How important is eye contact?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Chronichaze, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Chronichaze

Chronichaze New Member

I've always thought that when you're physically attracted to someone that a great way to mutually see each other's interest is through eye contact. For me I think it's an important way to draw someone in who you're physically attracted to yet some people seem to refrain from it at all costs. How important do you think it is when drawing someone in? or do you believe it's crucial when connecting with someone?

#1 Chronichaze, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  2. need4more

need4more New Member

Very crucial.. eyes can tell a whole lot of stories. Can give you a deeper insite to that person! I think it also shows respect. very important.

3. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Yep I do but as you say many people particularly in large cities seem to totally avoid eye contact seemingly at all cost.
    As a country guy when visiting in the city it always freaks me that everyone makes me feel invisible.
    To get a woman's interest or attention eye contact is essential.

4. shortNsweet90

shortNsweet90 New Member

I personally think eye contact is very important. With my last boyfriend as he ever did was stare into my eyes and it really just made me feel so safe. He was looking at me not through me.

What annoys me the most is eye contact during sex because when ever I look into my new boyfriends eyes he is so distracted with the act of sex that he's not looking at me he's just looking through me. I will smile at him to let him know what he's doing is really good because he knows I already like it because I'm breathing like crazy. But he's looking right at my face and I smile but he shows nothing to say that he saw I like it. He just keeps pumping away at the same rate mouth dropped open breathing heavy

5. paintedblue

paintedblue Member

"Mouth breathers".. If you want to get his attention, grab him by the chin and tell him "Fuck ME.. not the wall behind me!"
    That should snap him out of it ;)

Eye contact is a tricky thing with me. I think it has to do with confidence more than anything. Women wield far more power in the bedroom than they realize. So dont let a distant gaze throw you, it may just be him focusing on trying not to cum too soon or something. I know with me, I am wondering all kinds of things during sex.. is this feeling good for her, should I change positions, trying to decipher her body language, would her sister like to join us, how am I gonna get all this clown makeup out of the sheets, this Abe Lincoln beard is itching like a motherfucker.. all kinds of things are on my mind.. . So dont worry..:eek

6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

PB, dam I am really warming up to you dude.
    Just love that one "would her sister like to join us"? That is 1st class!
    The rest ain't bad either.

7. Sigh

Gold Member

I'm a very awkward person and get paranoid when people look at me for more than 3 seconds ESPECIALLY when I'm out in public. I tend to get a lot of attention on the street and it makes me feel so vunerable. I pretend to be confident but I get quite nervous & avoid eye contact.

But I do love looking into someone's eyes. When someone's talking to me I stare right in their eyes (probably too much!) they are the windows to the soul after all. I tend to make a lot of eye contact when someone's talking to me but I'm the complete opposite with people who aren't talking to me...

I doubt I would be comfortable with looking into someone's eyes whilst having sex, it would be sooo uncomfortable for me (><)

8. gyfo

gyfo New Member

Wow. For me this is a tricky subject. I think most times for me I try and make eye contact. Make her feel like its her that I want and not just another Vagina.

There is definitely an intimacy generated in eye contact which adds to the whole experience. I however am a very visual person. I love to admire the rest of her body. Take notice of all the curves and lines. The visual part for me is very imprtant as I think it is with most guys.

But a balance needs to be found. Especially with women that are more emotional about the sexual experience... Paying attention to her needs I guess.

Plus making her feel more comfortable and appreciated is going to pay off. Am I right ladies?

Just my humble opinion.

9. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Agreed. :)

10. lbushwalker

Gold Member

[Originally Posted by Sigh]

I doubt I would be comfortable with looking into someone's eyes whilst having sex, it would be sooo uncomfortable for me (><)[/QUOTE]

Ah baby that's the hottest thing during sex; especially as I enter her body & seeing her pupils dilate, the windows to her inner being & it's like entering her body and soul simultaneously.
    Likewise as she sucks my dick looking up mischievously into my eyes...hot!

#10 lbushwalker, Apr 7, 2011
  11. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I have a lazy eye and when I don't wear my glasses I look quite cross eyed. Because of this I was bullied badly at school and learnt to avoid eye contact. When I was 17 I had surgery to straighten the eye but it still looks crooked when I take my glasses off. I forced myself to make eye contact as often as possible but if I'm feeling insecure I'll still look away.

I love making eye contact during sex. My boyfriend accepts my funny eyes as part of me so unless I'm upset with him I have no problem there.

12. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Wow that got me tingly lol. But yes I love looking into my lovers eyes.. mmm

#12 Untamed, Apr 7, 2011
  13. Meee

Gold Member

I think the boyfriend got me with his direct look. It was so different from the eye pong that everybody plays.

14. collette

collette Member

Agreed!!!! So HOT and in the other direction as well, sighhhhhh

15. Trond

Gold Member

This is one of several things that I suspect led to my problems finding a girlfriend in my teens and early 20's. I remember one girl actually telling me that I avoided eye contact, and I had no clue that I did that. I am not that bad anymore, but probably still not the greatest charmer on the planet.

It should also be added that this depends a lot on culture. Norwegians tend to be a bit more "reserved" than the French for example. In some cultures eye contact is considered rude unless you know the person well. Some regions are extremely strict with women's "modesty", which is why they almost never look you in the eye.

16. gyfo

gyfo New Member

I have to agree with bushwalker.. Its a massive turn on when a woman looks at you with your piece in her mouth. That's one of those things that drives me wild!!

17. Sigh

Gold Member

Hmmm...when the time comes I'll try to make eye contact then lol seems like a lot of men love that :)

18. gyfo

gyfo New Member

Sigh... You defo won't go wrong there!! Its a winning formula. And you'll keep him begging for more. And he will definitely be more eager to return the favour ;)

19. Chronichaze

Chronichaze New Member

Actually couple years ago I started to make a conscious effort in making more direct eye contact with the girls I was talking to. My rate of getting ass went way up lol

20. Flame

Flame New Member

Eye contact is extremely important. I think I have an eye fetish, actually! I am obsessed with eyes (especially if they are a very pale blue...)

A man can be unattractive and otherwise completely unappealing, but if he knows how to look at me, I'll have a VERY hard time resisting.

The way we look at each other gives so much more information that what we are saying or doing. I always think of people as either having a twinkle in their eye or not; they are either sexual or they are not. One man I know is very interesting in that respect. When he's with a group of his friends he is animated and fun and the way he looks at me and the others is really sexy. But when he is with his wife, it's as if he has a completely different set of eyes. His gaze is almost blank. He laughs and smiles and joins in the fun just like when she's not there, but the sparkle is no longer there; the sexuality in his expression is completely gone.

I also use my eyes when I flirt. You know, the classic coy glances and looking down then up again with my head tilted to one side. And of course, as has been mentioned, looking up into his eyes with my mouth full of his cock. I don't know why men find that such a turn on but I know it is.

And I love the way that girls' eyes start to lose focus and close when they are excited. Very sexy.

And how a man, if he knows how to do it, can look at me with eyes that say, "You will do whatever I say and you will do it right away, without hesitation. And it will feel very, very good."

Yep, eyes and eye contact are important, in my opinion!