about 15 minutes, I go into "my zone" as I call it and after that point, cumming isn't really a concern. That's when I amp it up a bit and all that. Sometimes this goes on for like an hour, sometimes 2. Usually between there. I usually have to have her suck me off, or stroke or whatever. Idk why, it all depends on the mood too I guess.

None the less, do you ladies have a time preference? After a certain point, do you become concerned as to why the guy hasn't come yet? I try to explain it to my partner, but I feel she thinks she isn't doing her job. I don't want to hurt feelings. Help?

2. octavius

Gold Member

Marathon penetration sessions aren't always a good thing. I've "made love" all night long but most of that me enjoying my partners body in other ways other than penetration. Massaging her body, kissing, playing with my hands, licking and kissing erogenous zones, giving her oral etc. She would have to have the time and be in the mood for that. Thirty minutes to an hour I think would be a good time frame for penetration. I think a better answer is read your partners body signals. Women are capable of multiple orgasms but that doesn't mean you can just pound away forever. Ideally your going to cum before she becomes exhausted and is less and less able to participate and enjoy the sex act and while she is excited and able to enjoy your throbbing member when it is at its best (last 2-3 minutes before you cum).

3. JonJo

Gold Member

I can go into a 'zone' after too long (about 15 mins) in the same position but I find going into another brings me back 'on track'.

I can (usually) last as long as it takes but I haven't had any partner who liked it to last much longer than 20 minutes, without her having an orgasm, or they've gone into their 'zone'.

Had one partner whose previous partner never came from penetration and she hated it because knowing it wasn't to happen totally 'put her off', stopped her having an orgasm and she just finished up being tender/sore.

4. cbrmale

Gold Member

A study about 18 months ago showed average intercourse duration for couples was 6 to 7 minutes, ideal intercourse duration for women was 7 to 13 minutes and anything longer than 13 minutes was too long. In fact 3 minutes was preferable to 30 minutes, and most women rated 3 minutes as being acceptable and 7 minutes as ideal (and 30 minutes as being unacceptable).

So that's your mark: 7 minutes or maybe a bit longer.

5. hoonos

hoonos New Member

I can get my lady off the first time in about four minutes. Quicker if oral is provided.
    As I age, it takes me somewhat longer for myself, often ten to twelve minutes, or not at all in some cases.

6. connorSTONE

connorSTONE New Member

Cumming is 99% mental. From my experience it stops feeling good for her after the fourth or fith orgasm.

7. CleaverFace

CleaverFace New Member

I find it's a bit hard to make me cum unless I'm working at it, so I often get a partner who just lays there and watches me pep-talk my dick while I angrily thrust at her. I've only had one occasion where somebody else made me cum and it was magical, I just wish it would happen again.

I've had sexual encounters that have lasted too long. Around 10 minutes of full on penetration seems to leave most gals happy.

8. luvitdoggystyle

luvitdoggystyle New Member

Ten to fifteen minutes of penetration seems to work best for both of us. If we get closer to twenty minutes, she is getting sore, and it becomes a turn-off for both of us.

9. Meee

Gold Member

The time just flies. But really, about 20 minutes. But that's 20 minutes of penetration that's part of about 2 hours of everything else.

Sometimes he can tell he's going to go for an hour or two. That's fine, but we mix it up a lot--change positions, try different things, angles, strokes, and so on. Two hours of just pumping away would be very uncreative.

10. mrsbedwetter

mrsbedwetter New Member

I've enjoyed anything ranging from 15-45 minutes of penetration in different positions, but anything beyond that the return diminishes...

11. CaliSmooth

CaliSmooth New Member

Thanks for all the feedback! Yeeah, I was mainly concerned with the actually penetration part. She isn't a fan of swallowing, and likes me to finish in her, on her, that type of thing. I love going down, and foreplay is my forte lol. I'll experiment with different strokes and positions. Thanks!

12. Sexyforhim

Gold Member

I like 10-20 mins on average. But when I really want to keep going maybe a hour maybe longer. If he cums I just break out the vibe and use it while I blow him.

13. Slipikins

Slipikins New Member

What do you mean!? What did that "one" do that was so different that you give her the credit for making you cum...but all the others it was of your own accord?

You've left me confused...but smiling @ "pep-talking" your dick. lol!