How long from penetration to orgasm

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by roksoc, Jul 4, 2007.

1. roksoc

roksoc New Member

Hey everyone just wondering how long it's from when you first penetrate/get penetrated till when you orgasm this question is for both men and women.

2. Flame_Tamer

Flame_Tamer New Member

A few things come into play here. When was the last time I have cum. Am I tired. How much time I have to work with. Is there any foreplay before hand or just straight up sex. Generally I will go about a 45 min or so.

3. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

5-20 minutes

4. Bluesy

Gold Member

Average time to orgasm for men: 3 min. Average time to orgasm for women: 11 min. Most women won't orgasm from vaginal penetration alone, btw.

5. JS1980

JS1980 New Member

10 to 15 minutes is average for me.
    I can go 20 minutes or so if we do three or four positions and thrust at a slow to moderate pace.

6. bandit

bandit New Member

Out of curiosity, where did you get these statistics? I find it hard to believe that the average man cums in 3 minutes unless he's a teenager! I'm in my 30s and I couldn't cum in 3 minutes even if I tried, although I do remember cumming pretty fast when I was 18-21.

My wife is the only woman I've slept with who can cum through intercourse alone, although sometimes a little clitoral stimulation makes it quicker. On average I'd say she cums around 7-8 minutes after first penetration, and then she gets on top and rides me for another 5-6 minutes until orgasm number 2. Usually I have no trouble lasting till she's had her 2 orgasms. Sometimes, if I haven't cum in a few days, she only gets one orgasm before I cum.

The above pattern has evolved after 6 years of sex. In the early days we used to make love for much longer, usually 15-20 minutes of foreplay followed by 30-40 minutes of penetrative sex. She didn't used to cum through intercourse back then, and when we did discover she could cum that way it used to take a lot longer. I guess over the years we've become more attuned to each other and can now satisfy each other much more easily. In a way it's a step backwards because the sex has become a little hurried, these days we hardly take the time to really "make love".

7. cbrmale

Gold Member

The three minute statistic is very old, late 1940s. There are a bunch of statistics around, but the typical range is 3 to (say) 10 minutes, with married guys typically lasting longer (say 5 to 10) while single guys last (say) 3 to 5.

Like most, I am in the around 10 minute range, and if I try to last much longer on a regular basis we both end up getting sore and having to abstain from sex for a while. There may be a reason why this is so for me compared to other men on the forum, you may be able to guess what it is.

Bluesy is quite correct, rarely do women come from vaginal penetration alone no matter how long the duration of thrusting.

8. Plums

Plums New Member

can't say i've ever clock watched ! it can be all too quick if there's been alot of teasing (visual or physical) before hand, it doesn't really worry me, if i get close and she's not already had her orgasms, then i'll whip it out and go eat ! i'd guess, if i had to, on regular, straight in, no messing intercourse, around 10 mins taking it easy, 5 mins bangin it home !

9. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

Varies. I tend to start slow and move up to vigorous thrusting. 10 to 15 minutes seems about right. Too long (30 minutes) and she gets sore.

#9 MikeDog, Jul 5, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  10. Tanya

Tanya New Member

Depends on how turned on I am.
    Sometimes a minute other times 20 minutes.

The good news is my lover, always makes me cum, if he is at the point of no return
    and I still am not there, he goes down on me to make sure I am trully satisfied.

11. Paulo UK

Paulo UK New Member

totally depends but on average 15 mins:brow

12. Barbwire

Gold Member

I don't come from penetration alone. My husband comes in less than a minute, more like 45 seconds most times. :(

13. bsydemyself

bsydemyself New Member

yeah im young dum and full of cum so not that long haha jk bout 20 mins if im calm

14. NawtyLilNymph

NawtyLilNymph New Member

I orgasm before he can get fully inside. Usually I have had several Os from oral before the penetrative sex begins,so the pot is already boiling.

15. Unquenchable

Unquenchable New Member

These statistics kinda depress me... Doesn't anyone else have sex for like 45 min to 2 hours? I also can't think of a time (barring sever time constraints) that whoever I'm with only has one orgasm.

16. FireGuy

FireGuy New Member

ours depends on position, if she's on top it can be 5 minutes for me. She has such great muscle control she could just sit there and get me off.

For her she can have an O in about 10 min if shes laying on her side one leg under me w/ the other leg over my shoulder.

Our regular average would be about 20 min, longer if changing positions regularly

17. Bluesy

Gold Member

Sue Johanson (famous sex therapist), and I know they get a lot of their statistics from the Kinsey Institute, which is an extremely reliable and reputable source of sex info.

18. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I could probably last for a couple hours if that was the goal, but my wife starts getting sore after around 20 minutes, so if I don't get off in that time frame I probably won't. (I start getting numb after awhile too.) Normally before we have penetrative sex she's already had at least one orgasm from oral. If not, then the sex might last a little longer until she has had one or more.

19. Redspades

Redspades New Member

I got a good control of myself..could last for around 20 mins without preservative..but again depends on how excited I am, how tired...If I smoked or not, if I drank or not..

Usual range of 15-20 mins.

If I got a condom on, I can cum whenever I want..but usually after 45 mins or so, I'm gettin pretty tempted :p Sex is easy! :))) but less fun :)() with a condom. But it prevents many bad things from hapenning to you when you don't know the person you're sleeping with..

20. Redspades

Redspades New Member

You just said something worth looking at. Indeed it helps a lot to change many times of position if you wanna keep it longer!!

A lot of people are not used with that ''trick'', but when you look at it in a whole manner, sex is like boiling water. If you keep your pot too long on the oven, there's gonna be splashes around^^ (of course you rarely get burnt with an orgasm, that's what's really cool, lol).