How long before you were good?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Barbwire, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

We've discussed at what age people have lost their virginity here on SF quite a few times but the topic of when you actually got good at it hasn't been talked about.

For me, I'd say I wasn't really all that good at it, meaning being confident and creative until I turned 40, that is when I went from a willing participant to being very active, mulit-orgasmic, and motivated in the sack.

How about all of you?

2. Beach

Beach New Member

interesting... yeah honestly about the same maybe a few years earlier. up till around 30 I was more myself and mine.
    then I became more interested in the females pleasure.. but sucked. lol..
    now I'd say I know my way around.. lol.

funny though, it continues to evolve. I just dint know where its going. heheh..

3. Northside

Gold Member

I must have done something right with my first girlfriend (sexually) because she stalked me for quite a while after we broke up. Then it was just back seat humping for a while. I was about 19 with my second long term girlfriend when I think I learned how to make sex fun and enjoyable for both of us. We learned oral together and enjoyed spending the whole night together and waking up to more fun. It was great learning how to make her orgasm. They don't know it, but every woman I have been with since, owes her thanks for what I know now.

4. igor

Gold Member

I don't know when it was that I eventually realized that a woman could have an orgasm too. I was probably in my 30's, maybe 40's. After that point I always made sure that she came first. Was I good at sex? I dunno - we weren't very adventurous but it was satisfying to both of us. It was damned seldom, that she wasn't satisfied. I have to admint that I still have more to learn (don't we all)?

5. HardRocker

Gold Member

When I was about 23 I had started to realize there was something beyond
    Uh Uh Uh Uh Uh Uh Uh Uh Uh *BOOM* Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah.

With my last couple of short termers before I met my wife, I started to gain staying power, and with that came more confidence. We explored erogenous zones a bit with some minor success. After I met my future bride, we had the opportunity to practice practice practice. There was no internet to teach us all of the exotic things every 16 year old knows are possible now, but a couple-friend gave us a VHS sex help tape they had mastered. We tried different positions and figured each other out and then, well... we lived happily ever after.:D

6. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

I'm not really sure when to say I "got good", considering I am still getting better and better.:p

7. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

This may sound totally stupid but I don't know if I am good or not. No one ever told me. Maybe that means I am not good.

8. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I'm inclined to think this way too. I intend to keep practising till I die.

9. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

Exactly what I was thinking.:p

10. Lucky

Lucky New Member

I had four older sisters who taught me young on what girls like and don't like. I never had any complaints so I guess I learned well. But I have to say the older I get the better as I have more staying power and I am more patient. I don't want to finish until my mate says enough.

11. cbrmale

Gold Member

I started at 21, and by the time I got married at 27 I was quite good at sex, in that I could last as long as I wanted, which goes back to my first time, and I was also proficient in the female orgasm before intercourse script. I have gained more over time, and I still gain skills and experience. I'm not looking to improve myself as much as to vary our sex life, so it doesn't get routine. So I think up something new, might be bdsm, and we do that. Or something else, and so it goes on.

We shouldn't stop learning and improving, but we should get 'good' with practice, and then better.

12. Barbwire

Gold Member

Please forgive me if I am reading that all wrong but....are you saying you learned about sex with your sisters? :eek

13. htoad

htoad Active Member

This such an interesting question on several levels. I may likely devote a blog entry to it in the near future, because I see so many factors contributing to the definition of "good" in this area.

Generally speaking, I use my my wife to judge how good I am in sex. The vast majority of her judgment has less to do with "the mechanics" and more to do with the mental attitude and perception being conveyed. For example, one aspect of her feeling that I am "good" (and still "getting better") is the degree to which I direct all of my sexual energy towards her and not elsewhere. That, in her view, is one factor that makes me "good".

I hesitate to declare myself as "good" in this (or anything else) out of concern it will lead to complacency on my part. I keep working to learn and to be better. I am glad I have a wife who likes being the "target" of my improvement efforts. :)

14. pussydog

pussydog New Member

i got better with my second girl.she was always active and like doing something diffrent.

15. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

I think learning about your partner is an ongoing, lifetime process... especially after you have been together for an extended period of time. So you may be good at sex, but you can always be better I feel.

For me, I feel like when I gave my g/f an orgasm that almost knocked her out, I felt then that I was becoming a pretty good lover.

After I lost my virginity to her, I was trying to learn everything I could about her body.. reading... experimenting.. etc... I discovered her G-spot for her...

About 2-3 months after I lost my virginity, one night I was teasing her... slowly sliding myself in her.. then when she would push into me, I pulled out... and just barely put my head inside her... then I would do a deep thrust unexpectedly... and it drove her crazy... I did this for several minutes...

Then I picked her up and threw her on the bed and ate her out... then kept teasing her with my dick... back to oral... teasing... rubbing her g-spot... then I picked her up and pounded her from behind really hard while pulling her hair (gently)

She came and fell on the floor... then started to shake... and said she felt paralyzed... so she laid there awhile.. then after 5 mins or so she went to get up to go to the bathroom and she fell down by the door.. and when I went to help her up.. she said her legs felt like rubber and no one ever did that to her before...

When she was up in the bathroom, I noticed in the mirror my back was bleeding... at some point while we were making love she had dug her fingernails so deeply into my back that it was bleeding...

So that was my moment when i discovered I was on the right track to being a good lover...

16. Lucky

Lucky New Member

NO! LOL, not with my sisters, but was coached and taught by my sisters! I guess I worded that wrong!

17. Barbwire

Gold Member

OK, so it's not nearly as creepy as I thought....it's still a touch creepy though. :p

18. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Having four older sisters and all their friends was creepy. But, it made for an interesting childhood!

19. Marcpatrick

Marcpatrick New Member

I always climax so I guess I'm good.

Kidding aside, I am a very solicitous lover. I love seducing women (in a non-misleading way), and I always encourage dialogue during love-making. I love pleasuring women - a woman having an intense orgasm really turns me on, more than my own even.

*sigh* wish my SO was here right now.

20. HardRocker

Gold Member

:p Made yourself horny didn't ya!