How important is experience for sex?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Makesmewonder, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Makesmewonder

Makesmewonder New Member

Hi there. I know I've been quiet, but since I got a night job I haven't gotten much time to write here (day is for sleeping!). I want to ask you guys how important is experience, since I'll be a first timer... at my age I bet all women have certain expectations from their partners, so I'm afraid my lack of experience will lead way to failiure. Which would be bad even if it is my first time, cause my confidence will drop like meteor. So how is it then?

2. Katprr

Katprr New Member

Honestly in my opinion sex is only as good as your communication!! As I have told many people before, someone being inexperianced in the bedroom has nothing to do with whether you will have good sex or not, communication plays that role.
    Have I been with someone who is inexperiance, and of course we had amazing sex. Just because someone is inexperiance doesnt mean that it wont be or cant be amazing. You both have to have a open door on communication. Listening to one another on likes or dislikes, what feels good, what doesnt etc..
    This is just my 2cents though. So does it play a role nope and should it matter nope. Sex isnt about experiance or lack of it,,,it is adult playtime and without communication how can sex be good?

3. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Don't measure yourself by your experience, or lack of it. As Kat said, communication is important. Everyone has to begin somewhere, and quite honestly sex is a natural, innate act, so don't expect to fail. If you worry about it too much, you will put so much pressure on yourself that you may not perform as well as you could otherwise. Make sure you choose a partner whom you trust, and once you get past the initial jitters you should be ok!

4. Dreama

Gold Member

All I think is necessary is to be a willing learner, charismatic, and someone who enjoys themselves and isn't afraid to show it. I mean, you're only 21. There are a lot of people who are around our age who've never had sex.

5. bucky

bucky New Member

Don't worry about your inexperience so much. We all started out inexperienced and if things aren't rockets and fireworks the first time don't let it get you down. Practice, practice, practice.
    Communication is absolutely a necessity whether it's your first time or millionth time. The more you talk to your SO and find out what her likes and dislikes are the better your sexual experiences will be.
    BTW, my first time lasted about 15 secs before I came, and now I've worked my way up to 2 minutes, but boy what a tongue I've got.;)

6. HardRocker

Gold Member

Tell her you've never done it, she'll jump on you like stink on shit! I swear, I'm not making this up. You'll look back some day and realize it was the smartest sentence you ever uttered.

7. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

At your age? You're only 21. First of all, there's no "supposed to" in sex. I doubt that any woman (experienced or otherwise) knowing you were a virgin, would expect anything of you. Becoming a good lover is a skill (or set of skills) that takes a lot of time and practice to develop. Just be honest and upfront about it and she will happily guide you through it.

8. igor

Gold Member

Just be honest about it. We all started with a first time:phat

9. Pride

Pride New Member

idk i know that i have been with a few girls that were quite a bit more expirenced than me. including my first.

and to this day she still is not fully convinced that i was a virgin.

so i would have to say as long as u pay attention...it dont have much to do with it

10. Rocket Queen

Rocket Queen New Member

Communication is the key, girls love to take charge (even those shy ones) so all you have to do is tell her that it's your first time and you want to learn how to please her and she will show you... If you listen, learn and take mental notes she may mould you into becoming an amazing lover.

11. Kanto

Kanto Member

I'd say a good mutual understanding is more important than experience. If you and your partner have a disposition that allows you to just let things go, you won't get so hung up on doing something wrong.

12. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

I agree. There is nothing to be worried about. Every time you meet up with a new lover, even though you gain experience, it will be another beginning. The key to absolutely awesome sex is to just let yourself go with the flow, do what feels good naturally, and respond in kind to your partner. Hubby and I STILL find new things that turn us on together and for each other, and that's ok. I am a firm believer that the best sexual encounters are those with someone whom you connect with intellectually, and also with whom you feel a soulful connection, or chemistry. This does not necessarily mean love, but it is a step above lust.

13. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Well said, FC...I couldn't agree more.

BD