How long have you been with your partner/

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Black_Magic83, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Black_Magic83

Black_Magic83 Member

husband/wife etc??

Over time, has the sex waned?

Do you have children?

I am just interested because people say that the longer you are together, the sex starts to dry up and get boring?

For me, I have been with my bf for 2 1/2 years and the sex has never got boring, he asked me if I was satisfied and I said of course I was, then wondered why he would ask.

The sex you are currently getting, is it the best you have had or do you reminisce about times with a previous lover?

2. RideNaked2

Gold Member

T (RideNaked here on SF) and I have been together for a little over 10 years. We have gone through times when sex was more of a "have to" then a "want". I believe that the times when it was a "have to" was due more to stress in our lives at the time. Now the kids are grown and moved out. Since then we have been more vocal about our needs and wants, roll playing more. Just stepping out of our comfort zone much more. I don't think that in the time that we've been together that sex has ever been bad or not as pleasurable, just not a frequent is all. Now we have the whole house to ourselves and we indulge as often as well as wherever we like :)

We do talk about the sex we've experienced in our past relationship, however, it's more letting each other what our likes, dislikes and loves are than comparing or reminiscing about it.

Hope this answers your questions.

3. Black_Magic83

Black_Magic83 Member

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I am generally fascinated about sex in relationships and trying to ascertain if there are factors why it would wane.

Most people say that when you pass the 'honeymoon' phase thats it, the sex goes down dramatically.

When I was with my ex, it was mainly me initiating sex and I was constantly getting knocked back and it really took its toll on my confidence. I began to thing something was wrong with me. I think it could have been the age difference. I was in my mid 20s and he was in his mid 30 (11 year age difference).

4. shortylikesitrough

shortylikesitrough New Member

I've been with my bf for 10.5 months, so I guess we're still kinda in the beginning stages compared to everyone on here. But the sex is still amazing, and we still have sex regularly.

5. wht1zzfe

wht1zzfe New Member

6 years, not married. Sex has always been once a month at most.

6. Maestro

Maestro New Member

I've been with my wife for about 2 years. We are certainly beyond the honeymoon stage, we have a 7 year old daughter (from her previous marriage) and there is a 9 year age difference.( I'll be 22 in less than a month and she'll be 31 in 3 months )

The sex has not waned at all. In fact, she is the most sexually ferocious and exploratory woman I've ever been with. Are there weeks where the sex is slower than others, yes, but we certainly make up for it.

7. ranger12

ranger12 New Member

We have been together for almost 12 years, married for 10 years in March 2012. Our first date was August 14,1999. I am 34 and she is 33, and we are more in love now than ever...AWESOME

8. dukefan

dukefan New Member

The wife and I have been together for about six years, married going on four, known each other forever. In the beginning for about 18 months we were like rabbits. Now we are like a little older rabbits, usually 3-4 times a week. The all night fuck-a-thons are fewer, but the sex is just as good if not better than at anytime.

We have three kids between the two of us, and between work and the kids social calendar its just not possible for the old days.

9. igor

Gold Member

Been together 49 years.
    Yes, the sex has waned, mostly because of meds she is on and her mental state (alzheimers). We have 2 children now in their 40's.

Until a few years ago, while the sex was usually pretty much the same routine, neither of us considered it boring. It has been almost 2 years since the last time we had sex.

10. Meee

Gold Member

I've been with the boyfriend for over three years. We don't live together and we don't have children. We were our first for each other, and we're still making new discoveries about sex, so I'd say our sex life is still growing and it hasn't waned or gotten boring. I do think that the sex we're currently having is the best we've ever had.

11. bigpappi

bigpappi Member

Together 4 and a half years. Just hit the three year married mark. Sex a couple of times a week with oral thrown in a couple of times a week. Both averages...

12. HUMBLELOVE

HUMBLELOVE Member

20 years 3 kids and while sex was never rampant we are going through a bit of a dryspell.
    Sex has actually gotten better over the last 10 years, but less frequent. Maybe better is a poor choice of words maybe more adventurous and passionate is the correct word.

And although the pre-marital sex was great in a different way that the sex now is great, just much more infrequent, kinda hard to explain.

13. almostthere

Gold Member

Thirty years. Meet when she was 16. Married after ten years of "dating"
    been twenty fives years since I've hit something different.

14. almostthere

Gold Member

Sorry magic. As usual I didn't read the whole post.
    two kids, the sex has gone thru some phases. Its good now but not frequent enough. Things she did way back when are taboo now. I working on her though.

15. luvbug

Gold Member

I have been with my SO for 23 years *although I left him 5 weeks ago*

I got to where I didnt want sex with him and would come up with any excuse not to have it.

We have 1 daughter.

16. biggdaddy34

biggdaddy34 New Member

married 4 years one kid

17. 1hotmamma420

Gold Member

I've been with my hub (not "married" officially) since i was 16 and briefly @14. So 11-12 years. We have 3 kids.
    When we were younger it was adventerous, very kinky, everyday even couples times a day. But it has taken phases, due to everyday life. We still try to have something on the weekends. During the week is usually too busy. It is not the same as before. It is usually out of passion now, not so much lust as before. So I do think it is better now.

18. HUMBLELOVE

HUMBLELOVE Member

Luvbug sorry to hear that, hope all is well.

19. Essene

Gold Member

Approximately three years. Some time in October it'll be 3... if it isn't already.

I'm not one for celebrating things, besides St. Patrick's Day, so there has never been an exact day.

20. htoad

htoad Active Member

Bunnie and I have been together sexually over 30 years, married for over 27. We have kids but almost all are out of the house (hopefully for good :lol ).

The sex has gotten much better, but in my view that is because our relationship has gotten better. For example, in the beginning, the physical abilities were better - after all, we were horny college students and I could get hard at the drop of a hat :) - but we hadn't quite committed to each other on an emotional and trust level. After marriage the big dangers we fell into was taking each other for granted and not communicating. Once we addressed those, the sex really started getting better, and as the trust came back and grew things took out.

These days, while I may not have the same physical ability (or dashingly good looks) that I had when in college, our sex is much more fun, romantic, and trusting... and now that we almost have am empty nest, it is getting much easier to get back to the frequency of our college days.

We are also fortunate in that we have few financial worries (an area that impacts couples more than sex), so without those things on our mind it is much easier to focus on the sexual aspects of our relationship - something we both desire to do for as long as we can.