How long do you wait? re:pill

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by p00shy, Jan 11, 2008.

1. p00shy

p00shy New Member

After she has her period, my lgirlfriend is going to start the pill, how long does it take for the effects to kick in where it will be at that 99.98% effectiveness level.

How long do i have to wait till i dont have to use a condom?

(yes she has been tested and she has nothing, shes only been with 2 guys, her first boyfriend who was some fag as guy who looked all gumpy and some one nighter who got her drunk and she cheated on me with which i cant forgive her for, not matter how hard i try, but she understand that cause i asked her and she said she wanted to cause he was a nice guy which is total bullshit. it makes me so angry and i can never stop thinking about it. it makes me want to go out there and get even but i know thats wrong. is there a way to forget about it? like amnesia treatment or some hypnosis therapy or something?? i mean shes catholic and im catholic but we still have premarital sex. but i dont believe in one night stands and she doesnt either, or so she says, and i just cant understand why people do this. i mean what happend to love in our world? where sex was the ultimate form of showing your significant other that they meant the world to you, that there is that trust between you two that is harder to break then steel itself. what happened to those values? what happened to those people? i mean, would you guys out there like to hear from your girlfriend that she has been with dozens of men of all shapes and sizes, and women, would you like to hear that your man has been with dozens of women also?? i mean you find the love of your life and find out that there are others that have taken a bit of her. to know that she will remember those guys shes slept with or hes slept with for the rest of their life, no matter how insignificant they may be?)

sorry i kinda had to vent about it all.
    i cant really trust my friends to talk about this stuff too and i cant talk to my gf about it because it concerns her and will just piss her off and make her cry and say imsorry imsorry imsorry and i wont even listen to her plea.
    so why not total strangers??

our world really is going down.
    and we wonder why stds are somewhat of an epidemic.

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

My gyno told me a week but I'd say a month is probably a safer amount of time to wait.

3. p00shy

p00shy New Member

thanks!

4. cbrmale

Gold Member

I was your age in about 1980, and often love didn't have much to do with sex. In the 1970's and early to mid 1980's, the typical pattern was to have a number of casual encounters before or between regular girlfriends / boyfriends (for the girls). Most of the time, we don't 'love' our girlfriends with the intensity of true love in any case, which is why about half of relationships that progress from boyfriend-girlfriend to marriage collapse. They collapse because the couple is not in love, because they don't really know what love is. Love is more than two people sharing friendship, intimacy and sex.

Back to the point, because I survived my casual sexual period emotionally and physically intact, and because I later did psychology thesis on sex, I am quite firm that you can have good or even great sex without any love at all. I also came to learn that we aren't designed to be faithful to one partner for life, and there are always temptations around, and sometimes we get tempted. But the thing is that you can be tempted and have casual sex, and it doesn't really affect your core relationship. Sex does not equal love, and having sex outside a relationship does not impact on your love within your relationship. All you are doing is something outside socially acceptable behaviour in current Western culture. In my view it is not good or bad, it just is.

I also believe that you don't need a relationship or love to have good sex: just someone you are friendly with. Friendly can mean one night, and one night with someone nice, someone you can share good sex with can sometimes be very - special.

Conservatives in our society were aghast at the casual promiscuity of the time I grew up, and we all know the definition of a conservative, don't we? If you don't, it is a person who is obsessed with the idea that someone out there may actually be enjoying themselves. In any case, the advent of AIDS in the mid-1980s enabled conservatives to seize the agenda on sex and relationships, turning the clock back to another era.

Confusion also comes from the schizoid nature of sex. Sex reinforces strong and deep love into something very special, and many of us know this from experience. But just because this happens doesn't make the converse true, that love is essential for good sex, because it isn't.