How likely is she to cheat?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by griiind, Jun 27, 2011.

1. griiind

griiind New Member

Hi,

This is my first post so any replies are appreciated. I know that I can be a jealous person but I wanted the opinions of other people to help put my mind at ease.

I'm a university student and met my girlfriend there. Term time is great, but depending on work, the holidays can mean a month apart for us. We have a great relationship and she's a good looking girl who get's attention from other guys on nights out. She's given me no reason to suspect her of messing with other guys, but drink hits her pretty hard and she always accepts drinks from guys in order to save money on a night out. I suppose I'm asking how likely it is for her to hook up with other guys on a night out and how often you've witnessed it happening.

Just last week she said that her friend (who is recently engaged) was kissing other guys in the club and then laughed it off in the morning. I take our relationship seriously and so does she, but I can't help but feel that girls might not always resist people coming onto them. Just needed to vent. Opinions?

2. nurseharley

Gold Member

I don't know her, so I can't say. You said she's given you no reason to suspect she would, so leave it at that or express to her your worries.

One thing I'd like to say though is I hope she isn't accepting drinks without watching them be made and handed straight to her.

3. griiind

griiind New Member

Thanks. Yeah it's always from the barman to her directly. I'm giving an idea of who she is, but also asking it kind of generally. How often have you seen girls stray away from relationships for a night? And how would you react if you saw your friends doing that? If you go out as girls to a club, do certain rules get broken much?

4. nurseharley

Gold Member

I've never seen any of my friends go off with a dude from a bar if they're in a relationship. If I did see her do that, I'd try to stop her and talk some sense into her.

Usually a typical girls night involves dancing, drinking, then eating greasy food. We never worried much about guys, at least not fucking them. We may talk to guys and be friendly but thats it.

I don't see a person changing their ways or breaking rules if they're just not that kind of person

5. Trond

Gold Member

You said that you can be jealous, and that's exactly how you sound here. Maybe you should worry more about that?

If your girlfriend often gets seriously drunk, you could try to talk to her about that (it can be dangerous in several ways), but we can't give you a percentage probability of her cheating. From what you told us, I'd say that the chances of you being jealous for no reason is much higher.

6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Hi Griind,
    Some things in life are self fulliling prophesies; in your insecurety you expect her to be "unfaithful" then in all probability she will and you "insights" will have been satisfied.
    Act like you are confident and trusting of her and chances are it won't happen and if it does you will have had no influence on the outcome. She is not a possesion and you cannot cage her so allow her to be free and act how she choses which frankly will give you an even better insight into what the future might hold for the relationship.
    Bottom line; jealousy is a negative waste of energy.

7. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I have been here dude.. honestly on both ends of the stick. Alcohol is no excuse but it definitely does cloud some peoples judgment. I am a jealous person also and find it hard to trust one especially when they are out drinking.. (that is from past experience) I'm not making excuses for myself but when you are drunk.. I am talking a case of beer/two bottles of wine drunk.. you do dumb shit that normally you wouldn't. When I was a teenager I was a "black out" drunk.. my friends would tell me I did this and that.. but I wouldn't remember any of it. Sometimes it is out of your hands and sometimes hers as well.

Just trust the woman.. if something happens oh well like Ibushwalker said you can't cage her she's not a possession.. it happens.

8. CosmicEye

Gold Member

One excuse I never want to hear is "I was drunk and didnt know what I was doing". Thats stupid and it pisses me of. You still have a brain. Ive been wasted but I still alays know whats going on around me.

Trust is important though. If you have no reason to not trust her, then I wouldnt worry too much about it. It is always in the back of a man's mind though. Whatever you do, just dont be a control freak.

9. griiind

griiind New Member

I know I can be the jealous type so thanks for helping me. I guess it stems from being cheated on before- that was with somebody who reacted to alcohol in the same way. I'll keep it under wraps! :)

10. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Wouldn't say "I was drunk and didn't know what I was doing".. Have you ever drank to the point where you remember nothing? there are stages in being drunk believe me I have been ALL of them.. not something to brag about either.

Being drunk does change ones opinion on everything they become a totally different person. I am not playing the devils advocate here but people do dumb shit. Oh yeah they may have a brain but a conscious one yeah not all the time.

@ griiind - good stuff man and I have been cheated on and cheated so I know what the effects of alcohol can do to people

11. 33stack

Gold Member

Accoring to stats, about 50/50.

12. CosmicEye

Gold Member

I have been so wasted that I have threw up everywhere and passed out shortly after. I was still drunk by noon the next day. Thats only happened once and its the worst feeling ever, and is why I hardly drink. But with that said, I can recall just about everything that happened that night. It may have been a day or 2 later to remember, but still. Maybe its just me..

13. Barbwire

Gold Member

Haw, haw, haw!

14. backcheck64

Gold Member

In the 28, closing in on 29 yrs my wife and I have been together, I've never even seen her buzzed much less drunk. Alcohol is a waste of calories and basicly a poison to the body so she doesn't drink at all, sees no reason.

Look at this as a test of character and commitment. Don't know what to tell you, I don't know either of you and have no clue as to character so it's a crap shoot at this point. After about 6 months, I knew I could trust my wife implicitly, but we shared friends and didn't have a large gap of time where we were apart...I still know she wouldn't have cheated. Everyone is different. All I can tell you is if she cheats kick her to the curb.

15. backcheck64

Gold Member

In my high school days, that was a weekend ritual for my friends and I LOL....only thing that made church tollerable..still drunk from the night before.

16. nyxx

nyxx New Member

don't worry about it man, don't you trust her?

17. CosmicEye

Gold Member

I mean its funny know when I look back. I was in my house like "well, I think Im ganna yak". Went to the toilet and not even a minute later it forced its way from my stomach. I dont know how I knew but Im glad I did. I was on the bathroom floor for hours after that lol, and woke up still completely wasted only to fall asleep again

18. Chronichaze

Chronichaze New Member

You most likely don't want to hear my honest opinion but each girl is different from one another so don't take this as absolute fact. I've been in college for a few years. I truly can't tally all the girls I've been in the presence of that cheat on their boyfriends when out and about partying. It's not that they have those intentions. At this prime age of being on your own it's easy to get out of hand and make mistakes. I have lots of girlfriends I go out with on the town with to parties, bars and such and I've seen a handful them do their bfs wrong a couple times. As I said though, I'd hate to exclusively label all college girls as this but surely it happens frequently at our age.

19. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

It must be just you. I'm talking more drunk than that... try doing 10 tequila shots in a row that's after drinking about 6 pints of beer.. takes about 20 minutes to kick in and then blank! Before I did the shots I rang my Dad to pick me up.. but after was a whole other story ... Apparently I danced with random guys all skanky like.. my friends just told me some random guys. Then my Dad came to pick me up and I tried to beat him up because I didn't want to leave.. this is what he said... and he told me that I could walk home after that. I woke up in my boyfriends bed.. he wasn't even at the bar that night.. don't ask me how I got there he said O just knocked on his window he opened the window and I climbed in. Weird huh.

Bottle of Stolichnaya vodka in 30 minutes.. followed by guzzling half a blue label smirnoff... I remember standing around for approximately 10 minutes following that and then leaning against a wall.. then nothing after.. apparently I tried walking home.. fought my brother off and he said I tired my self out with my pitiful punches and then he put me in a bed. I woke up like WTF am I? Have I got my clothes on? phew I am safe..

I have been passed out on a park bench in the middle of town.. with guys trying to undress me.. the guys I apparently left a party with.. another tequila night..

Why can I recall these events so well because I have tried so many times to remember what I can't remember and it's blank I always remember up to a certain point and then nothing.

That was when I was much younger. Maybe I am messed in the head though something in my brain doesn't like being stimulated by alcohol. I might actually look that up.

20. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Dam girl, well you sure as shit got me beat.